Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Changing Book That Author Is Linked With

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ipswichblade (new)

Ipswichblade | 3 comments Is there a way as a librarian that I can change the book that one of my favorite authors is linked with. I have an author who is linked with a book that he contributed to and I would like to change it to one he wrote by himself
Thanks
Andrew

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments I am not sure I understand what you mean - can you post links to the book and author?

message 3: by Ipswichblade (new)

Ipswichblade | 3 comments Sorry it wasn't easy to explain! One of my own favorite authors is Harry Pearson. On my list of favorite authors under his picture it says he wrote "My Favourite Year" which he actually was only one of many contributors. I would like to change that book to "The Far Corner" which he wrote himself.
Its not that important but in the interests of accuracy and in my newly appointed role as librarian I was doing some cleaning up!!

message 4: by Paula (last edited Mar 13, 2010 01:10PM) (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments Right - I see what you want to do - I don't think you can. By the looks of it, My Favorite Year is the most popular / rated of his books and that is why it is at the top of the list, and therefor appearing as the "book" he wrote in my favorite

message 5: by Ipswichblade (new)

Ipswichblade | 3 comments Thanks Paula, as I said its only a small point but I felt harry deserved his own book linked rather than one he was just contributing to!