Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Somebody gave me a piece of Wrigley's spearmint yesterday and I liked it. I can't remember the last time I had gum.

Pros and cons of gum? Favorite kinds? How often do you chew? Do you swallow it or spit it out? Stick it under the table for someone else to enjoy later?

message 2: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments when i have gum it is always because someone else offered it to me, i never buy it. the last time i had gum was yesterday evening and i swallowed it because i was at a movie theatre an hour into a movie. gum is good for you and your teeth, as long as you buy the right kind and don't eat/have too much of it. gum does make me hungry.

message 3: by Her (new)

Her Majesty (hermajesty) | 122 comments Really? I always buy gum, me gusta a brand called Extra.

I don't think there's any real pros or cons, it's just gum. I think of it as a jaw workout, keeps me away from eating.

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17322 comments Mod
I got out of the habit of chewing it when I was in beauty school. Our instructors were HUGE on hating it, so I learned to just suck on a mint if I need some sort of refreshment.

Now I find it slightly disturbing to look out at my class and see 18 jowls working away, like cows chewing their cud.

message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) Since I (gasp) smoke, I always have gum somewhere on my person. Anything minty. But I only chew it long enough to freshen my breath. I don't get people who chew it all day, and I especially can't stand people who crack their gum. It makes me feel murderous.

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Cows chewing cud. Yup.

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17322 comments Mod
Uh oh, Mary. When and if I do chew gum I totally smack it. I love to do that.

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori Me too! I figure it's the Brooklyn in me.

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) Thank God for the internet. It's soundproof.

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments gum makes me sick to my stomach. all those juicy juices in my gut. i do chew it to make my breath fresh

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I carry gum, Trident, for when I don't have a chance to brush my teeth after eating.
If I chew it too long, it upsets my stomach, too, Kevin.
I never swallow it, that's why you keep the little wrapper!
I do like to blow the occasional bubble.

And wow, is this a subject full of opportunities for double-entendres...

message 12: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I chew gum incessantly. The only gum I'll chew is Orbit Peppermint, and I always chew 2 sticks at a time.

message 13: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments yes, why do they make them so small you almost have to chew two at a time?

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I like the Trident gums with Dentec that actually clean your teeth a little.

Also, I have a big jar of health food gum that my dad gave me. You can only chew it for a few minutes because it dissolves, but it's also good for post-meal cleaning.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.