Teen Book of the Month discussion

Book of the Week

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laney (new)

Laney | 13 comments Mod
This was a cool idea I had. Don't know if people will even join or not. But I'd love to have each member read the same book in the same week. So then over the weekend or something, we could hold a discussion of some sort. If you have any ideas, please comment and share! I'd love to hear what everyone is thinking.

message 2: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 4 comments Is this group strictly for Teens, or is it for anyone who enjoys teen books? I love teen books, but I am way past my teens.

message 3: by Samira (last edited Mar 12, 2010 08:44PM) (new)

Samira (sam920) How about Summoning by Kelly Armstrong. Its the first book in a trilogy. I've been meaning to read this book. Its in the fantasy/supernatural teen genre. Its really good. Its just a suggestion but plse let know what you guys think.

message 4: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie (comeonskinnylove) What about The Catcher in the Rye?

message 5: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 4 comments I think we should read The Catcher in the Rye as a tribute to the late J.D. Salinger.

message 6: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 4 comments Or how about Stardust by Neil Gaiman?

message 7: by Laney (new)

Laney | 13 comments Mod
Catamorandi wrote: "Is this group strictly for Teens, or is it for anyone who enjoys teen books? I love teen books, but I am way past my teens."

It's a club for anyone who reads teen books, not just teens. I'd like to hear how others, teens AND adults, see the books and their meanings.

message 8: by Laney (new)

Laney | 13 comments Mod
Those are all great ideas for Book of the Week books. I'm not quite sure when we'll start reading the books together. Possibly next week sometime? Not sure. Just have to see how things go. But thanks for all the suggestions.

message 9: by Laney (new)

Laney | 13 comments Mod
oh, and when we get some suggestions in, I'll put the most popular ones in a poll and you guys can vote on which one you want to read. The winning book will be our Book of the Week.

message 10: by Samira (new)

Samira (sam920) that's a good idea!