Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > Beware of Your Vehicle and License Plate

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch , Mod (last edited Mar 12, 2010 05:10PM) (new)

Arch  | 6569 comments Mod
My vehicle is down right now. I have to get it fix. I thank God for my good eyesight. I had a doctor's appointment today and I had to ride the bus to work. Well, the bus pass a block from my house. I was on the bus on my way to work, when I've noticed that my license plate was gone from my car. I was a block away from my house. Yes, I can see that good.

I ride with someone to work. When she dropped me off, sure enough my license plate wasn't on my car.

The Lord made it to where, the woman that had my license plate showed up as I was outside. It was my upstair neighbor's sister or cousin that had my license plate on her car.

I found it strange that this woman was backing up her car, instead of parking it straight like she use to. I was lead to go check behind her car and sure enough my license plate was on her car. This wasn't the first time that her car was backed up. I've noticed that the car was back up Friday as well.

The lady has been at her cousin or sister's house for about two weeks now. No telling how long she has been using my license plate. I should have known that something wasn't right with my license plate, when I've noticed that it wasn't straight on my car last week.

Her car didn't have a license plate on it, the first time that I have seen her car. I don't even recall seeing a temporary license plate in the back window, maybe because her window is a little dark and her car was full of clothes.

Let me say that I wasn't hot sauce, but I wasn't happy either. I was calm and firm.

The lady that rode with the car owner came down stairs. I've told her that I wanted my license plate off that car. She said that she didn't own the car. I told her to tell whomever own the car that they need to take my license plate off their car and that I was calling the cops.

The owner was told what I have said and she came downstairs and removed my license plate. She told me that she didn't know it was my license plate and that she gotten it from a guy. That a guy told her that he could get her a license plate. She should have known that something was wrong with that picture. Because the only place you can get legal license plate is from the motor vehicle department. If you get it from anywhere else, it's stolen.

She kept telling me that she has two children and that she went to the store to get her baby some milk.

I've asked her how come she didn't have a license plate for her car. She told me that she bought it from a guy.

I've told her that she will have to tell the cop, who gave her my license plate.

She pretended to be dumb again. Claiming that she didn't know that the license plate was mine and that the guy didn't live in the apartments that I live in and that all she knows he's a tall guy.

I had to school her about how things are done, in regards to getting a legal license plate.

The cop came and I had to school the woman again in the front of the man about how to get a legal license plate. I have told her that she should have known that my license plate wasn't hers.

In the front of the cop, the lady said that she had a tag on her car. I've asked her why didn't she go get her own license plate. She then told me that she had a license plate on her car and that the guy told her that he put her license plate back on her car.

The cop probably thought that I was about to wax the ground with that young woman.

In the front of him, she kept claiming that she didn't know and that she was from Alabama. As if Alabama doesn't follow the motor vehicle laws. I've gone to Alabama in 99 to spend a few days with a buddy of mine and I've gone with her and her family to get her papers and license plate for a car that she bought.

Come to find out, after the cop starting asking her questions. She's from Alabama, but has been living in a city that's 10 miles from my city, for three years.

I asked the cop if he can run my plate to make sure no tickets was on it. My plate came out clean. I have told the cop by his car that I wasn't going to press charges against her, because I didn't want to see her go to jail.

After I had the cop check my license plate to make sure no tickets were registered to my car, we've both walked back to my apartment. She was still sitting in the chair that she was in, when the cop arrived.

I've told her in the front of the cop that I wasn't going to press charges against her. I have already told the cop that by his car. I didn't want her to go to jail. She had two children. A two year old and a 9 month.

The cop told her that she's lucky that I didn't press charges against her, because she would have served some time.

She kept telling me that she was sorry. Even way before the cop came. I guess she thought that I was going to beat her up.

The cop asked her if her children had anywhere to stay. For a while, I thought he was going to take her children away from her. The woman looked at me. I didn't want that to happen. The cop went on to talk to her about the law and her vehicle. I left the cop with her outside and gone in my house.

But, I did hear him ask her who gave her the plate and then she said a guy she use to stay with.

I'm sorry my post in long, but I just want to warn you all about your vehicle and license plate.

Make sure you know your license plate. Take a picture of it. I live in an apartment, but just because someone lives in their own home, it doesn't mean that people will not steal your license plate or even switch license plate with you.

They can have tickets on their license plate or their tag could have expired and they see that you have a good license plate, they will take yours and if you don't know your license plate, you can be driving around with a license plate that's not even yours.

Also, examine your car at least twice a month. Take pictures of your car. Sometimes, you can have a crack in your window that wasn't there or even a broken light. I've noticed on a car of mine that one of my lights are broken and it wasn't broken for the 4 years that I had it. Well, April would make 4 years. It was recently broken and I don't know who did it, but my guess it's one of my neighbor's son. I've caught him standing on my car one day and his mother was sitting down outside not telling him anything, but when I've told him something she wanted to get offended.

I respect people and their property and I expect people to do the same thing.

Okay, I'm ending this long post.

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
Wow, Arch. That's pretty scary. I'm glad you worked it out. Just be careful, because people are crazy. That was kind of you not to press charges. I hope she learns a lesson there. It's not the expensive to register your car. I don't know that lady's financial situation, but she could afford registering her car, even if she had to save up for it.

message 3: by Arch , Mod (last edited Mar 13, 2010 04:06AM) (new)

I wouldn't buy a car, unless I could cover the tax and title.

I don't believe in having a vehicle that's registered under another person's name. If they get mad with you they can say you stole their car. Because everything is still in their name.

Most like it, the car wasn't notarized as well.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
I'm pretty weird about people having financial control over me, in general.

message 5: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I'm pretty weird about people having financial control over me, in general."

Me to. That's why I don't believe in letting anyone co-sign anything for me.

I'll work for what I need or want.

message 6: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments That is very good you caught that and nice of you not to press charges

message 7: by Chaeya (new)

Chaeya | 454 comments I know both my license plates by heart. Also, it won't do any good here in Cali. If I saw my license gone from my car, I'd immediately report it stolen and have a filed police report. Any tickets come in on it, it will show you reported it stolen. I won't say it won't be a fight, but it does give you some legal recourse against paying them.

Still, the police regularly run your plates when they are sitting next to you and if it doesn't match up, they will pull you over and if that had happened with that lady, she would have been in pretty big trouble explaining why she had someone else's license plate on her car.

It doesn't amaze me how ignorant some people are. She sounds like she's one step away from being homeless and unless she learns how things work, she's gonna wind up in trouble for one thing or other. Maybe your not filing charges against her will be an incentive for her to get herself together.

message 8: by Arch , Mod (new)

Chaeya wrote: "I know both my license plates by heart. Also, it won't do any good here in Cali. If I saw my license gone from my car, I'd immediately report it stolen and have a filed police report. Any ticket..."

Yes, the cops runs your license plate, if they stop you to make sure you have insurances.

I wish that young lady would get her head straight and stop driving that car, because she will not lose the car, but her children as well.