Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Kerrelyn Sparks

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shmaybra (new)

Shmaybra | 18 comments I was walking around my local bookstore and saw these.... How To Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks
Vamps and the City (Love at Stake, #2) by Kerrelyn Sparks Sugarplums and Scandal by Dana Cameron Be Still My Vampire Heart (Love at Stake, #3) by Kerrelyn Sparks The Undead Next Door (Love At Stake, #4) by Kerrelyn Sparks All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire (Love At Stake, #5) by Kerrelyn Sparks Secret Life of a Vampire (Love at Stake, #6) by Kerrelyn Sparks Forbidden Nights With a Vampire (Love at Stake, #7) by Kerrelyn Sparks

Has anyone read any of these books?!? What did you think about them or about the author?? Worth reading?

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore I've only read the first two in the series, and I've really enjoyed them. I've bought all the books in the series. It's definitely a series that I'd like to keep up with.

message 3: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 193 comments I've read up to The Undead Next Door and own them all. I love them and they're great fun to read. The latest one (The Vampire and the Virgin) has just been released.

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 320 comments I have only read the first one in this series. I was not impressed it was just meh. Good premise but very predictable. I prefer the Lynsay Sands series.

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
I've read the entire series. As with any series--some stories are better than others. But I do LOVE the premise. lol, Vampire Digital Network TV station, with Vamp News, soaps, reality TV programs. . . As with most series, I think that the first 1 was the weakest. But I still enjoyed it. These are "light" vampire stories (i.e. a good bit of humour) but not ALL light--there are some dark minutes in them.

message 6: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) | 453 comments I'm reading my first book by her "Forbidden Nights with a Vampire" and so far,so good.Though the whole "i am so big & bad & nothing scares me" crap is getting old quick.

message 7: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 565 comments I tried to read The Undead Next Door and thought the heroine was way too "sassy" for just meeting someone. I was huffing and puffing through the first 20 pages and just put the book down. I'll try to come back to it later. Some books I don't care for on the first read and ended up liking later.

message 8: by Stacie (new)

Stacie H. (staciemh) | 75 comments Read them all except the newest one and liked them. As Ann mentioned they are light reads, but they have a fun back story that connects the different books as they highlight different characters falling in love. Must say that that this series would probably be among the best to actually be a vampire in - Vampire tv, Chocoblood/Bubbly Blood, etc.

message 9: by Jas (new)

Jas (10jbean01) | 30 comments I think I've read the majority of the books and it was really unfortunate that I read them all almost one after another. I started with Forbidden Nights (which I believe is the 7th out of 7 books...)and I really enjoyed it. I absolutely loved the two main characters and I thought they complemented each other beautifully. Unfortunately I didn't feel quite the same way with all of the other books. I don't know if its because I read them in such quick succession that they all started feeling like the same people and the same book, if I was just not in the mood, or if they were actually not as good as they initially started. I think the best thing to do with these books is to spread them out and put a few books between reads.