Harry Potter discussion

Movies > WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE HARRY POTTER MOVIES??????

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kanika (new)

Kanika (kanikasood) | 113 comments hey guyz! I really wanna know what you think of the harry potter movies.... Do you think they were well made or do you think they were trash?
I thought some parts of the movies were really good like the casting and the sets the way they really made the hogwarts look alive... but I thought some parts such like the length of the movies and the editing was bad! what do you think???

message 2: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) my opinion vary for each movie
1-good
2-good
3-too dark, other wise good
4-MUST GO DIE!!!! ... dont EVEN get me SARTED here!
5-acceptable

message 3: by Suz (new)

Suz | 145 comments the movies are ok - I think its really disappointing for the book fans when they see the movies because they have always cut out the bits you really want to see. I thought the bit in 4 when the weasleys get stuck behind the dursleys fireplace was hilarious and was really looking forward to seeing it in the the film -but no dursleys! I also HATE it when they put in scenes that dont even appear in the books! Whats that all about - do they not think they have enough material in the books already?? Or mabe they think they can write Harry better than Jo?!!

message 4: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) yeah, i know!!!! i definately liked the 1st dumbledore better, didnt u?

message 5: by Suz (new)

Suz | 145 comments yes the first was more dumbledoreish to me - although I guess they had no choice what with the first one dying - they couldn't just cancel out DD from the story! I can't say I hold out much hope for the Deathly Hallows what with them splitting into 2 - where are they gonna stop the first one - and how frustrating is that gonna be????

message 6: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) yeah, i know! i would DEFINATELY sit and watch a 5+ hr long movie! course, I'd have to hit the pause button to use the bathroom once in a while, but hey, that's life! if the movie was good, i'd watch it! and if it was bad... well, lets just say i'd make fun of it!

message 7: by Suz (new)

Suz | 145 comments Bathroom??? Bathrooms are for wimps! Just cross your legs and stick with the 125 hour film that would be HP7 - if they did it properly!!!

message 8: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) umm, if it was 125 hrs, which it SHOULD be, they would need to include time to sleep, cuz thats *does calculations* more than 5 days! i can handle one or two, but NOT 5!!

message 9: by Suz (new)

Suz | 145 comments Call yourself a Harry Potter fan - just prop your eyes open with matchsticks!! - oh and your maths is much better than mine by the way - well done for the quick mental arithmatic at this hour! They could just build cinemas with beds in and some sort of capacity to download the film into your brain as you sleep - that seems do-able right???? (And totally realistic I know!!)

message 10: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) actually, i gotta be honest, i used the calculator on the computer...solution to sleeping problem! Monster, Coffe, Mountain Dew, Red Bull, any energy drink!!! course, you shouldnt let me drink them, cuz i get a sugar high on air... lol

message 11: by Suz (new)

Suz | 145 comments And there it is - the sound of my illusions being shattered!!! And I thought you were just really studious!! I thought air was low in sugar?? (Mental note to re think the diet and exclude the high sugar air!!)

message 12: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) im srry to shatter ur hopes and dreams. im normally good at math, but, uh, ive been up ALL night... since 6:00 am yesterday, which was *does mental calculations* 26.5 hrs ago, give or take a few min. thats my point about the air by the way. it IS low in sugar, which makes it kinda sad that i get a sugar high off of it.

message 13: by Suz (new)

Suz | 145 comments ok I am impressed again - ish!! Why have you been up since 6 yesterday - do you not do sleeping (are you a vampire??) - or do you actually have the 125 hour version of one of the HP films??

message 14: by Snowsong (new)

Snowsong (kdskid007) lol, im more wampire these days... always cold, very pale, like taste of blood (my own, nvr anyone else's... yet, lol!), dont sleep much... i WISH i had the 125 hr version!! and i was up all night cuz i was roleplaying, and ppl got off 6 am, i did stuff, and then ppl got back on at 8 am, and then i was on all day, and got off for dinner!

message 15: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) | 155 comments they r ok

message 16: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (irajnug) | 732 comments yeah... fave is the 1st cause they actually stick to the plot the most there... i mean, in the 5th movie the tweaked it a bit too much for my liking with the whole cho thing. plus, in the 1st movie they're all cute and little! and the least stuff is left out in the 1st too. the others, in other words, suck badly.