The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Battle Royale?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erik (last edited Mar 17, 2010 01:53AM) (new)

Erik Honestly, I see this book alot around here and from the summary it just seems like a Battle Royale knockoff...

Am I wrong in this? Seems so popular.

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Yeah, I think it seems similar to Battle Royale, the whole idea of survival of young people under horrifying circumstances. I'm still to read Battle Royale, though I've seen the movie, and read Hunger Games and I actually think they were somehow very different from each other. Didn't have the slighest feel that Hunger Games was a knock-off of Battle Royale. It was actually one of the best fast-paced gripping young adult books I've read so far.

message 3: by Erik (new)

Erik Gokce wrote: "Yeah, I think it seems similar to Battle Royale, the whole idea of survival of young people under horrifying circumstances. I'm still to read Battle Royale, though I've seen the movie, and read Hun..."

THanks for the answer, maybe I'll check it out then!

And I realize now that by using a word like "knockoff" I put myself in a bad position argument-wise.

I should have said that I found it weird that noone mentioned BR in their reviews.

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Yeah, I think you'd like it :)
And I'm surprised that no reviews had BR in them, I think I had written in mine, can't remember exactly, but that was what I thought about the book too, the similarity in theory I mean.

Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinions, and since you haven't read the book yet I wouldn't worry about your wording, but give it a try, you might find it entertaining, I personally couldn't put it down! :)