Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Self Promotion Tips > What Do You Have Coming Up?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 133 (133 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Shalonda (new)

Shalonda Williams-McClendon (shalondatreasurewilliams) | 36 comments Here is where I want to find out what others have going on. I think would love to stop by a blog or two. Someone on here may live in your area and can attend your book signing. Another person may be close by to hear you speak or see you in your stage production.

In the way of my events...

http://shalondatreasurewilliams.webs.... will give you more info on my upcoming teleseminar. It is going to be GOOOOOOOD! SO, don't miss it. We are talking about Motivating Yourself Even When... even when loss happens. even when drama comes. even when project feel stalled. Join me and get much more.

http://blogtalkradio.com/motivatinfor... will take you to set your reminder of the introduction show for Motivation For Today Blog Talk Show. Please join me.

and you know about...

http://shalondatreasurewilliams.webs.... taking you to check out the details of my upcoming book contest for "Motivating Yourself In Just 21 Days".

message 2: by Karey (last edited Mar 12, 2010 03:06PM) (new)

Karey (kareyshane) | 16 comments Yes, thanks Sholanda. I've got a couple of things going on for Secret Speakers:

Kindle Giveaway, along with a signed first print, numbered and signed pre-publication edition of Secret Speakers, and the audio book adaptation read by Booklist's Voice of Choice, Simon Vance.

People can sign up on either Café Skill or Secret Speakers Both websites have an excerpt of the audio book which is fun.

Costco Signing in the Orem, Utah Costco in the afternoons from April 1 - 3 (the three days leading up to Easter.) It's early this year!

message 3: by Frances (new)

Frances (mothindarkness) I'm embarking on a virtual book tour starting Monday. My short, Science Fiction Romance is coming out, and I'll be at a different blog each day for the next two weeks.
Schedule is up at: http://francespauli.com
and I'm giving away a copy of the book and some cover art posters along with the tour.

message 4: by M. (new)

M. Pax (mpax) | 33 comments Congrats on the book, Frances!

message 5: by Shalontel (new)

Shalontel | 22 comments Hello All!
I am so excited to join! I am author and I am happy to know there is a place I can chat with readers and authors. Just to give info on myself, my book, "No One in New Orleans Will Die" will be released in April of this year. I also have a blog: shalontel.blogspot.com. Currently, I am in New Orleans actively promoting my book. I look forward to being an active member of this club!

message 6: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 44 comments I just did an interview with a local monthly publication and it came out a few days ago. It's a free publication so there's no telling how many people will pick it up since it covers three counties. I have another interview coming up in a couple of weeks.
Please check out my book, Her Sanctuary by P.Q. Glisson on amazon.com. Read the synopsis and see if it's something you'd been interested in. I've gotten great reviews so far and my fans are inquiring about a sequel. I am currently working on two more novels at the present but I may revisit Sanctuary. After all, Shannon and Seth are like a part of my family, and I sorta miss um.

message 7: by Shalontel (new)

Shalontel | 22 comments @P.Q. It definitely sounds interesting and I look forward to checking it out.

message 8: by J. (new)

J. Rubino (jrubino) The Jane Austen "reviews" on our site - janetility.com - have been getting feedback - unfortunately many of them are not coming in the way of our comment board, but through e-mail or comments on other boards. The latest is a send-up of "The Bachelor".
We took part in a panel at the Morgan Museum in NYC in Jan, in conjunction with their Jane Austen exhibit. Next month we will address a women's civic group, and in June we will speak at the North Wildwood Beach Writers Conference, an annual book conference in North Wildwood, NJ.
We also have a guest blog coming up.

janetility.com

janetility.com

message 9: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 44 comments I got a call last night from the editor at Effingham Magazine who wants to interview me next Monday about my book! It is a local Magazine that is distributed around Savannah and the surrounding areas of Southeast Georgia and I think S.C. as well. It will be my second interview with a local publication!!!! I'm so excited!!! Wish me luck!!

message 10: by Frances (new)

Frances (mothindarkness) That is awesome! Congrats.

Frances

message 11: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 44 comments Thanks Frances!!!My next step is to contact the "Savannah Magazine" and get them to do an interview. That's a major publication that has a lot of backing.

message 12: by M. (new)

M. Pax (mpax) | 33 comments Congrats PQ!

Mary

message 13: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 44 comments Thanks so much Mary! I'm looking forward to it!

message 14: by M. (new)

M. Pax (mpax) | 33 comments Congrats, Nanette!

Too bad about the stalker thing. Did you get any advice on how to deal with that?

message 15: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 44 comments Thanks for the heads up Nanette.
congrats on your interview. Have you had interviews before? Do you have any particular way you like to prepare for them? I've only had one but I've got another coming up. I tended to ramble on my first one and talked way too much. It's okay, they picked out the important parts, but I'd like to be a little more prepared for this one.
Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

message 16: by Molly (new)

Molly Barrow (drmollybarrow) | 8 comments Join Dr. Molly Barrow at Barnes & Noble Ft. Lauderdale on March 27 2010 at 11:00 for her presentation and book signing of Malia & Teacup Awesome African Adventure for tweens and Malia & Teacup Out on a Limb for early readers. Both books have been selected for the Florida Sunshine State Young Readers Award nominees for 2010.

message 17: by Jo-Anne (new)

Jo-Anne Vandermeulen (ppromotionals) | 69 comments I have a guest blogger who I discovered. He's awesome without even knowing it. I like that!

Check out his post on my blog I just put up tonight at:

Social Media – How to Efficiently Plan Your Time « JO-ANNE VANDERMEULEN “Conquer All Obstacles” http://bit.ly/cLYJ83

message 18: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 44 comments Jo-Anne, Hi, I'm not really familiar with the whole blogging thing but could you tell me a little more about this "guest blogger"?
Thanks!

message 19: by Jo-Anne (new)

Jo-Anne Vandermeulen (ppromotionals) | 69 comments Sure...this guest blogger's name is Colin Welch.

COLIN WELCH is the Training Manager at Silicon Beach Training in Brighton. (http://www.siliconbeachtraining.co.uk/)

To read more guest blogger posts, feel free to browse my personal site, *Conquer All Obstacles* at: http://www.joconquerobstacles.com

message 20: by Shalontel (new)

Shalontel | 22 comments Congrats P.Q.! That is amazing!

message 21: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 44 comments Thanks Shalontel!! I'll be sure and post a copy of it on my blog on gr.

Thanks Jo-Anne, I'll check it out!!

message 22: by Urenna (new)

Urenna Sander | 25 comments Welcome Shalontel!

Regards,

Urenna

message 23: by Shalontel (new)

Shalontel | 22 comments Thanks Urenna.

message 24: by Shalontel (new)

Shalontel | 22 comments Thanks Urenna!

message 25: by Shalonda (new)

Shalonda Williams-McClendon (shalondatreasurewilliams) | 36 comments Shalontel wrote: "Hello All!
I am so excited to join! I am author and I am happy to know there is a place I can chat with readers and authors. Just to give info on myself, my book, "No One in New Orleans Will Die..."

Welcome Shalontel! And Congrats on the book!

message 26: by Shalontel (new)

Shalontel | 22 comments Thanks Shalonda! I will keep you all posted on release and events.

message 27: by Shalonda (new)

Shalonda Williams-McClendon (shalondatreasurewilliams) | 36 comments P.Q. wrote: "I got a call last night from the editor at Effingham Magazine who wants to interview me next Monday about my book! It is a local Magazine that is distributed around Savannah and the surrounding are..."

When I saw Effingham I had to take a closer look at your profile. I'm from Savannah too! Born at Meomorial Medical Center July 11th 1981. Hello to you P.Q.

message 28: by Shalonda (new)

Shalonda Williams-McClendon (shalondatreasurewilliams) | 36 comments I am so happy that everyone decided to participate. Great! If anybody here is on facebook please look for me and please join my group Motivation For Today! And I hoe that some of you will be able to listen in to the radio show on the 29th and/or call in for the live teleseminar on the 2nd. I am so excited!

message 29: by Shalontel (new)

Shalontel | 22 comments can you post a facebook link to join? thanks

message 30: by Shalontel (new)

Shalontel | 22 comments also how can we access the live radio/ teleseminar?

message 31: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 44 comments Shalonda wrote: "P.Q. wrote: "I got a call last night from the editor at Effingham Magazine who wants to interview me next Monday about my book! It is a local Magazine that is distributed around Savannah and the su..."

Hey Shalonda, I was born at Candler Telfair Hospital (the one with the giant oak tree)1959. I know, I'm an old lady. Anyway, you should check out my book and by the way, I am trying to get a book signing lined up at one of the branches of the library. Do you think your mom can put in a good word? Thanks!!

message 32: by Juliet (new)

Juliet Wilson (julietwilson) | 12 comments My poetry chapbook 'Unthinkable Skies' is due out on Monday from Calder Wood press (www.calderwoodpress.co.uk). On Friday I'm taking part in the thiscollection film and poetry extravaganza in Edinburgh (http://www.readthismagazine.co.uk/one...).

message 33: by Urenna (new)

Urenna Sander | 25 comments I read the blog by Jo-Anne's guest blogger, Colin Welch. It's great information. I suggest you read it.

Regards,

Urenna

message 34: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 44 comments Okay, I'll check it out, thanks!!

message 35: by M. (new)

M. Pax (mpax) | 33 comments Nanette wrote: Hi Mary,

may I send you a message?

nanette"

Yes, you may, Nanette. Here or you can send me a direct message through my website at www.mpaxauthor.com

Hello Shalonda. This was a good idea. :)

message 36: by K.G. (new)

K.G. Cummings (kgcummings) | 143 comments Hello, I'm going to be at the Brevard Authors Book Fair in Cocoa, Florida this coming Saturday. If you are in the area, stop by to say hello! Kathy

kgcummings
27 Mar 2010
10:00 AM
Brevard Authors Book Fair
308 Forrest Avenue, Cocoa, FL 32922

Http://www.kgcummings.com

message 37: by Jo-Anne (new)

Jo-Anne Vandermeulen (ppromotionals) | 69 comments Good luck, Kathy. I'll send some positive-vibes your way...:).

Jo
>Waves from Courtenay, BC<

message 38: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Enuton (gooberella) | 56 comments Hi everyone,

I just made a page on Facebook for my book, Angel in a Fur Coat. I'd love to have your company.

http://bit.ly/FurAngelFBpage

message 39: by K.G. (new)

K.G. Cummings (kgcummings) | 143 comments Jo-Anne wrote: "Good luck, Kathy. I'll send some positive-vibes your way...:).

Jo
>Waves from Courtenay, BC<"

Thank you so much Jo. When is your next BTR broadcast? I enjoyed the ones I listened to a while back. Life got in the way and I've been out of the loop for a while!
~~Waves back from Satellite Beach, FL~~

message 40: by Frances (new)

Frances (mothindarkness) My interview is up at http://loveromancesandmore.blogspot.com

I've got one more stop on the tour before the drawing for the free copy, if anyone wants to leave a comment and try for the win. ;-)

thanks guys,

Frances

message 41: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 44 comments Okay Frances I did it. It took me two hours but I set up my own blog. Now, how do I get to be one of the guest bloggers on this loveromanceandmore thingy?

message 42: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Enuton (gooberella) | 56 comments well lets see the blog :)
give us a link

message 43: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 44 comments hersanctuarybypqglisson
I don't know, do you include the blog.com at the end or does it just know?
I wanted just hersanctuary but it was taken so I had to add to it. I hope it's no too long. Should I have gone a different way? I'm such a doofus about these things. Would love your feedback after you peruse the site.

message 44: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Enuton (gooberella) | 56 comments I couldn't pull it up, you need to provide more info.
This is mine:
www.Gooberella.blogspot.com

Pull up your blog and then copy and paste the web address from your url bar up top.

message 45: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 44 comments okay, maybe it's www.hersanctuarybypqglisson.blogspot.com
Oh please let that be it.

message 46: by Frances (new)

Frances (mothindarkness) Yes, you definately need to put in the whole address, including the blog.com and the http://
Just view your blog and then copy and paste the address that shows up in your browser window.

As for getting onto certain blogs, each seems to have it's own protocol for guest scheduling.
Your best bet is to contact the blog owner, to network with other bloggers and groups like this, and to comment and chat with other authors.
Ive not only made good contacts that way, but I've met some fantastic people, amazing authors and good friends along the way.

Best of Luck!

Frances

message 48: by Cynthia (last edited Mar 23, 2010 12:19PM) (new)

message 49: by P.Q. (new)

P.Q. Glisson | 44 comments whew!! Sure am glad that's over. Now you need to go look at it and tell me what you think.
It's a newborn so don't expect too much. lol

message 50: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Enuton (gooberella) | 56 comments Hey P.Q. Looks Great :)

« previous 1 3

Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Sex Club (other topics)
Nexus Point (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

L.J. Sellers (other topics)