DOCTOR WHO LOVERS! discussion

General Stuff > Introduce Yourself!!!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Naomi (last edited Mar 12, 2010 01:10AM) (new)

Naomi (NaomiFluffy) | 9 comments Mod
Say Hi! Hope you're having fun!

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim | 16 comments Hi!

message 3: by Naomi (new)

Hi Jim!! :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi!
I'm Sophia and I'm practically obsessed with Docotr Who!
Ha ha!
Nice to meet you!

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 16 comments Hi Sophia

message 6: by Jim (new)

Jim | 16 comments Well since it seems to be just us 3, let's learn about each other. I live in Northern California, work with kids, like to garden (vegetables, not flowers), fish, golf and love Sci Fi. What about you 2?

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman | 5 comments Hi, I just joined your group, as I am (moderately) a Dr Who Lover...I have always 'liked' The Doctor, since I first saw Tom Baker play the role, when my son was 8 years old (the kid turned me on to it!) I live in Southern California, Long Beach to be exact, even though my profile says Stanton (in the dreaded Orange County) Don't know how that happened.

I, too, love Sci-Fi, not books so much as films and TV. I am an Aquarian, which probably accounts for my having one foot in the future and the other in the past. I love the quote from Robert Louis Stevenson, "The world is so full of a number of things, I think we should all be as happy as kings." I'm happiest when I'm learning (something new)(but also building on something old, and/or building on someone else's.)

message 8: by Jim (new)

Jim | 16 comments Hi Carol - I think we met in another group - talked about Goedel, Escher and Bach. So far you and I are the only ones here who are aware that there was a Dr before Christoper Eccleston. I take it as my duty to open their minds to the pre CG days of the Dr.

message 9: by Carol (last edited Apr 09, 2010 08:08AM) (new)

Carol Neman | 5 comments Ha ha, that's funny. Hehehe, young minds to mold. (she says with a hand-washing motion) Seriously, it's all good...even though I noticed the other night how cheesy the Tom Baker episodes were compared to the latest David Tennant ones. The sound was different, more like it was being filmed in someone's bedroom, not on a sound stage. But then film and television have come a long way since then. My son informed me that there have been 5 Doctors since Tom Baker...gee, has it been that long? I missed most of the middle ones and only got interested again a couple of years ago when I saw a clip on YouTube of Catherine Tate in a skit with David Tennant.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxB1gB6K-2A -

message 10: by Jim (new)

Jim | 16 comments dailymotion.com has a lot of the old Dr Who episodes to watch for free online. Or you can get to them via this link http://www.dailymotion.com/playlists/...

message 11: by Jim (new)

Jim | 16 comments I also remembered that Netflix has a bunch of the new and classic series available either to stream or DVDs mailed.

message 12: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman | 5 comments Jim wrote: "I also remembered that Netflix has a bunch of the new and classic series available either to stream or DVDs mailed."

Did anyone see the first show of the new season Saturday, April 17th? I think it was on BBC1, and I not only don't have a television myself, but don't know anyone who gets that here. I usually watch TV at my son & DIl's house, but....I saw a trailer with a brief glimpse of the new Doctor, a really youngish looking lad. I think there might be some major changes also. I guess I'll just have to wait til it comes to streaming video. Sigh!

message 13: by Naomi (new)

I've seen it, and I thought at first 'this Dr won't be as good as David Tennant.' But then I changed my mind a little. He's quite funny, and the TARDIS has had a major make-over. It's all high-tech now. Apparently, there's a swimming pool inside the library, which is inside the TARDIS . . . somewhere... :)

message 14: by Carol (new)

Carol Neman | 5 comments Just thought I would check in to see if anyone is posting lately...come on now, show yourself!

message 15: by Naomi (new)

everyone seems to be disappearing...
did you see the latest episode? It was pretty good.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

The British/Dalek one? YES!!! OMG!!!!! They have had a make-over!!!!! SHOCK HORROR!!! I liked the old Daleks!!!! But the episode was pretty good. Though I really miss David Tennant's Doctor.... :P

message 17: by Jim (new)

Jim | 16 comments Carol wrote: "Just thought I would check in to see if anyone is posting lately...come on now, show yourself!"

Since this is "Introduce Yourself" and we all have we need some new topics

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

heyy im erin

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Erin!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

heyy sophia