Team Reading discussion

Just For Fun > JIMMY!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Philip, co-moderator-raider (last edited Mar 11, 2010 07:36PM) (new)

Philip (philiphabecker) | 391 comments Mod
Ok, so my parents were down at my sister's house in Georgia and they were looking at this book, Fear in Algeria. They read the back of the book and saw that the author taught at... get this... West Side Elementary School, Elkhart Indiana. The author lives in Goshen.

Crazy, huh?

Crazier still, I clicked on the book and put it on my, "to-read" list and when it comes up, there's a second author listed. That author's name is... James Converse.

So, I thought to myself... Converse isn't all THAT common of a last name. And to have more than one James Converse in this area... strange... and two separate generations... So Jimmy, here's the question: Are you related?

message 2: by Drew (new)

Drew Becker (majordew6) | 142 comments yeah jimmy r u?

message 3: by Philip, co-moderator-raider (new)

Philip (philiphabecker) | 391 comments Mod
Or, what if Jimmy is actually like... 100 years old, and he's written several books - and he's going back to school in order to research the book he's currently writing...

Is THAT the case Jimmy?

message 4: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy converse (nbj55) | 359 comments yes, my uncle's name is also james, but i don't know a thing about what he did.

message 5: by Drew (new)

Drew Becker (majordew6) | 142 comments thats pretty kool,and is it tes as in ur related,or yes as in 100 yaers old?

message 6: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy converse (nbj55) | 359 comments he died about 10 years before i was born

message 7: by Drew (new)

Drew Becker (majordew6) | 142 comments that sucks\

message 8: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy converse (nbj55) | 359 comments yes it does, i'm pretty sure he died of cancer, i just don't know what type

message 9: by Drew (new)

Drew Becker (majordew6) | 142 comments well i dont mean to sound rude but at least u didnt know him to miss himm,sorry
that sounded a lil mean

message 10: by Kelsey, moderator (new)

Kelsey | 700 comments Mod
duh why did you say it then

message 11: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy converse (nbj55) | 359 comments drew, that is right, and Kelsey, he said it say that i never experienced sadness because he never died.

message 12: by Jimmy (new)

Jimmy converse (nbj55) | 359 comments when i was alive

message 13: by Drew (new)

Drew Becker (majordew6) | 142 comments ya...
so in a way its a good thing u werent alive when he died

message 14: by Kelsey, moderator (new)

Kelsey | 700 comments Mod
ohhhhhh lol got you

message 15: by Drew (new)

Drew Becker (majordew6) | 142 comments mhm...