The Next Best Book Club discussion

Book Related Banter > Best Memoir / Travel Essay

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Hi everyone! Recently I've gotten really into non-fiction works (probably because I graduated college and have had few opportunities for mental stimulation since). I'm reading The Glass Castle right now (a memoir) and I absolutely love the story. I also read Paula by Isabel Allende a few weeks ago and loved that too. Travel essays are another genre I'm really getting into. My suggestion on that one is The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner.
So, I want to hear all your favorites and what books you suggest!

message 2: by F1Wild (new)

F1Wild I loved, loved, loved Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman's Long Way Round: Chasing Shadows Across the World (and the UK TV series companion) about heir motorcycle trip from London east - especially the sections when they were in Asia. They also did a Long Way Down one, but haven't read or seen that one yet.

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10087 comments Mod
Jacky, are you asking for recommendations? If you are, the recommendations thread would be a better place to store this thread.

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Well, I thought we could discuss these books as well. Sorry, I just joined the group and didn't see the recommendation thread. I thought this could fit under 'general book related banter'.