Strong Heroines Book Club discussion

Complain, Whine, and Moan Here

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 20 comments Mod
This is where you can complain about all those terrible Damsels In Distress sitting in their cold dungeouns (or however you spell it) wasting away and being losers.

Examples:
Bella from Twilight
The Mortal Insturments (so I've heard)

I'm really hyper right now so I can't think of many, but I know you can.

message 2: by Casey (new)

Casey BELLA. (Twilight
(You already said it, but I think it needs to be stated more than once.)

Rita (The Eye The Ear The Arm)

message 3: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 20 comments Mod
I haven't read that. What's it like?

message 4: by Casey (new)

Casey The worst book I've ever read.

message 5: by Randi (new)

I'll take your word for it.

message 6: by Casey (new)

Casey *nods*
Rita wasn't really the main character. Well, she was one of them, but not the main one. She was useless and did nothing.

message 7: by Randi (new)

ANd it seems all females in Young Adult these days are damsels in distress. It's really annoying. NOt to mentnio almost every other book is about vampires.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 6 comments Sleeping Beauty. Snow White. The definition of damsels in distress.

message 9: by Casey (new)

Casey Guitar Chick-Headbanger wrote: "ANd it seems all females in Young Adult these days are damsels in distress. It's really annoying. NOt to mentnio almost every other book is about vampires."

Not all the females in YA.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 6 comments A lot of females in YA that I've read seem really strong, although it could just be that I've been having good luck in what YA books I read.

message 11: by Randi (new)

It seems all the ones I read rarely kick total butt. Very sad.

message 12: by Randi (new)

But I made this group to get recomendations, so maybe it's all about to end.

message 13: by Casey (last edited Mar 19, 2010 04:06AM) (new)

Casey In the Bartimaeus Trilogy theres Kitty.. (I mean this for strong females)

message 14: by Randi (new)

Ok. Ok. And ok. But just to keep us on topic, put it in recomendations. This is the whine place. Not to sound rude, but I don't want to have to change it and stuff. It gets annoying.

message 15: by Casey (new)

Casey Yeah, I know. I was going along with what Jillian said.

Olivia ^^The Awesome Mushroom^^ (canttaketheawesomeness) | 2 comments TWILIGHT SUCKS!!! WHY IS IT SO STUPID!?

message 18: by Casey (new)

Casey Because Stephenie Meyer is.

message 19: by Randi (new)

I heard the Host was a lot better than Twilight, so I might have to check it out.
I couldn't really decide on Aislinn from Wicked Lovely. She was strong but not.