Strong Heroines Book Club discussion

Your Book Recomendations

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 20 comments Mod
This is where you can share books that have strong girls in them and get other picks too. Have fun

-Guitar Chick

Mine are:

Kiki Strike Series
Maximum Ride (sort of. Some parts)
Catherine. Called Birdy (again sort of)
My novels hopefully.

It is a short list sadly. But we'll get there.

message 2: by Casey (new)

Casey Hunger Games (Katniss)
Series Of Unfortunate Events (Violet and Sunny)
Artemis Fowl (Holly)

message 3: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 20 comments Mod
Wait, wasn't hunger games non strong female chracter? I might be confused, therews a lot out there.

message 4: by Casey (new)

Casey *shrugs*
I thought she was strong. One things for sure, she isn't weak.

message 5: by Randi (new)

ok. Just not sure

message 6: by Randi (new)

Ok Cool. And HI! I'm glad someone I didn't invite joined. It's nice to meet you Jillian.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 6 comments For anyone who's into older books, there's Rebecca, mainly for the title character and for Mrs. Danvers, but also the new Mrs. De Winter to some extent.

There's also the Gone series, with Astrid and Diana both being very strong female characters, although Diana isn't exactly a good person. XD

Then there's the Harry Potter series, with Hermione.

The Percy Jackson and the Olympian series with Annabeth and Thalia.

And I second Jane Eyre and THe Hunger Games.

message 8: by Casey (last edited Mar 13, 2010 10:59AM) (new)

Casey The Wicked series(not the series from the play, this is different) has pretty strong female leads, Holly, Nicole, and Amanda. But I don't like Holly... Shes too obsessed with Jared, but she doesn't rely on him like Bella does with Edward. Heck, she saves him.

message 9: by Randi (new)

Lol, I almost got Rebecca today. Isn't it weird how Stephanie Meyer says Jane Eyre was an inspiration to the first book and then bella has to go and be stupid.

message 10: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendygunn) | 3 comments Full Frontal Feminism: A Young Woman's Guide to Why Feminism Matters
Full Frontal is written by the fantastic Elizabeth who runs feministing.com

:)

message 11: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendygunn) | 3 comments I capture the castle by Dodie Smith for Cassandra

message 12: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendygunn) | 3 comments Also,
Rhapsody: Child of Blood
There are 6 books in all to this, but 1-3 are so great.

message 13: by Randi (new)

I think Gemma Doyle in A Great And Terrible Beauty is very much qulaified.

message 14: by Hope (new)

Hope (amkc) | 3 comments Katniss is one of my favorite heroins i just searched " strong heroins" cuz i wanted to read about heroins like her
thanx for the recommendations

message 15: by Hope (new)

Hope (amkc) | 3 comments ah i forgot i nominate " the wildwater walking club "
really great book
and " fat cat "

message 16: by Hope (new)

Hope (amkc) | 3 comments Jillian -always aspiring- wrote: "Glad to join. ^_^ (I actually heard found out about this group thanks to Rachel, though.)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "For anyone who's into older books, there's Rebecca, mainly for the ..."

cassie in the secret circle is weak in the novels but in the TV show is really strong and i like her
and Elina is cool but wasn't as strong as i wished for

message 17: by Livey (new)

Livey | 1 comments I am reading a series by Connie Suttle. The first book I encounter was on Audible.com. Now I am on Book 7 of the Blood Destiny series called Blood Rebellion. This character was turned into a vampire on the day her husband dies at age 46. She thrives, and is kicking butt in all the books. Just loving this heroine!