Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Gena Showalter

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyjade) | 72 comments Okay I've been reading her Lords of the Underworld series (I'm on the Darkest Whisper now) and I like em alot (aka I'm hooked!). But I noticed she has some other series listed on her website, and I'm wondering, are they as good or should I just stick with the LOTU? Anybody read any of the Atlantis or Alien Huntress series?

message 2: by twinfish2 (new)

twinfish2 | 84 comments I love the lords of the underworld also, and I also love Playing with Fire and Twice as Hot. These two books have the same couple in both. I did not like the alien huntress series, thought it was boring and it is more erotic than romance for me. The atlantis series, well i read the one about the woman searching for her brother, sorry I can't remember the name and I thought it was ok not great. Now THE NYMPH KING is the one to stay away from. It is laughable and not in a good way, I actually threw this one away and I have never done that with a book before. I could not believe a book of this low quality was actually published.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Well, I'm going to second Cindy on both of her thumbs down. Neither is really all that good, altho I suppose that if you are at the beach and want a story you don't have to pay attention to and that won't distract you from that all important job of counting grains of sand. . .

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 243 comments Loved the Lords of the Underworld series. I think I read The Nymph King and didn't like it. I have either 2 or 3 more in her other series but now am reluctant to read them.

message 5: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyjade) | 72 comments Well thanks for the advice guys!! I hate starting something and hating it. I read the descriptions for the first of those two series and they didn't sound all that great... Figure I'd get some opinions first! Cuz sometimes the descriptions don't do them justice. Appreciate it!

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindyjade) | 72 comments Twinfish, I am gonna check out the other two u liked tho so thanks for that too!

message 7: by Shirla (new)

Shirla Ghadaki (sjghadaki) | 21 comments I like a couple of this author's books but can't seem to get into all of them.

♥Lynn ♥  | 519 comments I just finished her book Animal Instincts and loved it. It is stand alone romance book. I think it was one of her best. I laughed and almost woke up my kids. I loved it!

message 9: by Catherine (new)

Catherine The Vampire's Bride (part of the Atlantis series) was the first book I read by her. I thought it was great. I then moved on to the Lords of the Underworld and loved them. I tried to read the rest of the Atlantis series but didn't really like them. I hated the Nymph King and was meh about Heart of the Dragon. I haven't got around to the Jewel of Atlantis one.

I stumbled on Savor Me Slowly (Alien Huntress #4) and loved that book. Then I tried Seduce the darkness (#5) and liked it but not as much as Savor Me Slowly.

I read both of the Tales of an Extraordinary Girl (Playing With Fire and Twice As Hot) but had a really hard time getting into them at first. I think it was because they were written in 1st person. I kept trying though and ended up really enjoying them. I liked Twice As Hot more because I felt Belle really grew as a person.

(Sorry this was so long)

message 10: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) | 697 comments I actually really like her Alien Huntress series. I find them fun and little different from other PNR. The Atlantis series is ok. Vampire's Bride was probably my least favorite of that series. I think because I did not like the "Survivor" storyline. My favorite is probably the Nymph King, which everyone else that has commented here seems to hate. To each her own, I guess!

message 11: by Aurora (new)

Aurora  (lionessroar) | 1 comments Tales of an extraordinary girl was a great series! Everyone should read it. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Animal Instincts (other topics)