Challenge Overload (PNR and UF Edition) discussion

Member Challenges > Ashley's Challenges

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:25PM) (new)

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 50 comments Mod
Personal March Challenge:
PNR/Fantasy Challenge (modeled after March Paranormal Romance Challege but altered to fit my own TBR pile)

5/10 Not bad for being sick in the middle of the month and having to read Dracula which was a very slow read...

3 Stand Alone Novels:
Dracula 3/13/10 ***
The Princess Bride 3/14/10 ****
Lord of the Flies 3/21/10 ***

3 Books started, then set aside and not finished:
On a Pale Horse, Incarnation of Immortality 3/25/10
The Eye of the World, The Wheel of Time 3/31/10

COULDN'T FINISH:
A Spell for Chameleon, Xanth

3 Finish Triliogies (combo series ok)
Inkdeath, Inkheart #3
Lasher, Lives of the Mayfair Witches #2
Taltos, Lives of the Mayfair Witches #3

3rd Child/# 3 in Series
Girls in Pants: Third Summer of the Sisterhood

READ:
Dracula by Bram Stoker The Princess Bride  by William Goldman Lord of the Flies (Penguin Great Books of the 20th Century) by William Golding On a Pale Horse (Incarnations of Immortality, #1) by Piers Anthony The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1) by Robert Jordan

Couldn't Finish
A Spell for Chameleon (Xanth, #1) by Piers Anthony Lasher (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #2) by Anne Rice Taltos (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #3) by Anne Rice Girls in Pants The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants, #3) by Ann Brashares

message 2: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:27PM) (new)

March Challenge:
PNR Serial April Challenge. Read 10 books from series!

6/10 Done!

1. Undead and Unwed (Unwed #1)
2. Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #1)
3. Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter #1)
4. The Color of Magic (Discworld #1)
5. Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires #1)
6. City of Bones (Mortal Instruments #1)
7. Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1)
8. Storm Front (The Dresden Files #1)
9. Dark Prince (Dark Series, Carpathians #1)
10. The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)

Read:
Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher Dark Prince (Carpathians, #1) by Christine Feehan City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter

Currently Reading:
Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #0.5 Prequel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

To Read:
The Color of Magic (Discworld, #1) by Terry Pratchett Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine

message 4: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Sep 16, 2010 04:18PM) (new)

Purchased within the last several years and not read yet:

Kushiel's Dart (Kushiel's Legacy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley Girls in Pants The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants, #3) by Ann Brashares A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray The Client (Penguin Readers, Level 4) by John Grisham The Bourne Identity (Jason Bourne, #1) by Robert Ludlum Blindness by José Saramago Helter Skelter The True Story of the Manson Murders by Vincent Bugliosi The Freedom Writers Diary How a Teacher and 150 Teens Used Writing to Change Themselves and the World Around Them by Erin Gruwell The Bell Jar (P.S.) by Sylvia Plath I Never Promised You a Rose Garden by Joanne Greenberg Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger Bitch In Praise of Difficult Women by Elizabeth Wurtzel The Reader by Bernhard Schlink Life of Pi by Yann Martel One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez The Complete Novels (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition) by Jane Austen Survival in Auschwitz by Primo Levi Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak A Wrinkle in Time (Time, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle A Wind in the Door (Time, #2) by Madeleine L'Engle Many Waters (Time, Book 4) by Madeleine L'Engle A Swiftly Tilting Planet (Time, Book 3) by Madeleine L'Engle

message 6: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jun 16, 2011 02:14PM) (new)

Currently Reading:
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 7: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jul 14, 2011 03:59PM) (new)

Whoop whoop HALFWAY!! 6/10 Done!!!

Too Big To Ignore Anymore

1. The Witching Hour 1043 pages 2/21/10
2. The Princess Bride 456 pages 3/15/10
3. Outlander 853 pages 9/16/10
4. The Mists of Avalon 876 pages
5. Wizard's First Rule 848 pages
6. A Game of Thrones 835 pages April 13th, 2011
7. Kushiel's Dart 1015 pages
8. The Eye of the World 814 pages 3/31/10
9. Gone With the Wind 1472 pages May 26,11
10. Lonesome Dove 945 pages

Read:
The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1) by Anne Rice The Princess Bride S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure by William Goldman The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1) by Robert Jordan Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

To Read:
The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1) by Marion Zimmer Bradley Kushiel's Dart (Kushiel's Legacy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry

message 8: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jul 14, 2011 04:03PM) (new)

SERIAL KILLER READER CHALLENGE

1) Jack the Page Ripper (15 books):
5 From Black Dagger Brotherhood
Dark Lover Feb 27, 2010
Lover Eternal May 19th, 2010
Lover Awakened August 16th, 2010
Lover Revealed January 7, 2011
Lover Unbound
Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward

4 from Fever Series
Darkfever June 10th, 2010
Bloodfever August 28th, 2010
Faefever August 30th, 2010
Dreamfever September 2nd, 2010
Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning

3 from Vampire Academy
Vampire Academy May 8th, 2010
Frostbite May 23rd, 2010
Shadow Kiss
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead

2 from Wolves of Mercy Falls
Shiver February 13th, 2010
Linger August 18th, 2010
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater

1 from Morganville Vampires
Glass Houses May 5th, 2010
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine

2) Una-book-bomber (5 books):

chick-lit: Undead and Unwed April 1, 2010
Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson
romance: Dark Prince April 23rd, 2010
Dark Prince (Carpathians, #1) by Christine Feehan
mystery: Shakespeare's Landlord June 16, 2010
Shakespeare's Landlord (A Lily Bard Mystery, #1) by Charlaine Harris
pnr/urban-fantasy/fantasy/sci-fi:Dead in the Family May 14th, 2010
Dead in the Family  by Charlaine Harris
young adult: City of Bones April 24, 2010
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare

3) Spree Series Killer (1+ book):
Halfway to the Grave 6/22/11
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

or
Dead Witch Walking 1/12/11
Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison

4) Author-ican Psycho (1 book)
The Laughing Corpse 3/26/11
The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton

5) Dr. Hannibal Lecturer (1 book):
Succubus Blues September 25, 2010
Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead

6) The Book Strangler Dark Hunter Series (5 books):
Fantasy Lover May 4th, 2010
Night Pleasures May 10th, 2010
Night Embrace May 28th, 2010
Dance With the Devil May 31st, 2010
Kiss of the Nigh September, 18, 2010
Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #0.5 Prequel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Dance With The Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

7) 3rd Degree (3 books)The Mayfair Witches:
The Witching Hour February 22nd, 2010
Lasher
Taltos
The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1) by Anne Rice Lasher (Lives of the Mayfair Witches #2) by Anne Rice Taltos (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #3) by Anne Rice

BONUS: Bloody Mary (1 book):
Moon Called April 14, 2010
Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs

message 9: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:27PM) (new)

RRR April Monthly Challenge:

5/10

1. Read a book title starts with"A":A Great and Terrible Beauty
2. Pick a book of the shelf of an April Bday Celebrant (from Sarah):
3. Iowa?? TBD
4. Flower in title or on cover: Undead and Unwed
5. Earth Day Reuse book you didn't get to in previous challenge: Dead Witch Walking
6. Character that is in the Arts: City Of Bones
7. Has an average of 4 Stars on Goodreads: Moon Called
8. Read a Fantasy Romance: Kushiel's Dart
9. W/in first 10 pages of Goodreads Romance: Fantasy Lover IN PROGRESS
10. Readers Choice: Dark Prince

Read:
Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) by MaryJanice DavidsonStorm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim ButcherCity of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra ClareDark Prince (Carpathians, #1) by Christine FeehanMoon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs

Currently Reading:
Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #0.5 Prequel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

To Read:
A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba BrayDead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #1) by Kim HarrisonKushiel's Dart (Kushiel's Legacy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey

message 10: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Nov 03, 2010 02:32PM) (new)

message 12: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:28PM) (new)

PNR Cover Challenge
Read 10/10

Single Male on Cover:
1. Changed BACK to Hush, Hush ** 5/20/10
Underdeveloped story, uninspired world with little to no development, boring characters and a stupid main character. Little to no redeeming qualities...ick.
2. Changed to:Fantasy Lover 5/4/2010 **** Really Enjoyed!!
3. Changed to: Night Embrace 5/28/10 ****
This series is turning out to be very entertaining. The world is interesting, the characters are fun...it's light and easy to get through with just the right amount of cheese. :)
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2) (Were-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #0.5 Prequel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Single Female on Cover:
1. Changed to: Glass Houses 5/5/2010 ***
Glass houses was ok. It was an interesting after reading so many "vampires are dangerous, but sexy and the best lovers" type books, it was different getting used to the "vampires are bad guys" type. But I did enjoy it and will probably read the rest of the series at some point.
2. Changed to Meridian **** 5/23/10 Really good. Interesting story and world. Can't wait for the forthcoming sequel.
3. Changed to: Vampire Academy 5/7/10 ****
I really enjoyed Vampire Academy. I had to DL the kindle sample of book 2 to tide me over from getting it at the library later in the month! I enjoy flawed heroes, and Rose has the shimmering beginnings of one!!
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine Meridian (Fenestra, #1) by Amber Kizer Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead

Couple on Cover:
1. Dead in the Family 5/14/10 ***
Though not my favorite book, I still enjoyed it. It felt like an "in-betweener" book...
2. Lover Eternal **** 5/19/10 This series just gets better and better! I love these books! Review is up...
Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward

No people on Cover:
1. Changed to: The Book Thief
This book was haunting and exquisitely written. It will forever be a part of me, and is in the top three books I've ever read in my life.
2. Changed to: Night Pleasures 5/10/10 ***
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Also Read:
Push by Sapphire

message 13: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:28PM) (new)

5/5 Done!! FINISHED!!!

1. May: Meridian 5/23/10 ****
Really good. Interesting story and world. Can't wait for the forthcoming sequel.

2. Birthday: Real Murders (Briansgirl)5/24/10
**** Very enjoyable introduction to series. I liked it better than the first book of Harper Connelly but not as much as Sookie.

3. Washington State: Frostbite 5/23/10 ****
I am really enjoying this series! So glad there are YA authors out there who know how to do this right.

Changed to:
6. 1,000 Ratings: Vampire Academy 5/7/10 ****

10. Reader's Choice: Dance with the Devil 5/30/10 ****
Very good. I especially love stories where the main character needs to be taught to love...sad and rewarding at the end.

Read:
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead Meridian (Fenestra, #1) by Amber Kizer Real Murders (An Aurora Teagarden Mystery, #1) by Charlaine Harris Dance With The Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 14: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:34PM) (new)

It’s Just A Game Challenge
Duration: June 1, 2010 to August 31, 2010

6/12 Complete!

Monopoly: How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire

Clue: The Rest Falls Away

Chess: Wizard's First Rule

Candyland: Chocolat

Twister (I'm gonna try one of every color!): Halfway to the Grave; Succubus Blues; Shakespeare's Landlord; Bloodfever

Operation: My Sister's Keeper

Scene It!: My Horizontal Life

Girl Talk: Linger

Mahjongg: The Joy Luck Club

Risk: Gone with the Wind

Bonus 1; Ouiji (Read a book that involves seeing or communicating with the Dead.)
Grave Surprise

Bonus 2; Battle of the Sexes (Read a romance where the characters clash; then fall in love):
Beauty: A Retelling of Beauty and the Beast

READ:
Grave Surprise (Harper Connelly, #2) by Charlaine Harris Shakespeare's Landlord (A Lily Bard Mystery, #1) by Charlaine Harris Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater My Horizontal Life A Collection of One-Night Stands by Chelsea Handler Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning

CURRENTLY READING:

To READ:
The Rest Falls Away (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Colleen Gleason Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell Beauty A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin McKinley

Don't Currently Own; Long Holds:
How To Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks Chocolat by Joanne Harris The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

message 15: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 07, 2011 10:33AM) (new)

Create Your Own Challenge
Title: TBR and Classics Be READ
August 16th, 2010-August 16th, 2011

Read 10 Books that have sat on your shelves for more than 6 months
1. Kushiel's Dart
2. Wizard's First Rule August 27th, 2010
3. A Game of Thrones
4. Life of Pi
5. Revolutionary Road
6. The Freedom Writers Diary
7. Helter Skelter
8. The Hiding Place
9. The Tale of the Body Thief
10. The Sun Also Rises
Kushiel's Dart (Kushiel's Legacy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin Life of Pi by Yann Martel Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates The Freedom Writers Diary by Erin Gruwell Helter Skelter The True Story of the Manson Murders by Vincent Bugliosi The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom The Tale of the Body Thief (The Vampire Chronicles, #4) by Anne Rice The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway

Read 9 Classics
1. Wuthering Heights
2. Gone with the Wind
3. Sense and Sensibility
4. The Great Gatsby
5. The Short Stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. The Satanic Verses
7. Little Women
8. Pride and Prejudice
9. Emma
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald The Short Stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald A New Collection by F. Scott Fitzgerald The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie Little Women by Louisa May Alcott Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Emma  by Jane Austen

Read 8 Books I started but never finished
1. The Mists of Avalon
2. One Hundred Years of Solitude
3. An Interrupted Life: The Diaries and Letters of Etty Hillesum
4. Written on the Body
5. The Reader
6. The Bell Jar
7. A Wrinkle in Time
8. A Great and Terrible Beauty
The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez An Interrupted Life The Diaries, 1941-1943; and Letters from Westerbork by Etty Hillesum Written on the Body by Jeanette Winterson The Reader by Bernhard Schlink The Bell Jar (P.S.) by Sylvia Plath A Wrinkle in Time (Time, #1) by Madeleine L'Engle A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray

Read 7 Books in YA or Fantasy
1. Over Sea, Under Stone
2. The Hero and the Crown
3. The Summer Before
4. The Dark is Rising
5. The Many Colored Land
6. Sabriel
7. The Great Hunt
Over Sea, Under Stone (Dark Is Rising, #1) by Susan Cooper The Hero and the Crown (Damar, #2) by Robin McKinley The Summer Before (Babysitters Club) by Ann M. Martin The Dark Is Rising (Dark is Rising, #2) by Susan Cooper The Many-Coloured Land (Saga of Pliocene Exile, #1) by Julian May Sabriel (The Abhorsen Trilogy, #1) by Garth Nix The Great Hunt (Wheel of Time, #2) by Robert Jordan

Read 6 Books that were recommended by a friend
1. My Sister's Keeper
2. A Spell for Chameleon
3. Lord Foul's Bane
4. Split Infinity
5. My Horizontal Life Aug 16, 2010
6. Possession
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult A Spell for Chameleon (Xanth, #1) by Piers Anthony Lord Foul's Bane (The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, #1) by Stephen R. Donaldson Split Infinity (Apprentice Adept, #1) by Piers Anthony My Horizontal Life A Collection of One-Night Stands by Chelsea Handler Possession by A.S. Byatt

Read 5 Books from Series you haven't finished yet
1. Inkdeath
2. The Third Summer of the Sisterhood
3. Forever in Blue
4. Lasher
5. Taltos
Inkdeath (Inkheart, #3) by Cornelia Funke Girls in Pants The Third Summer of the Sisterhood (The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants, #3) by Ann Brashares Forever in Blue The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #4) by Ann Brashares Lasher (Lives of the Mayfair Witches #2) by Anne Rice Taltos (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #3) by Anne Rice

Read 4 New Authors
1. Susanna Clark-Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell
2. Frank Herbert-Dune
3. Larissa Ione-Pleasure Unbound
4. Kathy Reichs-Deja Dead
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke Dune (Dune Chronicles, #1) by Frank Herbert Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Déjà Dead (Temperance Brennan, #1) by Kathy Reichs

Read a Trilogy
1. The Hunger Games October 19, 2010
2. Catching Fire December 28th,2010
3. Mockingjay December 31st, 2010
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins

Read 2 Stand Alone Novels
1. The Giver
2. A Little Princess
The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry A Little Princess The Story of Sara Crewe (Puffin Classics) by Frances Hodgson Burnett

Read 1 Complete Series
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #2) by C.S. Lewis Prince Caspian (Chronicles of Narnia, #4) by C.S. Lewis The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Chronicles of Narnia, #5) by C.S. Lewis The Silver Chair (Chronicles of Narnia, #6) by C.S. Lewis The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia, #3) by C.S. Lewis The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #1) by C.S. Lewis The Last Battle (Chronicles of Narnia, #7) by C.S. Lewis

message 16: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:30PM) (new)

RR Monthly June Challenge
1/10 Complete!

1. "J" for June: Jacob
2. Birthday: Outlander (FlibBityFLooB)
3. Geography: Gone With the Wind
4.Gemini Connection: Lover Awakened
5. Great Outdoors Month: In the Wilderness
6. Already Wed: Slightly Married
7. Repeat Day (June 3): Cassandra Clare: City of Ashes
8. Erotic Romance Genre: The Bounty
9. Of Lists and Shelves: Slave to Sensation
10. Reader's Choice: The Host

Read:
The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer

To Read:
Jacob (Nightwalkers, #1) by Jacquelyn Frank Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward In the Wilderness Coming of Age in Unknown Country by Kim Barnes Slightly Married by Mary Balogh City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare The Bounty (Malloy Family, #1) by Beth Williamson Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh

message 17: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:29PM) (new)

PNR Monthly June Challenge

Pick 10 Books off your friends "Read" Shelves
Challenge Unfinished ONLY 1/10 Complete!

1. Darkfever **** 1/10/10 Loved this first book! Am dying to read the next! (Nita)
2. Evermore (Esther)
3. Full Moon Rising (Jaime)
4. Halfway to the Grave (Sandy)
5. The Hunger Games (Bridgette)
6. Kiss of Midnight (Jenn)
7. The Laughing Corpse (Deborah)
8. Pleasure Unbound (Delicious Dee)
9. Succubus Blues (Kelley Anne)
10. Witch Fire (Abrown)

Read:
Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning

To Read:
Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead Witch Fire (Elemental Witches, #1) by Anya Bast

message 18: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:35PM) (new)

2010 A-Z Title Book Challenge:
19 Complete!

A: A Touch of Dead Feb 2010
B: The Book Thief May 9th, 2010
C: City of Bones April 24th, 2010
D: Dark Lover Feb 27th, 2010
E: The Eye of the World March 31st, 2010
F: Changed to Fantasy Lover May 5th, 2010
G: Guilty Pleasures Feb 19, 2010
H: The Host June 4th, 2010
I: Inkdeath
J: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell
K: Kushiel's Dart
L: The Lightning Thief Feb 25th, 2010
M: Changed to Moon Called April 14th, 2010
N: Neverwhere October 23, 2010
O: Changed to On a Pale Horse March 25th, 2010
P: Preludes and Nocturnes Feb 13, 2010
Q: The Quick and the Dead
R: Real Murders May 24th, 2010
S: Shiver Feb 13, 2010
T: Taltos
U: Undead and Unwed April 1st, 2010
V: Vampire Academy May 8th, 2010
W: The Witching Hour Feb 21st, 2010
X: Sex and the Single Vampire
Y: You Slay Me Feb 23rd, 2010
Z: World War Z

Read:
A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Preludes and Nocturnes (The Sandman, #1) by Neil Gaiman Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1) by Anne Rice You Slay Me (Aisling Grey Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister On a Pale Horse (Incarnations of Immortality, #1) by Piers Anthony The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1) by Robert Jordan Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #0.5 Prequel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Real Murders (An Aurora Teagarden Mystery, #1) by Charlaine Harris Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

To read:
Inkdeath (Inkheart, #3) by Cornelia Funke Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke Kushiel's Dart (Kushiel's Legacy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey The Quick and the Dead by Louis L'Amour Taltos (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #3) by Anne Rice Sex and the Single Vampire (Dark Ones, #2) by Katie MacAlister World War Z An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks

message 19: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (new)

I've decided I don't like skipping around in series anymore. I lose track of story lines and characters. After I finish Linger I want to try and stick to one series at a time.

message 20: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:31PM) (new)

Paranormal Romance September Reading Challenge
6/10 Complete!

1. My Books: Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
2. Groups: Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon
3. Good Reads Author: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
4. Recommended Book: The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley Recommendation from Dobarah
5. Quiz/Trivia: Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward
6. Listopia: The Hunger Games Found on the list Best Kick-Ass Fantasy Female Characters From YA and Childrens
7. Friends: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon; Was also the Highest Rated Average with 4.7
8. Book of the Month Read: Dr. Zhivago by Boris Pasternak Current read till September 15th from 1001 Books to Read Before You Die
9. Good Reads Shelves: Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning Last Book on Page 5
10. Challenges: Kiss of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon Currently Part of my Serial Killer Reader Challenge from Romance Readers Reading Challenges

READ:
Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Night Play (Dark-Hunter, #5) (Were-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Hero and the Crown (Damar, #2) by Robin McKinley Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

Didn't Get To:
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak

message 21: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 07, 2011 10:35AM) (new)

Serial Addict Challege
From S.O.S.
9/16-10-9/16/11
1/36 Complete

#1: Kelloggs is ranked as the most popular cereal company in the world (8 BOOKS)
K:athy Reichs, Deja Dead
E:vermore
L:over Unbound
L:ast Vampire, the
O:utlander 9/16/10
G:eorge R. R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
G:ena Showalter, The Darkest Kiss
S:uzanne Collins, The Hunger Games October 20th, 2010

2: 5 childhood favorites (15 BOOKS)
* Count Chocula: The Gardella Vampire Chronicles
1. The Rest Falls Away
2. Rises the Night
3. The Bleeding Dusk
4. When Twilight Burns
5. As Shadows Fade
* Froot Loops: Continuing Outlander Series
1. Dragonfly in Amber
2. Voyager
3. Drums of Autumn
4. The Fiery Cross
* Cap’n Crunch-Black Dagger Brotherhood
1. Lover Enshrined
2. Lover Avenged
3. Lover Mine
* Trix-Elemental Witches
1. Witch Fire
2. Witch Blood
* Lucky Charms-Books of Faerie
1. Lament

#3: High-Fiber cereals are good for you (1+ BOOKS)
Tairen Soul
1. Lord of the Fading Lands
2. Lady of Light and Shadows
3. King of Sword and Sky
4. Queen of Song and Souls
5. The Crown of Crystal Flame (TBP Oct 26, 2010)

#4: KIX tagline “Kid-Tested, Mother-Approved” (1+ BOOKS)
The Seven Kingdoms
1. Graceling
2. Fire
3. Bitterblue (TBP April 1, 2011)

#5: Rice Crispies tagline “Snap, Crackle, Pop” (1 BOOK)
Night Huntress World
1. First Drop of Crimson

#6: Oatmeal is best served HOT (1 BOOK)
Psy-Changeling
1. Slave to Sensation

#7: Cheerios - a decent bite when nothing tastier is available (1 BOOK)
Kushiel's Legacy
1. Kushiel's Dart

#8: LIFE (1 BOOK)
Wolves of Mercy Falls
1. Forever TBP July, 2011

#9: Wheaties tagline “The Breakfast of Champions” (1 BOOK)
Women of the Otherworld
1. Bitten

#10: Honey Smacks (1 BOOK)
Midnight Breed
1. Kiss of Midnight

Déjà Dead (Temperance Brennan, #1) by Kathy Reichs Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward The Last Vampire (The Last Vampire, #1) by Christopher Pike Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) by Gena Showalter The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins The Rest Falls Away (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Colleen Gleason Rises The Night (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #2) by Colleen Gleason The Bleeding Dusk (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #3) by Colleen Gleason When Twilight Burns (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #4) by Colleen Gleason As Shadows Fade (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #5) by Colleen Gleason Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2) by Diana Gabaldon Voyager (Outlander, #3) by Diana Gabaldon Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4) by Diana Gabaldon The Fiery Cross (Outlander, #5) by Diana Gabaldon Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6) by J.R. Ward Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward Witch Fire (Elemental Witches, #1) by Anya Bast Witch Blood (Elemental Witches, #2) by Anya Bast Lament The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Lord of the Fading Lands by C.L. Wilson Lady of Light and Shadows by CL Wilson King of Sword and Sky by C.L. Wilson Queen of Song and Souls by CL Wilson Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5) by C.L. Wilson Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms, #1) by Kristin Cashore Fire (The Seven Kingdoms, #2) by Kristin Cashore Bitterblue (The Seven Kingdoms, #3) by Kristin Cashore First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Kushiel's Dart (Kushiel's Legacy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey Forever by Judy Blume Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian

message 22: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:25PM) (new)

PNR Monthly Challenge Feb 10
10/10 First Challenge and FINISHED!!!

1. A Favorite Author: A Touch of Dead-Charlaine Harris ***
2. "New" Author: The Lightning Thief-Rick Riordan Changed here to Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater ****
3. Gave up on/Second Chance: Guilty Pleasures Laurell K. Hamilton **
4. A Good Reads Author: The Sandman Vol 1 Preludes and Nocturnes-Neil Gaiman ***
5. An Author born/died in the same year as you: The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams ***
6. An Author whose first or last name starts with A: The Witching Hour-Ann Rice ****
7. An Author whose first or last name starts with M: You Slay Me: Katie MacAlister ***
8. A Male Author: Storm Front Jim Butcher Changed to: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan **
9. A Female Author: Dark Lover JR Ward*****
10. More than one Author: Good Omens Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett ** or *** Parts were pretty funny, parts drug on. But I'm glad I read it.
READ:
A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton Preludes and Nocturnes (The Sandman, #1) by Neil Gaiman The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1) by Anne Rice You Slay Me (Aisling Grey Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Good Omens by Terry Pratchett

message 23: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:32PM) (new)

RRRC September Monthly Challenge
I'm in for 8 this time!
5/8 complete

1. Title "S": Succubus Blues
2. Birthday List (Jane): Outlander
3. Geography: Kiss of Midnight
6. Blue Collar: (Cop; Inspector Jane) Dreamfever
7. Library: Night Play
8. Classic Romance: Wuthering Heights
9. Agatha Christie Tribute: Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
10. Readers Choice: The Hero and the Crown

Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Night Play (Dark-Hunter, #5) (Were-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson The Hero and the Crown (Damar, #2) by Robin McKinley

message 24: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Nov 03, 2010 02:37PM) (new)

Returned to library and didn't read:

Belle A Retelling of "Beauty and the Beast" (Once Upon a Time) by Cameron Dokey Undead and Unemployed (Undead, #2) by MaryJanice Davidson Spirited A Retelling of "Beauty and the Beast" (Once Upon A Time) by Nancy Holder Chocolat by Joanne Harris The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan Slightly Married by Mary Balogh Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #7) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Library Books at Home

On hold at Library:

message 25: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:36PM) (new)

A-Z Male Character Challenge 2010
22/26 Complete

Acheron, Dance with the Devil
Bran, Moon Called
Christian McKelter, Bloodfever
Dimitri, Frostbite
Eric, Dead in the Family
Fezzik, The Princess Bride
Geryon, The Darkest Fire
Hans, The Book Thief
Ian, The Host
Jerricho Barrons, Darkfever
Kyrian, Night Pleasures
Lan, Eye of the World
Matthew, John, Lover Eternal
Nick Gautier, Night Embrace
O'Neil, Butch, Lover Revealed
Patch, Hush, Hush
Q
Richard Cypher, Wizards First Rule
Sam, Linger
Tolliver, Grave Surpise
U
V'lane, Faefever
Wulf, Kiss of the Night
X
Yury, Zhivago, Dr. Zhivago
Zadist, Lover Awakened

READ:
Dance With The Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris The Princess Bride  by William Goldman The Darkest Fire (Lords of the Underworld, #.5, Prequel) by Gena Showalter The Book Thief by Markus Zusak The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1) by Robert Jordan Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2) (Were-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Grave Surprise (Harper Connelly, #2) by Charlaine Harris Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

To Read:
Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak

message 26: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:36PM) (new)

A-Z Female Character Challenge 2010
20/26 Complete

Astrid, Dance with the Devil
Bella, Lover Awakened
Claire, Glass Houses
Dani, Faefever
Elizabeth (Betsy), Undead and Unwed
Fray, Clary, City of Bones
Grace, Shiver
Harper Connelly, Grave Surprise
Isabel, Linger
Jones, Precious, Push by Sapphire
Kahlan, Wizards First Rule
Lily Bard, Shakespeare's Landlord
MacKayla Lane, Darkfever
Nickie, A Secret Rage
O
Pam, Dead in the Family
Q
Rowena, Bloodfever
Sunshine, Night Embrace
Teagarden, Aurora, Real Murders
U
Vee, Hush, Hush
Wanda, The Host
X
Y
Z

Dance With The Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Grave Surprise (Harper Connelly, #2) by Charlaine Harris Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Push by Sapphire Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind Shakespeare's Landlord (A Lily Bard Mystery, #1) by Charlaine Harris Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning A Secret Rage by Charlaine Harris Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2) (Were-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Real Murders (An Aurora Teagarden Mystery, #1) by Charlaine Harris Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick The Host (The Host, #1) by Stephenie Meyer

message 27: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:38PM) (new)

A Lifetime of Books

3/14/10 to 3/14/2011 (changed date to actual start date)

80s
1983: Changed to On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony March 2010
1984: Bearing an Hourglass by Piers Anthony
1985: Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
1986: Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
1987: Beloved by Toni Morrison
1988: The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
1989: A Time to Kill by John Grisham
On a Pale Horse (Incarnations of Immortality, #1) by Piers Anthony Bearing an Hourglass (Incarnations of Immortality, #2) by Piers Anthony Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry Howl's Moving Castle (Castle, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones Beloved by Toni Morrison The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris A Time to Kill by John Grisham

90s
1990: Jurrassic Park by Michael Crichton
1991: American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
1992: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
1993: The Giver Lois Lowry
1994: Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind August 27th, 2010
1995: Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts
1996: A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
1997: Push by Saphire May 5, 2010
1998: I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb
1999: Chocolat by Joanne Harris
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2) by Diana Gabaldon The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin Push by Sapphire I Know This Much Is True  by Wally Lamb Chocolat by Joanne Harris

00s
2000: Storm Front by Jim Butcher April 14th, 2010
2001: Atonement by Ian McEwan
2002: Coraline by Neil Gaiman
2003: The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
2004: My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
2005: The Book Theif by Markus Zusak May 9th, 2010
2006: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalid Hosseini
2007: Marked P.C. Cast
2008: Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione
2009: If I Stay by Gayle Forman
2010: Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris May 14th, 2010
2011: TBA!!!
Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher Atonement by Ian McEwan Coraline by Neil Gaiman The City of Ember (Ember, #1) by Jeanne DuPrau My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult The Book Thief by Markus Zusak A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris

message 28: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:32PM) (new)

This list will likely change depending on what I can or can't finish in my September Challenges!

PNR October Monthly Challenge
1/10 Complete

Orange Lover Revealed or Dragonfly in Amber
Red Succubus on Top or Catching Fire
Brown City of Glass or Neverwhere
Green Blood Promise
Black The Hunger Games or Sabriel
Yellow The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo or Lonesome Dove
Purple Lord of the Fading Lands
Pink Shadow Kiss
Blue Lover Unbound or Mockinjay
Silver/Grey City of Ashes or Lady of Light and Shadows

To Read:
Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward or Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2) by Diana Gabaldon Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2) by Richelle Mead or Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare or Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins or Sabriel (The Abhorsen Trilogy, #1) by Garth Nix The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson or Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward or Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare or Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2) by C.L. Wilson

message 29: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 06, 2011 02:33PM) (new)

RRRC October Monthly Challenge
0/10 Read

Weird! I noticed after posting that I ended up with mostly Red or Black Covers...totally unintentional!

October Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper
Birthday (Kasia) Stray by Rachel Vincent
Geography North Carolina Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs
Teachers The Freedom Writers Diary by the Freedom Writers
Law and Order The Client by John Grisham
Halloween Witch Fire by Anya Bast
National Book Month Succubus on Top by Richelle Mead
Romantic Suspense Naked in Death by J.D. Robb
Teen Read Beauty: A Retelling of the story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin McKinley
Readers Choice The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason

TO READ:
Over Sea, Under Stone (Dark Is Rising, #1) by Susan Cooper Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Déjà Dead (Temperance Brennan, #1) by Kathy Reichs The Freedom Writers Diary by Erin Gruwell The Client by John Grisham Witch Fire (Elemental Witches, #1) by Anya Bast Succubus on Top (Georgina Kincaid, #2) by Richelle Mead Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb Beauty A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin McKinley The Rest Falls Away (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1) by Colleen Gleason

message 30: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Jan 05, 2011 01:23PM) (new)

PNR January Monthly Challenge

0/10

1. vampires: Lover Revealed Currently Reading

2. werewolves: Bitten

3. shifters: Blood Bound

4. gods/goddesses/immortals: The Sea of Monsters

5. demons/angels: Fire Me Up

6. witches/warlocks/sorcerers/mages: Fool Moon

7. fae/fairies: Lament

8. aliens/space cowboys/space adventurers/space mercenaries: Ender's Game

9. psychics/ghosts/humans with paranormal abilities: A Great and Terrible Beauty

10. hunters/warriors/slayers/guardians: The Laughing Corpse

11. Personal Bonus/Zombies: World War Z

Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey Guardian, #2) by Katie MacAlister Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2) by Jim Butcher Lament The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1) by Orson Scott Card A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton World War Z An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks

message 40: by Ashley, MsKittyFantastico (last edited Feb 10, 2012 01:35PM) (new)

RRRC January Challenge:

0/10

1. January:Jacob

2. Birthday: From Melinda's List Lord of the Fading Lands

3. Geography: Eternal

4. New Year: Dead Witch Walking

5. Beginnings: Kiss of Midnight

6. Appreciate your Dragon Day: Light My Fire

7. National Take Back Your Time Week: Bearing an Hourglass

8. Rose Parade: Evermore

9. January Weather: Full Moon Rising

10. Reader's Choice: Reserved for continuing whichever series I like best! :)

Jacob (Nightwalkers, #1) by Jacquelyn Frank Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson Eternal (Clare Point, #1) by V.K. Forrest Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Light My Fire (Aisling Grey Guardian, #3) by Katie MacAlister Bearing An Hourglass (Incarnations of Immortality, #2) by Piers Anthony Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5) by Ilona Andrews