Island of the Blue Dolphins Island of the Blue Dolphins discussion

amazingness

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Max (new) - rated it 4 stars

Max C I recommend this book to everyone who sees this discussion. It's an amazing story with events that will surprise you in every way.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

It's been a long time since I've read it, but I think I do remember it enough to know that I liked it a lot.

Hylian Princess I haven't read this one in a while either. But it was very interesting.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Isn't it funny how it's been a while but you know it was good? Even if you can't recall much about it? Gotta love the human brain.

stormhawk This was one of my favorite books as a child, I read it over and over and over.

While being alone.

It resonated for me.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Same for me!

Kara Enjoyed it as a kid, recently went back and found it... been wanting to do a re-read... but I still remember it!

Abigail I recently re-read this and it still held the same magic as it did when I was a 6th grader.
The idea and reading a story of a young person surviving in the wilderness has always held a big appeal to me. I enjoy a read like that, I think Island of the Blue Dolphins and Gary Paulson's Hatchet, and Jean Craighead George's My Side of the Mountain are all excellent stories that fulfill that sence of self sufficiency and craving to stay in touch of nature.

Bjorn-The Last Viking They are all excellent story's Abigail. And Island of the Blue Dolphins is a very good book to. I havnt read it in a while. But I remember it being a very good read.

message 10: by Erin (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erin MacMahon i loved this book

Laura I loved this book as a kid.
Has anyone reread it as an adult? I don't think I want to... I don't know if it would live up to my memory of it.

Sandra Jones I'd love to reread this book as an adult. It made a big impression on me as a kid.

Makaila My dad read it to my family and i loved it!

Tyler I read it in class at school.

message 15: by Kirby (last edited Nov 25, 2011 07:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kirby Abigail wrote: "I recently re-read this and it still held the same magic as it did when I was a 6th grader.
The idea and reading a story of a young person surviving in the wilderness has always held a big appeal..."

julie of the wolves was that type of story- I haven't read it since childhood either, but I know I loved it!

or, for an adult book of that nature, follow the river- amazing story!

Kimber Laura wrote: "I loved this book as a kid.
Has anyone reread it as an adult? I don't think I want to... I don't know if it would live up to my memory of it."

I read this as a kid over and over again. After seeing an earlier discussion of it on Goodreads I re-read it again 20 odd years later. It was as wonderful now as it was then but seemed much, much shorter! I still recommend a re-read as an adult.

Erica Vershaw It was one of my favorite books when I was a kid. I recently red it to my 7 year old and he loved it too.

Tyler I love it :) ;) :D :P

message 19: by Licha (new) - added it

Licha Laura wrote: "I loved this book as a kid.
Has anyone reread it as an adult? I don't think I want to... I don't know if it would live up to my memory of it."

It's just as great as when read as a kid. I actually think you pick up on more details that as a kid you may skip over. This book is a classic.

Obi loves Chewy Never will forget

Saffia simply magical book!!
it was sad though that she never saw her people again.

Lauren Hawkins It was ssooo ssaadd! But it was soo amazing to! To everyone who hasn't read this,you must read it!!!!!!!!!

Obi loves Chewy I totally agree with pretty much any body. Sad but super dopper good.