Team Vampire!! discussion

Authors > Maggie Stiefvater

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Maggie Stiefvater is the author of
The Wolves Of Mercy Falls Series
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater [image error] Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

Books Of Faerie Series
Lament The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Ballad The Gathering of Faerie (Books of Faerie, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater

message 2: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i have read the first book of each of those series. everyone raved about lament saying it was brilliant but i didnt get into that one as much as i did shiver which is one of my favourite books. they are both well written and i love the music lyrics in them as it really suits the story.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ~♡Katie♡~ wrote: "i have read the first book of each of those series. everyone raved about lament saying it was brilliant but i didnt get into that one as much as i did shiver which is one of my favourite books. the..."

I loved Shiver, can't wait until Linger comes out! I read Lament and Ballad after, but I did not like Ballad as much as Lament.

message 4: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments I've only read Shiver, and it was a good but not enough for me to want to read any of her other books. I thought Sam was a bit cheesy as well!

It's ever since I started reading adult books, now I can't seem to get into YA books anymore.

message 5: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) really? i didnt find sam cheesy i quite liked him myself. i mix up with YA and adult book and do find the adult books are more interesting than YA but i still love my YA books

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments I do like some YA books like the Mortal Instruments and Vampire Academy but in others I can find the characters a bit immature. And I don't think the storylines in YA books ever tie up as well as they do in adult books and I'm really picky about things like that.

message 7: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i get where your coming from with the immature characters as i find some of them act a lot younger than what they are supposed to be

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Catherine wrote: "I do like some YA books like the Mortal Instruments and Vampire Academy but in others I can find the characters a bit immature. And I don't think the storylines in YA books ever tie up as well as t..."

I mix it up. I read adult books and YA books.

message 9: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments I like reading about relationships in adult books, it's not because of the sex - although some of them are quite fun to read - but I like how they more intense and romantic than what you would find in YA books. And I find the situations in adult books more realistic as well, as in YA you have to tone things down a bit sometimes, and then it just doesn't seem as real.

message 10: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 17 comments I like both as well, YA books for are just easy to read, like a different kind of down time. I loved the Sookie Books and all the sexiness in the Night Huntress series was fun!

I did read Shiver and I liked it too, I am looking forward to reading the next two. I also liked the Morganville Vampire Series.

message 11: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments Yeah, I always choose to read YA books when I want something that's quite simple with pretty straight forward storylines. And if I want to finish the book quickly!

message 12: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i find i read the adult books quicker as i get into them quicker