What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Now we'll never know > mormans in fiction

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by rivka (new)

rivka | 303 comments Mormons.

There are dozens of books that fit your description. Can you give any more info? YA/Kids/Adult? Remember what the cover looked like? Anything?

message 2: by Deb (last edited Mar 12, 2010 04:32AM) (new)

Deb | 48 comments Can you remember the time period? John D. Fitzgerald, who wrote the "great Brain" series also wrote "Papa Married a Mormon" which was my first intro to Mormons. The book is listed under his full name, John Dennis Fitzgerald, and here is the link;
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/56...

There were two sequels also.

message 3: by Holly (new)

Holly | 60 comments Something by Jeanette Oke? She wrote a whole series of romance-y novels set in early Mormon history.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments rivka wrote: "Mormons.

There are dozens of books that fit your description. Can you give any more info? YA/Kids/Adult? Remember what the cover looked like? Anything?"

Yes, the more details we give when searching for a book, the more likely it is fellow members will be able to help us.

If you can do it without giving spoilers, you get bonus points. ;-)

message 5: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (Handmaiden) | 386 comments I read just about all of Janette Oke's (then-published) books when I was a teen, and she did not write about Mormons.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Maryellen, Did you move this to solved? What's the book? Thanks.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicadaygeorge) | 146 comments There's also Orson Scott Card's SAINTS, as well as THE WORK AND THE GLORY, which is a series by Gerald Lund.