Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > Daylight Savings Time/Smack an Ass Day Are This Weekend

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Plan accordingly. And no bitching about losing an hour of sleep. It's not that bad.

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Also, according to my facebook feed, tomorrow is National "smack an ass" day. Uh, plan accordingly for that one, too.

message 3: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Wow they have a day for everything.

message 4: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) "Smack an ass" day?

If it wasn't for the fact that I work at what constitutes a sausage factory, I'd smack ass all day long.

message 5: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments I assume then that Saturday is National Call Around Looking for a Lawyer Who Specializes in Defending Sexual Harassment Suits Day.

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Heh. Good one, Tad. Come a little closer. I want to smack your ass in appreciation, like we're on the same baseball team or something.

message 7: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Or something.

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments do they do that in figure skating or is that too obvious?

message 9: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yup too obvious.

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments "fab skating Sergei !!" [clapping hands rapidly and then a smack on the rear which results in sequins and feathers flying about:]

message 11: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Ah, Kevin.

message 12: by Misha (last edited Mar 11, 2010 08:34AM) (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) RandomAnthony wrote: "Also, according to my facebook feed, tomorrow is National "smack an ass" day. Uh, plan accordingly for that one, too."

Is that in honor of Rep. "It was groping, but it wasn't sexual" Massa?

Also, as a chronic insomiac I reserve the right to bitch crankily and at length about losing an hour of sleep. Overnight Saturday/Sunday is one of the few nights of the week I actually get some sleep and now someone wants to take an hour of that away from me? They'll have to pry that hour from my cold, dead hands.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I want to smack the ass of whoever invented "spring forward." Hard.
Stupid daylight savings time. I'm NOT A FARMER, I don't need this! Why the heck do we do this to ourselves???

message 14: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) It really is silly.

message 15: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Argh. Now I'll be losing an hour of sleep the same weekend I'm moving back from Olympia. I just learned my editors are calling me home despite lawmakers going into overtime. I know it's because we're short-staffed back home and they need a live body in the newsroom (as opposed to all of those undead ones, Larry) but I can't help feeling it's some reflection on my work, like if I were doing a better job they'd have me stay.

message 16: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh I'm sure it's the former and not the latter.

message 17: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) I'm sure, too. My editor really wants me back on the health care beat.

message 18: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Health care? There's something going on with health care?

message 19: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) ER visits are up from all of the ass-smacking.

message 20: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments It's interesting that ass-smacking can be framed as both congratulatory and negative. I guess it depends on how hard you smack.

message 21: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh Misha's "on" today.

message 22: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments here is a good smacking story:

in New Orleans walking down thru the Farmer's Market there was a young couple walking together. the girl stopped to look at something and she lingered for a few moments until the guy snuck up behind her and smacked her butt with a loud, crisp POW! she jumped and giggled and wrestled around with him and walked on. an elderly woman behind me with a cane said "ooh boy, dat was a good one. smacked dat ass right he did...uh huh..yup". i chuckled to myself thinking that she remembered fun like that and had some experience in that area. i loved it

message 23: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I'm glad you were there to observe and report, Kevin. Fine story.

message 24: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments I love a good smacking story!

message 25: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 11, 2010 03:48PM) (new)

RandomAnthony wrote: "Heh. Good one, Tad. Come a little closer. I want to smack your ass in appreciation, like we're on the same baseball team or something."

You can play in my baseball team, I already have Larry & Cambridge joining me. I'm sure they won't mind a bit of ass smacking.

Next Games on Saturday 1:30pm Diamond 2.

message 26: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) *writes it on the calendar*

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't be late. What’s your preferred position? (you'd better give me a couple, just incase we can't fit you with your first preference). I've got Second Base.

message 28: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Every time I see this thread title thisis what I think of.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL. Those girls sure are proud of their wobbly bits!

message 30: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Smack dat ass.

message 31: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Gail wrote: "Don't be late. What’s your preferred position? (you'd better give me a couple, just incase we can't fit you with your first preference). I've got Second Base."

I usually play left out.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Ohhh, we won't leave you out. :)

message 33: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments Sign me up. America's favorite past time and I'll cover '3rd', my personal favorite base heheh, (Then again who is pitching and who is catching? :O heheh )

message 34: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I'll pitch.

Ain't no way I'm catching.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Gail wrote: "Don't be late. What’s your preferred position? (you'd better give me a couple, just incase we can't fit you with your first preference). I've got Second Base."

Until you said you had Second Base, I had a whole nother scenario running through my head.

message 36: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yes, Jim. I know. Same here.

message 37: by Sally, la reina (new)

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2010/031...

Apparently many "northern nations" call it "summer time" which is a much nicer term for it.

message 38: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments Hey it's after midnight, time to change the clocks and no one has smacked my ass, what a disappointment! (and Jim and Larry I am pretty sure when I chose 3rd base I was on the same page as you all :)

message 39: by Sally, la reina (new)

So, I'm up too early on the first day of "summer time" and heading off to birthing class.

Who wants to bet with Sweeter that the hippie instructor forgot about DST and is still in her pajamas with her four kids around when we get there?

message 40: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments You have birthing class at her house? What do you do at birthing class?

message 41: by Sally, la reina (new)

Watch videos of births, practice visualization and breathing techniques, talk about how to "release the fear of childbirth," talk about our birth plan.

message 42: by RandomAnthony (last edited Mar 14, 2010 07:35AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments That sounds better than the birthing class I attended. That was like, well, a slew of couples at the hospital in a blah classroom. I hated it and everything we learned was useless at the actual birth.

message 43: by Sally, la reina (new)

Yeah, I've heard that about the classes the hospital gives. This is pretty cozy and nice, and I made strawberry chocolate chip muffins to share so I'm excited to eat one of those.

message 44: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments I didn't go to a hospital class either, 15 years ago and up here in Maine we had a very similar type 'hippy', casual class.... just learned the basics of what to expect was very relaxing.

message 45: by Misha (new)

Misha (ninthwanderer) Time to 'fess up. Smacked any asses today?

I missed having pie at 1:59. I may yet have pie, just not at the time that would have been most appropriate.

message 46: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sadly I have neither smacked an ass nor had any pie.

message 47: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments ice cream pie on pi day for me

message 48: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 14, 2010 04:25PM) (new)

Jim wrote: "Gail wrote: "Don't be late. What’s your preferred position? (you'd better give me a couple, just incase we can't fit you with your first preference). I've got Second Base."

Until you said you ha..."
msg 35

LOL. I'll have to keep that in minded next time, and pay a little more attention to the way I phrase things. ( I would use the excuse of international interpretation problems, but I can't see that washing).

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I had pizza (Italian for pie) today, and I noticed the pizza place was surprisingly busy at 3:30. I wondered if perhaps I was not the only Pie Day celebrant celebrating with pizza. :)

message 50: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments jackie is the best

« previous 1