Love Inspired Books discussion

Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 109 (109 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
I thought it would be fun for us all to get to know one another- I know... it says Love Inspired Books under all of my posts. So I figured I'd let you know a little bit about the actual person. :)

My name is Danica, but most people know me as Dream. I also host the message boards for Steeple Hill on eHarlequin.com and run the social media space for the Love Inspired lines on Facebook, MySpace, Shoutlife, Twitter, Shelfari, and here. :) I do work for them, but it's an easy job since I also love the books.

My favorite books... well, I like them all. What I love about Love Inspired books is the variety. Some days, all I want to do is read a good suspense. I'm also a history geek, so I really like to indulge in a good historical. And then, there are a lot of times when I just want a straight contemporary romance.

Favorite authors... I hate this one. First off, a lot of the authors are good friends. And I at least know the rest of them, so I never want to sound like I'm playing favorites. I guess I'll leave this one alone for now.

So what about you? Tell me about yourselves, what you like, and of course, anything we can do to make this a fun place for you all to hang out.

message 2: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Im Jenny from Australia I use Ausjenny to distinguish me from other Jenny's I put the aus.
But call me jenny thats fine.
I am currently at Tafe studying Business certificate 3 and next semester hopefully finance.
I am loving it.

I love historical, contempory and also the suspense books.
I read others besides LI but do like the range.
not saying favourites either but I love Cheryl Wyatt cos she knows what cricket is and has mentioned it in her books! I got her last one today she sent 2 copies to replace the others incase they dont make it. (still not here) but When they do I will give both copies to libraries and the other to my friend.
we have lots of fun at LIH but we can have lots of fun here too.
I have a blog that I do a getting to know you day on Thursdays to get to know authours. I would love to have more LI authors on. I have a few with interviews still to come in but I would love to add more to the schedule.

message 3: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments I am Terri, Most friends call me Terrie or Terria .. It doesnt matter to me. I am from North Carolina . I am self employed as Dogsitter & housesitter.. I do Art and love read all kinds of books especially love inspired since 1990's which I love most of the authors wrote wonderfully inspired stories. I also like mysteries books which I like to solve the case for myself like Hardy boys . Oh well, If interest to see pictures of my artwork .. I have in Facebook and myspace photo ablums.

message 4: by Heidi (last edited Mar 11, 2010 12:31PM) (new)

Heidi | 33 comments My name is Heidi and I am a happily married Christian woman and stay at home Mom. Christian Historical Romances are my favorite books, but I also enjoy some general Christian Historical Fiction and Amish Fiction. My favorite eras for historical novels are the Victorian and Pioneer eras, and in particular those set in the US. I read to escape, so I don't really like 'heavy' books. I tend to like those books that are most like fairy tales if you will. That's not to say I don't want some drama, can't handle a bit of sorrow, or want a good twist in what I read. I like and need some of that in my books. I just want to make sure that the book is over all on the lighter and more on the romantic side, and that I get my happy ending ;).

message 5: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 34 comments Perhaps this introduction isn't for authors, Danica, but I couldn't resist popping in to say hello. I love God, history and happy endings so reading and writing historical inspirational romance fits me perfectly! When I can squeeze in time, I enjoy rubber stamping greeting cards, knitting, golfing and traveling.

message 6: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 64 comments My name is Patsy and I am from South Mississippi.My favorite books are Amish Fiction and Christian Romance Fiction. I love the Pioneer era too. I am a housewife and do a lot of volunteer work. My hobbies are reading, crocheting, baking, going to flea markets, doing jigsaw puzzles. My husband and I have two daughters ages, 29 and 24. One of my favorite authors is Wanda Brunsetter.

message 7: by Merrillee (new)

Merrillee Whren (merrilleewhren) | 7 comments Like Janet, I am also one of the Love Inspired authors. My favorite books are contemporary romance, followed by historical romance. I have two grown daughters and one granddaughter. When I'm not writing I like to play tennis, walk on the beach and work in my yard.

message 8: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments Patsy wrote: "My name is Patsy and I am from South Mississippi.My favorite books are Amish Fiction and Christian Romance Fiction. I love the Pioneer era too. I am a housewife and do a lot of volunteer work. My ..."

I love doing puzzles . Thanks for remind me that I need go back to do puzzles

message 9: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments We like to get to know the authors also thats what makes this forum fun.

I like jigsaws also. Which reminds me of a funny story.
when I was in melbourne 2 christmas's ago I asked the girl at reception how big the bench top space was. you see I was moving rooms and I always do a jigsaw over Christmas and had brought one with me. She said it would be better to do it out in the carport area and I am huh the guys at reception were like what are you saying. Im also thinking where would I put it. She was saying there would be less mess if it was out there. and the guys laughed as I said its 1000 pieces Im not sure how doing it out there would help. She thought I meant a jigsaw as in powertool! We sure got a laugh out of that and the idea I would have a powertool with me.

message 10: by Love Inspired (new)

Of course you can pop in and introduce yourself, Janet! We love getting to know our authors, too.

Jenny, how fun! I'm glad you got the replacement books. Cheryl told me she was having issues with the post office, so at least we know you've got something. :)

Terri, how neat that you can do dogsitting and housesitting for people!

Heidi, I am so with you on the reading! I don't like the heavier books either. I'm the same way with movies. Hubby has a rule in our house that I can't watch a movie that someone hasn't prescreened for me. If it doesn't have a happy ending, I don't watch it.

Janet, I didn't know you were a knitter? Or did I know that and forget?

Patsy (and Heidi) I also love the Pioneer era. I think it's because of how ravenously I read Little House on the Prairie as a kid. Did either of you watch that show on PBS, I think it was called Pioneer House? People lived as Pioneers for a year. It was very eye-opening.

Hi Merrillee!!

Jenny LOL @ your jigsaw story! Too funny!!

I guess I should add that I live in Colorado, I work from home in my jammies and I love it! We have two kiddos in college, and 2 little ones at home. And, if you couldn't tell from my comment to Janet, I also love to knit!

message 11: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 44 comments Hi, everyone. I write for Love Inspired and Love Inspired Suspense. My favorite books are romantic suspense/adventure.
Patsy, I grew up in Biloxi and loved living on the Gulf.
I love to do jigsaw puzzles, especially in the winter. My husband and I have done them together.

message 12: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 33 comments Love Inspired wrote: "Of course you can pop in and introduce yourself, Janet! We love getting to know our authors, too.

Jenny, how fun! I'm glad you got the replacement books. Cheryl told me she was having issues with ..."

I LOVED that show! I don't think I could have done it, but it was sure interesting watching them do it :) I too was a big Little House on the Prairie fan. I read the first book, but I still need to read the others. The show however I never missed, and even now I watch the re-runs sometimes :)

I like your movie rule! I think I should try that :) Thanks for the tip!

message 13: by Love Inspired (new)

Heidi, I don't think I could have done it either!

And the movie rule has saved me so many times. I let my friends see it first and then listen to what they have to say about it. At first people don't want to spoil it, but when I finally tell them, "spoil it," I think they get the clue. :)

Hi Margaret!

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Heidi wrote: "Love Inspired wrote: "Of course you can pop in and introduce yourself, Janet! We love getting to know our authors, too.

Jenny, how fun! I'm glad you got the replacement books. Cheryl told me she w..."

Read them! They were my favorite series along with Anne of Green Gables when I was growing up. I actually have the first two seasons of Little House on the Prairie on DVD. :D

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments My name is Jennifer and I'm finally finishing my degree in Elementary Education(Certified EC-6th grade). Used to be an English major! Hopefully, I'll graduate in May of '11 or December of '11 at the latest.

I love history too! Love reading about Wars and the Regency and Pioneer eras.

As for Favorite authors well, all the LI and LIH are great. Francine Rivers, Karen Kingsbury, Lori Wick, Deanne Gist, Nancy Moser, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, etc...

message 16: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments Jennifer wrote: "My name is Jennifer and I'm finally finishing my degree in Elementary Education(Certified EC-6th grade). Used to be an English major! Hopefully, I'll graduate in May of '11 or December of '11 at th..."

I wonder why you liked history as I heard you read lot of Pioneer books.

message 17: by Love Inspired (new)

I LOVE Anne of Green Gables. Another fave!

Jennifer, that's so neat that you're getting ready to finish your degree. Good luck!

message 18: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Love Inspired wrote: "I LOVE Anne of Green Gables. Another fave!

Jennifer, that's so neat that you're getting ready to finish your degree. Good luck!"

Love the movies too!

Thanks! I'll need all the luck I can get. LOL

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Terri wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "My name is Jennifer and I'm finally finishing my degree in Elementary Education(Certified EC-6th grade). Used to be an English major! Hopefully, I'll graduate in May of '11 or Dece..."

Yup! I'm the one in my family that wants to stop and read all the historical markers, etc...

message 20: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments sounds like a fun thing to do Jennifer.

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments It is for me and my dad! LOL

message 22: by Love Inspired (new)

LOL Jennifer! That was what hubby and I did for our honeymoon. Usually when we travel by car, we're in a hurry and pass by all the historical markers. So for our honeymoon, we went on a road trip, took all the back roads, and stopped at every historical marker and point of interest. So much fun. We're hoping to do something like that with the kids this summer, but we'll see. They don't like how we take the time to read every single thing.

message 23: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 21 comments I keep thinking I've done this already, but I guess I've started to and then ended up not finishing. I'm a happily married mom of two boys. I homeschooled them both. One is in his second year of college ~ studying engineering. The other is a freshman in high school.

I have a grab bag of minor illnesses that harass me and slow me down. I have fibromyalgia, chronic migraines, IBS, severe asthma, and allergies.

I'm a writer, but just starting out. I have always been a storyteller and done some little projects for fun and for my church, but the end of last year I wrote a rough draft of my first novel. It was really bad ~ I think I made every mistake possible. I knew nothing about the industry at all. I'm revising it and learning a lot about writing and who I am as an author as I go along, but I'm not sure this book may ever make it to a publisher. My critique partner, a couple readers and my husband disagree - but it includes a few too many elements and a small indie publisher may be the only way (if my writing gets up to par).

I'm thrilled with learning though. I'm also a voracious reader. It's tough to pick a favorite author. I like too many. I'd probably say Jane Austen. lol

I used to favor historicals mainly but I have been reading a lot of different genres and enjoying them. So I think it's more how much the story & characters grab me than what type of book.

I sometimes make jewelry in my spare time. Though since I started writing in earnest, that takes up most of my time. I also love to do skits and monologues for my church. I get terrible stage fright, but it all seems to work out in the end. It's a fun way to bring a point from the sermon out in a different way or to bring alive the stories we're talking about in VBS and people say I do a good job.

message 24: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Lee sorry to hear of your illnesses I know quite a few people with fibro and its not nice.

message 25: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 64 comments Oh gosh, Lee, I also have fibromyalgia and migraines. I've had migraines for as long as I can remember. Like the throwing up kind where I would have to go get a shot. Doctors put me on all kinds of meds daily in the past but nothing help. Finally they said some people just have them worse than others. I take Imtrex when I get a bad headache now and it helps.(which is quite often) My mother and grandfather had them also. My fibro isn't as bad as when I first had it. It was awful. I could hardly walk when I got up. I had no idea what was wrong. I mean, I was only in my 40s so I though, whoa, I getting old fast. I felt like I was 90.I don't excerise like I should, but I know that helps. The doctor said walking and stretching is good for people with fibro. Because of both illnesses I have to watch my stress level and sleep pattern and realize I'm not super woman. Even though I volunteer a lot there are many times I have to say no.

message 26: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 44 comments Lee, what drew me into writing in the first place (besides I love to read) is that I have always been a storyteller. I love making up stories. Good luck with your writing.

message 27: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Love Inspired wrote: "LOL Jennifer! That was what hubby and I did for our honeymoon. Usually when we travel by car, we're in a hurry and pass by all the historical markers. So for our honeymoon, we went on a road trip, ..."

Yup, my mom and sister just roll their eyes! Or they go find the gift shop if dad and I want to walk around some historical site. :D

message 28: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Lee wrote: "I keep thinking I've done this already, but I guess I've started to and then ended up not finishing. I'm a happily married mom of two boys. I homeschooled them both. One is in his second year of co..."

You should post some of your jewelry so we can see it!

I love to be on stage! I'm in my drama team at church. Did four musicals in high school and was a lead in three of them. Went to drama competition too in monologue and duet acting. Made it to state every year. So much fun! I love getting inside the head of a character and trying to portray them for others to see.

message 29: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 21 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Lee sorry to hear of your illnesses I know quite a few people with fibro and its not nice."

No, it's not nice. lol I love the way you put that. :o)

message 30: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 21 comments Patsy wrote: "Oh gosh, Lee, I also have fibromyalgia and migraines. I've had migraines for as long as I can remember. Like the throwing up kind where I would have to go get a shot. Doctors put me on all kinds of..."

You know, with the migraines I have been lucky enough to just get sick and not actually throw up. Though even with the flu and all manner of other illnesses I have managed not to throw up. I hate it. So it may just be willpower. We tried several meds before we found one that seemed to help sometimes with my migraines if taken daily. I take Relpax for migraines - but stress and heat bother them - so do any flare ups from my fibro or IBS - or if my asthma or allergies act up. I suppose those are all a sort of stress though.

I agree totally. I'm not yet 40 and found out in my mid early 30s ~ and I too feel like I'm in my 90s most days. The long list of meds doesn't help. It's also hard to workout when you hurt already and every time I try to workout I hurt for days. I get tired so fast.

My sister has battled cancer though ~ so I feel like this is something annoying but not life threatening. I can take it.

message 31: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 21 comments Jennifer wrote: "Lee wrote: "I keep thinking I've done this already, but I guess I've started to and then ended up not finishing. I'm a happily married mom of two boys. I homeschooled them both. One is in his secon..."

I'll have to look and see if I can find some pictures of anything good. I give away the "fancy" stuff. Most of the pieces like and keep around are really simple. Like the necklace I have on in my profile pic. It is something like 36 - 38 inches long ~ so I can knot it, double it , loop it around this clasp I have ... It's very versatile. Plus it is tourmaline with silver and a few fire polished crystal accents. The tourmaline naturally comes in all those different colors so it goes with so many outfits and complements them. I love that necklace and it was one of the first ones I made. lol

When I was in high school I went to a drama competition too. We won awards for everything we took to competition. It was pretty incredible. It was a smaller pool to compete with because we were overseas, but it still was a lot of people and a lot of fun. We didn't get a lot of the opportunities people stateside had, so they tried to give us replacements. The level of competition would have been nothing like what you had to face.

message 32: by Love Inspired (new)

Lee, welcome! I'm glad you introduced yourself.

So sorry to hear of your illnesses. It sounds like there are a whole bunch of folks here with similar situations. Isn't it nice to be able to connect? I think that's what I love about meeting folks online. No matter how far apart everyone is, there are still ways of connecting. :)

message 33: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Lee wrote: "Ausjenny wrote: "Lee sorry to hear of your illnesses I know quite a few people with fibro and its not nice."

No, it's not nice. lol I love the way you put that. :o)"

the aussie coming out in me! Im in pain this weekend as I got hit in the face with a branch and the side is really swallon and sore.

message 34: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Lee wrote: "Ausjenny wrote: "Lee sorry to hear of your illnesses I know quite a few people with fibro and its not nice."

the aussie coming..."

OUCH! Hope you heal fast!

message 35: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Lee wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Lee wrote: "I keep thinking I've done this already, but I guess I've started to and then ended up not finishing. I'm a happily married mom of two boys. I homeschooled them both. On..."

Well, I went to private school, so it was all against the private schools who were associated with TAPPS. So it wasn't quiet has competitive as public schools, but there were still some good competitors. We had a rivalry with a really good school every year. It always went back and forth every year between us and Allen Academy for first or second place overall.

I love jewelry that is versatile! Makes things so much easier.

message 36: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Jennifer wrote: "Ausjenny wrote: "Lee wrote: "Ausjenny wrote: "Lee sorry to hear of your illnesses I know quite a few people with fibro and its not nice."

No, it's not nice. lol I love the way you put that. :o)"..."

no not nice its still hurts feels like iwas punched by a fighter

message 37: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 21 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Lee wrote: "Ausjenny wrote: "Lee sorry to hear of your illnesses I know quite a few people with fibro and its not nice."

the aussie coming..."

I am so sorry. I hope you get to feeling better soon. How did that happen?

message 38: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments I was pruning a branch and had pulled it down and it flicked back and got me the side of the face below the jaw. I sliced the inside of them mouth and thought it was just bruised till i saw the blood.
I think the skins pulling tight and the swelling its like after you go to the dentist its tight and sore.
there is still alot of swelling

message 39: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments sounds painful!

message 40: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments it was and still is.

message 41: by Love Inspired (new)

Ouch Jenny!!

message 42: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments I am going to the chemist to see if I can get something to help untighten the skin. as its pulling tight today

message 43: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 21 comments Ausjenny wrote: "I am going to the chemist to see if I can get something to help untighten the skin. as its pulling tight today"

I would think something like neosporin would help. I really hope you feel better soon.

message 44: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 44 comments I hope everything is better soon, Jenny.

message 45: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments thanks the swelling is going down and the skin is losening but its still looking really ugly.

message 46: by Love Inspired (new)

I realize this isn't a laughing matter, but I giggle every time I read something like "going to the chemist."

English is such a fun language when you experience it with people from other parts of the world.

message 47: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Hey you can laugh I can laugh now. I guess you call it going to the drug store?
here its the chemist or pharmacy.

message 48: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Drug store, pharmacy...we use both.

message 49: by Joy (last edited Mar 19, 2010 08:36AM) (new)

Joy Hey everyone! I've migrated! lol I figured I'd join since I "know" alot of you and also because I enjoy reading Love Inspired books...contemporary, suspense, and historical. I just recently finished Twin Targets by Marta Perry and bought the next two in that series...I like Witness Protection stories. I also am reading Crescent City Courtship by Elizabeth White and will soon get Heartland Wedding by Renee Ryan and the Substitute Bride by Janet Dean. And those of you who know me already know I love a good mail-order bride story. ;)

message 50: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 44 comments Joy, I hope you enjoy the other stories in the Witness Protection series.

« previous 1 3