Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Movies & TV > IR TV Couples (Part 2)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 277 (277 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Mar 10, 2010 09:41PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
I couldn't find the thread for IR TV, so I started a new one.

I love Hardison and Parker on Leverage (BMWW), played by Aldis Hodge and Beth Riesgraf. They are so cute. I like that Hardison is the well adjusted one, and Parker's kind of messed up from her childhood. Hardison is busting all kinds of stereotypes. He's the genius, computer guru on the show. He is adorable. I'm totally rooting that they'll get together and stay together.

message 2: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6569 comments Mod
Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I couldn't find the thread for IR TV, so I started a new one.

I love Hardison and Parker on Leverage (BMWW), played by Aldis Hodge and Beth Riesgraf. They are so cute. I like that Hardison is th..."

They're a couple? I don't want Leverage, but the other night after watching Bones, I left my TV on Bones and Leverage came on. I woke up to Leverage and they were together talking. It's the episode were Timothy's characater and one of his team player woman was in a bank, during a bank robbery.

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
I wouldn't say they're a couple, but they have great chemistry, and I think they like each other. On one episode, Parker kissed Hardison as a distraction, and he really liked it. It's a really good show.

message 4: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments I agree, they both have great chemistry and I hope they will end up together. I love the show BTW and catch most episodes on Saturday morning. I've always been a big Timothy Hutton fan.

message 5: by Arch , Mod (new)

I might have to start giving this show my attention.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Brenda, I have a crush on Timothy Hutton. Have for many years now.

Arch, I think you'd really like Leverage. It's a great show.

message 7: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Brenda, I have a crush on Timothy Hutton. Have for many years now.

Arch, I think you'd really like Leverage. It's a great show."

I've watched the show this morning. I know I should have been asleep at two in the morning. But, I woke and seen it on and watched it. I've caught the last thirty minutes of it.

In the episode, the black guy was helping his team from his job. The other team members were on a plane that would have crashed. You all might know the episode.

I will definitely be watching it now. I like the black guy's attitude.

I don't know his name. Next time, I will refer to him by his name.

message 8: by new_user (new)

new_user Anyone watch Private Practice? There are always IR pairings on there, since two of the main cast are AA.

message 9: by Arch , Mod (new)

new_user wrote: "Anyone watch Private Practice? There are always IR pairings on there, since two of the main cast are AA."

I think I have seen a few minutes of it on satellite.

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

My sister told me about this. There are episodes of "Legacy", a historical tv show that had a very prominent interracial BWWM relationship. Check it out if you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIuqO9....

message 11: by Arch , Mod (new)

Thanks for sharing this Danielle. Does the show still comes on?

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

YW, Arch. It was canceled many moons ago.

message 13: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "YW, Arch. It was canceled many moons ago."

I wish I can find it. I would watch it.

message 14: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (last edited Apr 07, 2010 06:24AM) (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
I wish they would release that show on DVD already. :-( (That Grayson guy is yummy btw)

There's a chica on YT who posted all of Sean and Marita (I think that's her name. Sharon Leal plays her) and their scenes. I wish I could remember the poster's name...

ETA: Oh wait! Just did a search. Here they are. http://www.youtube.com/results?search...

message 15: by Arch , Mod (new)

A show like that would play on WAM.

message 16: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Is that the western channel, Arch? Or the movie channel?

message 17: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I couldn't find the thread for IR TV, so I started a new one.

I love Hardison and Parker on Leverage (BMWW), played by Aldis Hodge and Beth Riesgraf. They are so cute. I like that Hardison is th..."

I couldn't agree more, Danielle. I hope they become a couple also. It seems the writers are leading us that way. :-)

message 18: by Arch , Mod (new)

Rae wrote: "Is that the western channel, Arch? Or the movie channel?"

No, it's a channel that's part of the Encore package. I don't know if it's still called WAM. It use to be called that years ago.

It's not a Western channel, they play other movies and children movies too. I use to watch a show called Emily of New Moon show (Historical show) back in the day.

I watched the show for Kris Lemche who played Greg Hillinger on La Femme Nikita. He's was the young genius that Birkoff couldn't stand.

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Rae wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I couldn't find the thread for IR TV, so I started a new one.

I love Hardison and Parker on Leverage (BMWW), played by Aldis Hodge and Beth Riesgraf. They are ..."

They have great chemistry together. :)

message 20: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Arch wrote: "Rae wrote: "Is that the western channel, Arch? Or the movie channel?"

No, it's a channel that's part of the Encore package. I don't know if it's still called WAM. It use to be called that years ..."

Ah okay. Yeah I think they call it something else. I remember when it was called WAM though.

I wish they'd show it on the western channel. They keep taking off good shows there.

message 21: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Rae wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I couldn't find the thread for IR TV, so I started a new one.

I love Hardison and Parker on Leverage (BMWW), played by Aldis Hodge and Beth Riesg..."

So true! I love it when they have jobs together. :-)

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Me too, Rae. They keep me watching!

message 23: by Yolonda (new)

Yolonda | 406 comments Flashforward has a BW/AM couple played by John Cho and Gabrielle Union. It comes on Thursday nights.

message 24: by Arch , Mod (new)

Loni wrote: "Flashforward has a BW/AM couple played by John Cho and Gabrielle Union. It comes on Thursday nights."

It still comes on? I read that it might get cancelled.

message 25: by Yolonda (new)

Yolonda | 406 comments It's still on for now. I read that if the ratings don't improve that it may not make it to another season.

message 26: by Arch , Mod (new)

Loni wrote: "It's still on for now. I read that if the ratings don't improve that it may not make it to another season."

Do you know what shows it's going against?

I hate when new shows are put up against seasoned shows and the new shows get cancelled.

message 27: by Arch , Mod (new)

Eugenia wrote: "Well, let's hope bringing in new watchers will keep it on the television."

Yeah.

message 28: by Yolonda (new)

Yolonda | 406 comments It's only up against Bones, Survivor and a couple of 30 minute comedies. I read that ABC is considering keeping V instead of Flashforward. I hope that's not true. I don't see how they expect high ratings when they don't give a good show a chance to catch on with viewers. A lot of people probably don't even know the show is on.

message 29: by Arch , Mod (new)

They might lose to Bones. That's a popular show.

Is the V any good? I remember the original V. I was in the 2nd grade when the show aired.

I'll never forget how that baby came out of that woman.

The man that played as Freddy Kruger was played on the V.

message 30: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

I didn't think I'd like the new V because I liked the original but it turned out to be pretty good! They started out with a bang sort of like ID4 (and one of the nerdy kids mentioned this which was too cute). So far it moves pretty fast and there are some familiar faces there like my Wash from Firefly. :-)

I hope Flashforward stays around for the viewers who are still enjoying it.

message 31: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

My sister put the first season on DVD. I don't care for Elizabeth Mitchell ( I think she's a rather boring actress), so that's part of why I am discouraged to watch it. I am a huge fan of the original, so I am afraid my expectations will not be met.

message 32: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "My sister told me about this. There are episodes of "Legacy", a historical tv show that had a very prominent interracial BWWM relationship. Check it out if you're interested:

http://www.youtube..."

Thanks Danielle!!
Boy in the intro they are riding those horses hard!!

message 33: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Wait that guy is the father of all those kids? lol

message 34: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Rae wrote: "I wish they would release that show on DVD already. :-( (That Grayson guy is yummy btw)

There's a chica on YT who posted all of Sean and Marita (I think that's her name. Sharon Leal plays her) an..."

Rae now look what you did
I was going to be a good girl and watch the series but now I am only going to watch the IR scenes lol

message 35: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Arch wrote: "Loni wrote: "Flashforward has a BW/AM couple played by John Cho and Gabrielle Union. It comes on Thursday nights."

It still comes on? I read that it might get cancelled."

WHAT?????????

message 36: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Loni wrote: "It's only up against Bones, Survivor and a couple of 30 minute comedies. I read that ABC is considering keeping V instead of Flashforward. I hope that's not true. I don't see how they expect high r..."

Survivor needs to go

message 37: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "My sister put the first season on DVD. I don't care for Elizabeth Mitchell ( I think she's a rather boring actress), so that's part of why I am discouraged to watch it. I am a huge fan of the orig..."

I didn't like her in Lost lol

message 38: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments I can see I won't be doing anything today but watching Sean and Marita!

I like them!!
I almost cried at that first episode

message 39: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Sharon wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "My sister told me about this. There are episodes of "Legacy", a historical tv show that had a very prominent interracial BWWM relationship. Check it out if you..."

I'm glad you like the show, Sharon!

message 40: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Sharon wrote: "Wait that guy is the father of all those kids? lol"

I think so....

message 41: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "My sister put the first season on DVD. I don't care for Elizabeth Mitchell ( I think she's a rather boring actress), so that's part of why I am discouraged to watch it. I am a huge fan of the orig..."

I have to agree, Danielle. When I saw she was going to be in there as a main character, I was like "meh". I don't generally like her in shows. But it turned out to be pretty good and she didn't bug me as much as I thought. The one her plays her son on the other hand...

Lol

message 42: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Sharon wrote: "Rae wrote: "I wish they would release that show on DVD already. :-( (That Grayson guy is yummy btw)

There's a chica on YT who posted all of Sean and Marita (I think that's her name. Sharon Leal p..."

LOL Sharon. It was just too tempting to resist hehe. Do you have the whole series?

message 43: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Sharon wrote: "Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "My sister told me about this. There are episodes of "Legacy", a historical tv show that had a very prominent interracial BWWM relationship. Check it out if you..."

That intro song is just too awesome. I love Lorena McKennitt!

message 44: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Sharon wrote: "Wait that guy is the father of all those kids? lol"

I think so...."

He's a bit scrumptious, if I may say. Love his smile.

message 45: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1379 comments OMG, Legacy, a blast from the past. I watched that show religiously when it came on (Friday nights no less!) and was really bummed when it got canceled. Sharon Leal and Grayson McCouch had some serious chemistry. I also thought the guy who played the father, Brett Cullen, was pretty darned hot.

He was Vanessa Williams' love interest on Ugly Betty for a few episodes. He was so good for Willy.

message 46: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments I know the dad from somewhere else but it's not coming to me.
Now it says those two were dating and she left such a lasting impression on him

message 47: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Rae I am up to episode 13? from the link you posted on You Tube alas we had to leave for the gym

message 48: by new_user (new)

new_user I used to love Legacy. Love McKennitt too!

message 49: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

I hear that Tina! I must search for more stuff he's in so I can ogle. :-) I didn't know he played VW's love interest on there. I wonder if I can scrounge up some YT clips hehe.

message 50: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Sharon wrote: "Rae I am up to episode 13? from the link you posted on You Tube alas we had to leave for the gym"

Aww. Well, you got through most of it! :-D

« previous 1 3 4 5 6