The Mortal Instruments discussion

City of Glass > Speculation: Book Four Cover

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments Jace, on book one.
Clary, on book two.
Sebastian, on book three.

Cassandra Clare said she didn't know herself who was going to be on book four?

Simon? what do you think?

message 2: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) most likely, considering the book is mainly about him.

message 3: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments well, wouldn't clare confirm it, since it's the obvious choice?

message 4: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) i have no clue, because it is technically the publisher's choice. i could ask her though

message 5: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments To be mysterious! It's more fun to answer a question without a straight forward answer or another question. :)

message 6: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments wait, I haven't even seen the cover of the fourth one. Have you guys?

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 11, 2010 04:49PM) (new)

no i havent but i do know when it comes out

message 8: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments Yeah. It's not out yet. If you go to the website, where it tells you about the fourth book, it says the cover hasn't been finalized yet. It's probably going to be of Simon, but then again, all the characters up to now have been shadowhunters (Jace, Clary, and Sebastian), so maybe not. We'll just have to wait and see.

message 9: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments ya, and all the characters up to now have been Valentine's children....just pointing it out...

if you search city of fallen angels on google images a cool cover comes up.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I feel stupid, I thought Alec was on the cover of Book three because of the weapons...lol

message 11: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments I thought that at first, too! And I just realized that Brianna! (Dang, I feel stupid!) I thought it was Alec up to when I went to her website and found out it was actually Sebastian. I was like, what the heck! But they are a bit close with looks that it's an easy mistake, both pale skinned, black hair, and have a sword. It doesn't show their eyes where they differ, Alec with blue while Sebastian with black. I was really surprised. LOL!

message 12: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments I thought it was Simon

message 13: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments i thought it was simon, because of the paleness.

message 14: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) but when did you assume that, because that's what i thought before i was half way through with CoA. but after Simon turned into a Vampire, i realized it could be either Alec or someones else.

message 15: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments after? really I thought because of.

message 16: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) well downworlders and humans can't draw runes on themselves, only nephilim. so there was no way it was Simon.

message 17: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments oh...there were runes on him...

message 18: by Ariel (new)

Ariel Acupan | 1 comments Daylighter wrote: "well downworlders and humans can't draw runes on themselves, only nephilim. so there was no way it was Simon."

Clary draw runes to downworlders when they faught the demons (Alliance runes, i think)COG. What they could not draw are runes from the gray book. It was explained to Meliorn when he was having doubt if it is safe.

message 19: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) Wow i totally missed that, thanx ;) We didn't know that before CoG though, so my guess about Simon not being on the cover was reasonable back then. but you're right.

message 20: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments ya, i just didn't see the runes. lol, and i thought that the dude had a bow on his back.
(because hip sheaths are just so much more fashionable with swords.

message 21: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments I never thought it was alec
cause the inside Flap says mistrious Shadowhunter Sebastian
i always asumed it was him
and after i read the book it was obvios it was him
he has the Morganstern sword on his back

message 22: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments For some reason when I first saw it I thought it was a bow and arrows until i looked closer

message 23: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthan) | 8 comments I'm so excited that there is going to be a fourth book!!! I had no idea until just now. Also, I'm psyched because in the synopsis it said Clary and Jace will be in it, and they're my fav characters.

message 24: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments it's still part of the same series, they HAVE to be in it.

message 25: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanthan) | 8 comments true, lol

message 26: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments They are the first three pages that Cassie read were them to walking down the institute -Clary's point of view

message 27: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments but most of it is from simons perspective

message 28: by Rebecca Jane (new)

Rebecca Jane (bec3sjhdbzljldsgwsm) i wanted it to be alec on the cover of COG but i had a feeling it was sebastian. i think it might be simon coz its mostly about him

message 29: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments Its half and half actually

message 30: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments wait, half and half, what are the two halves?

message 31: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) half Simon and half like the other books in the series, Clary basically

message 32: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments oooooohhhhhhhhh, I get it

message 33: by Katie (new)

message 34: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) yeah that's fake!! Cassie herself has already established that

message 35: by Katie (new)

Katie | 27 comments Darn. Oh well, it'd looked pretty good.

message 36: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) yeah i know, who ever made it was pretty talented

message 37: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 187 comments when is the real cover going to be released? Is there a date set for it or something?

message 38: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) actually i just read Cassie's tweets and she said they haven't even started on it yet. she said possibly during September
here's the link to her tweets if you're interested (it's Q&A regarding her new books): http://lifeaftertwilight.net/2010/04/...

message 39: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 187 comments just read it--September--that is a long time to wait...darn.

message 40: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments I know. I can't for for CA and COFA

message 41: by Ciara (new)

Ciara | 86 comments Sometimes authors make me want 2 cry

message 42: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments I know

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Jazmyn wrote: "just read it--September--that is a long time to wait...darn."

AH! I know, its so sad :(

message 44: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 187 comments very.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

at least she is starting a new series :)

message 46: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 187 comments yea, that helps ease the pain. lol

message 47: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments yep in the mean time

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm actually kind of sad because the 4th book is going to mainly focus on Simon.

message 49: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 946 comments i felt the same way but it actually is pretty focuesd on the others as well

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Evelyn wrote: "i felt the same way but it actually is pretty focuesd on the others as well"
Oh, wait did you read it yet?
:)

« previous 1 3