Love Inspired Books discussion

The Story Behind The Captain's Lady by Louise Gouge

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
This is my first time to blog for Love Inspired, and I’m amazed to be in such august company. These ladies write the most delightful books that carry the message of romance and God’s love to countless readers around the world. I pray that my books will be a blessing to all who choose them from among so many good books in our genre.

The Captain’s Lady is my second Love Inspired Historical set during the Revolutionary War. The first was Love Thine Enemy, which takes place in colonial East Florida. Although I have lived in Florida for thirty years, it wasn’t until about five years ago that I learned about East and West Florida being the fourteenth and fifteenth British colonies on the land that is now the United States of America. In fact, if George Washington had had his way, our country would have begun with fifteen colonies instead of thirteen. But such was not to be. Many Tories, Americans loyal to the Crown, escaped persecution by fleeing to East Florida, and their volunteer Rangers drove back the Patriots from Georgia and South Carolina who tried to bring the war to this southernmost colony.

You can see from the above paragraph how much I love history. Learning tidbits like that from the past always inspires stories in me, and this time was no exception. I wrote Love Thine Enemy as a love story between a man and a woman on opposite sides of the conflict. And, as frequently happens, one of my secondary characters politely asked if he could have his own story. Hence, The Captain’s Lady was created. But I moved the action to London, where my hero found his perfect heroine, Lady Marianne Moberly. Here’s the back cover copy:

Torn between love and duty, American Patriot James Templeton must deny his heart to help win his country's freedom. His orders from General Washington are clear. His target: Lord Bennington, a member of George III's Privy Council. The assignment: find Bennington's war plans. The risks: the future of the East Florida Colony, Jamie's life...and his heart. In spite of the dangers of their hopeless situation, he's fallen in love with Lady Marianne Moberly, Lord Bennington's daughter. Desperate to protect his country, Jamie carries out his orders with a heavy heart. But Marianne's persistence is a challenge he never expected. With love and faith, they must navigate troubled waters to win their future together.

True to form, two characters from The Captain’s Lady asked for their own books. I told them they could have one only if they agree to fall in love. They agreed. So I am deep into writing my third Revolutionary War book contracted by LIH. This is so much fun!

I’m so excited to announce that The Captain’s Lady garnered a 4-Star review from Romantic Times BookClub Magazine. And I’m so proud to be writing for Steeple Hill’s Love Inspired Historical line. You can find both of my Revolutionary War books online at the usual bookstores. The Captain’s Lady will be in bookstores on March 16, 2010.

Please visit me at my Web site, www.Louisemgouge.com, and find out a little more about my books.

I hope to chat with you again.

Louise The Captain's Lady (Love Inspired Historical) by Louise M. Gouge

message 2: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Oh another I want to read I think I have the first one infact im sure I do.

message 3: by Love Inspired (new)

Jenny, I'm now DYING to read this one! I'm such a history nerd and anytime I hear about cool historical stuff, I get super excited. I love all the research behind these books. Yep, I'm a dork.

message 4: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments I love history too.
oh a funny story i was talking at Tafe(its like community college). I was saying how I was reading one of Lyn Cote's books and it kept me up late finishing it. Its around the time of the Alamo and I said about Texas and Mexico in the early days well 2 were not listening well and were talking about the movie and I said have they had more than one version on The Alamo and they were talking about the Texas chainsaw massacre. They had heard texas and fighting and didn't listen clearly. I was even talking about stana Ana.
But I loved the book except i read way to late.

message 5: by Love Inspired (new)

That's funny! You can't get much farther apart than those two. :) Isn't it funny how people hear what they want to hear?

message 6: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments its even funnier when we were studying organizing workplace information and one part was on listening to what is said clearly.

message 7: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 21 comments Love Inspired wrote: "This is my first time to blog for Love Inspired, and I’m amazed to be in such august company. These ladies write the most delightful books that carry the message of romance and God’s love to countl..."

This was a fantastic read. I loved it. I think the story and the characters came alive. I think I mentioned in my review that they should make it into a movie. :o)

message 8: by Love Inspired (new)

Lee, that's great to hear! I'm sure Louise will be excited to hear that too.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 434 comments Love Inspired wrote: "Jenny, I'm now DYING to read this one! I'm such a history nerd and anytime I hear about cool historical stuff, I get super excited. I love all the research behind these books. Yep, I'm a dork."

Me too! I've been waiting for this book for months! Can't wait to get it.

message 10: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments Got the book today!