Books are my life... discussion

ARCHIVES > The Last Song

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather B, Your Moderator (last edited Mar 10, 2010 06:16PM) (new)

Heather B (heatherbenson) | 1345 comments Mod
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

Seventeen-year-old Veronica 'Ronnie' Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alienated from her parents, especially her father ...until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie's father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church. The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story about love in its myriad forms - first love, the love between parents and children - that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that deeply felt relationships can break our hearts ...and heal them.

If you are going to post spoilers please say so at the beginning of your post. Thank you

message 2: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Has anyone read this? I thought is sounded good, but want someones opinion that has read it.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Is the movie with Miley Cyrus based on this book?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I havent read any of his books, but I don't really like weepy books either.

message 5: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** His books usually translate into a good chick flick if you like the movies that can make you cry. I will admit I am total sap for those movies and the movies are usually pretty close to the book too. I have read and watched Nights In Rodanthe by him and I found the book and movie equally good and movie very accurate to the book. I am currently reading The Notebook and Recently finished Dear John but have not seen the movie yet.

message 6: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Ya my favourite movie based off of his books is by far a Walk To Remember. I cry every time I see that movie and I've seen it a lot! I really want to read that book, just haven't been able to get the book.

message 7: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** Me too!!!It was on tv the other day too. Love the movie:)

message 8: by Stacie (new)

Stacie I like this book I hope it's a good movie too

message 9: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I really want to see the movie, but I'm going to wait till I read the book to see it.

message 10: by Stacie (new)

Stacie That's a good idea probably the books are always better!!

message 11: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I know, it kind of sucks.

message 12: by Stacie (new)

Stacie Ya I kno I don't kno if u have read the vampire diaries series but they turned it into a tv series and the shows good but it has hardly nothing to do with the books. So it's kinda exciting when books get turned into movies but also disappointing cause a two hour movie usually can't do a 300 to 500 page book justice.

message 13: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I haven't read those books, but I do watch the tv show and like it. I don't think that I'm going to read the books either, I'll just stick with the show that way I will actually have a show I like :P

message 14: by Stacie (new)

Stacie Ya that's a good idea the books aren't the best anyway

message 15: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Ya I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on them.

Erica (storybookend) I've been wanting to read this book. I really want to watch the movie, it looks good. I was debating on whether I should just buy the book, but then I'm not sure because I don't know if I'd like it. I've read a Walk to Remember and I liked it, I also love the movie. so sad.

message 17: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** I read t6he book finally and I love it. really really love it. I tried downloading the movie but it wasn't great quality so I am gunna have to wait to see the movie, but I am excited to see it:)

message 18: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

**Carla** wrote: "I read t6he book finally and I love it. really really love it. I tried downloading the movie but it wasn't great quality so I am gunna have to wait to see the movie, but I am excited to see it:)"

Did the book make you cry when you read it?

message 19: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** At the end if I wasn't reading at work then I would have definately cried..I had to stop myself a couple times and pause reading to let the teary feeling pass so that I wouldn't start crying and so the people I work with wouldn't look at me funny lol.

message 20: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I know what you mean, it's like that when I read on the bus. Even sometimes when something is funny I have to try not to laugh so I don't look stupid.

Erica (storybookend) Just finished the Last Song. It was pretty good, but it wasn't amazing. I don't think I quite care for Sparks writing. But the book was good, and I liked Sparks characters, and there were good messages in it.

message 22: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Really? Well it's kind of hard to like a book when you don't like the writting style so I understand why it wouldn't be your favourite. I actually really like his writting style which is probably why I liked the book so much.

message 23: by Morgan (new)

Morgan The book was absoulutly amazing! I must have read it 3 or 4 times now!

message 24: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

WOW! Really? That's great!

message 25: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** Thats crazy!!! I wish I had the time to re read the books I love and still have the time to read all the new one I want to read too. The new books tend to win over the books I have read already!!

message 26: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Same here, but sometimes it's a hard choice lol

message 27: by Lily (new)

Lily This book was great! The movie was different from the book. I didn't like the movie the way I thought I would. But I did enjoy the read.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Last Song (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nicholas Sparks (other topics)