Damon Salvatore: Dark, Brooding, Mysterious (Vampire Diaries) discussion

Damon Salvatore > Damon; Why A Crow

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meg (new)

Meg (megkelly) | 11 comments Mod
(Dear Nicki,
You can delete this topic if you choose)

Hello everyone, I guess your all here to talk about the one and only Damon Salvatore. In the book we all know that he can turn into a crow... But is this the animal best suited for him? What do you think it should be? The crow does have it's advantages: flying, spying on girls, ect. Any thoughts?

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (noreally) | 88 comments Mod
I think a crow suits what he wants his image to be. However, I think he would be a Wolf: Caring to those he cares about, but ruthless to all others. Sleek and mysterious.

message 3: by Meg (new)

I do too. It allows him to be every where. But it he wasn't maybe a panther. It too is black, allowing him to go unseen in the night, move quickly and climb trees.

message 4: by Melanie (new)

The thing is, crows are signs of 'death' or 'bad omens' in some cultures or superstitions, so I think thats one of the reasons he chose it. But a panther? In the middle of a town? A crow is a mere bird, blending in to the surroundings, observing every detail the town may bring.

message 5: by Meg (new)

Okay, I gets that (LOL) But if he didn't have a reason to blend in or he could be a crow this would be perfect, even while it would be noticeable.

message 6: by Melanie (last edited Mar 27, 2010 09:51PM) (new)

You must have done a lot of research. And Damon does seem like a crow. But...maybe a raven. Look it up Liezl, what do Ravens symbolize? I think death...I think both Crows and Ravens are thought of negatively.

message 7: by Liezl (new)

Liezl wow nicki you seem offended because you did not know that bit of info i just fed you..crows definately do not always symbolize death...but of course you probably have no idea about native american culture...so ignorance understood...why don't you try to look that up....

message 8: by Melanie (new)

offended? not at all. i was actually happy that i learned this about crows, cause I'm a fan of vampire diaries (hence this club), and learning facts behind some of the details in the series are actually fun. and thanks for calling me ignorant?

message 9: by Melanie (new)

oh and why did u delete the comment with the info? its useful for other members if they want to learn more about why damon is a crow.

message 10: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria I think Damon picked a crow/raven beacuse it's what his personilty is...

message 11: by Melanie (new)

Deep down (especially if you read the latest book, he is actually somewhat good. Maybe.

message 12: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria Nicki wrote: "Deep down (especially if you read the latest book, he is actually somewhat good. Maybe."

I think from his past is making him not be able to express himself too well... I agree that he is good in his own way...

message 13: by Melanie (new)

Christabella wrote: "Nicki wrote: "Deep down (especially if you read the latest book, he is actually somewhat good. Maybe."

I think from his past is making him not be able to express himself too well... I agree that..."

Yeah, he is good to people he cares about.

message 14: by Black Queen (new)

Black Queen (blackqueen) | 17 comments the crow suits him