Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Themes > Hero That Plays Sports

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4132 comments Mod
I have a few books where the hero plays sports. (Football, baseball, race cars). I haven't read them yet. Just recently gotten them a couple of weeks ago.

I have never came across a book, where the hero was a gladiator or wrestler. lol, last night, while I was watching Bones, the wrestling commerical came on, where the men are jumping from a rope. Not the rope on the ring, but a rope high above the ring. It's some kind of rope match that will be taking place soon.

Anyway, I had to laugh, when I have imagined a hero being a wrestler and jumping from a rope.

Do you know of any non-erotic books, where the hero plays sports? Please list the type of sport he plays and the book's genre.

message 2: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
Nobody's Baby But Mine by S E Phillips
Contemporary Romance, football from her Chicago Stars Series (but this is the only one I've read of the series)
Flat-Out Sexy and Hard and Fast by Erin McCarthy Contemporary Romance (steamy), racecar drivers
See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson Contemporary Romance, hockey, there are other books she has written that feature hockey players but not really considered a series.

message 3: by Arch (new)

Pamela wrote: "Nobody's Baby But Mine by S E Phillips
Contemporary Romance, football from her Chicago Stars Series (but this is the only one I've read of the series)
Flat-Out Sexy an..."

Thanks Pamela.

message 4: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments Lori Foster has a whole series about wrestler's/max fighting that is really a hoot! And somehow still sexy . . . I actually enjoy the sports hero books, but like them "chic-lite" (ie: SEP's series, Deidre Martin and most especially, Pamela Britton's NASCAR series - and yes, I said NASCAR). But for me, those bad boys aren't so much HEROs as just main characters. They're not all about saving the world, IMHO.

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments I love Lori Foster's Fight series. I just bought the newest book, Back In Black. Deidre Martin's Hockey series is good, so is SEP's football series. I also like Kate Angell's baseball series.

message 6: by Arch (new)

A hero to me, walk in many shoes.

I don't see a Navy Seal being more than an IT guy. Both men are heroes to me.

message 7: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments Arch, I didn't mean it that way, just that the books aren't usually geared towards having a hero of any kind save the day, just a hunky bad boy living the sports/post-sports life and falling in love. I only mentioned hero because of the topic heading, meaning my sports-themed stories weren't in the nature of a hero saves the world. Maybe I should just shut up . . . *finally closes mouth*

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments A Navy Seal is NOTHING like an IT guy. LOL!

message 9: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments Debbie wrote: "I love Lori Foster's Fight series. I just bought the newest book, Back In Black. Deidre Martin's Hockey series is good, so is SEP's football series. I also like Kate Angell's baseball series."

Ohhh! Thanks for a new author suggestion!

message 10: by Arch (new)

Cindi wrote: "Arch, I didn't mean it that way, just that the books aren't usually geared towards having a hero of any kind save the day, just a hunky bad boy living the sports/post-sports life and falling in lov..."

No Cindi. You don't have to shut up. Please don't.

You have an opinion. Stand on it.

message 11: by Arch (new)

Debbie,

But, a IT can take down the bad guys too.

message 12: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments True, but still a major difference between the 2 LOL!.

message 13: by Arch (new)

Debbie wrote: "True, but still a major difference between the 2 LOL!."

An IT can be tough too. :)

message 14: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments I guess LOL!

message 15: by Arch (new)

Debbie wrote: "I guess LOL!"

lol

message 16: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 411 comments SEP's Chicago Stars series: football stars

message 17: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 272 comments I loved the Chicago Stars series!!

I've just started reading The Pacific Heat Baseball series by Jill Shalvis and the Fast Track racing series by Erin McCarthy.
I've been reading New York Blades Hockey series by Deirdre Martin and the Richmond Rogues Baseball series by Kate Angell

message 18: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Dec 08, 2010 08:27AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 9731 comments Mod
I keep telling myself to read more books with sports heroes. I guess because I'm not a big sports fan, I don't gravitate to them. I am interested in reading about hockey heroes because I find their wildness sexy. I also like baseball, in theory, although I don't watch it much. I am not a football fan, at all, so I guess I don't relish reading about football heroes very much. Although I did enjoy the SEP books, and I've read a few ex-player hero books.

message 19: by Shellbelle (new)

Shellbelle  | 161 comments Rachel Gibson has a Hockey Series (I think the team is Chinhooks!) They are sooooo good, some of my favorite books ever! I think they are every bit as good as the Chicago Stars Series:)

Here is the Order...I think:/

Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team, #1) by Rachel Gibson See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2) by Rachel Gibson The Trouble With Valentine's Day (Chinooks Hockey Team, #3) by Rachel Gibson True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team, #4) by Rachel Gibson Nothing But Trouble (Chinooks Hockey Team, #5) by Rachel Gibson Any Man of Mine (Chinooks Hockey Team, #6) by Rachel Gibson

message 20: by Arch (new)

Thanks Shellbelle.

message 21: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 411 comments Deirdre Martin has a hockey series too:-D New York Blades.. I've only read the first, and it was actually pretty good:-D
Body Check (New York Blades, #1) by Deirdre Martin Fair Play (New York Blades, #2) by Deirdre Martin Total Rush (New York Blades, #3) by Deirdre Martin The Penalty Box (New York Blades, #4) by Deirdre Martin Hot Ticket (contains New York Blades #5) by Deirdre Martin Chasing Stanley (New York Blades, #6) by Deirdre Martin Just A Taste (New York Blades, #7) by Deirdre Martin Power Play (New York Blades, #8) by Deirdre Martin

message 22: by Arch (new)

I have two of those books Melanie.

Chasing Stanley and Power Play. I haven't read any of them yet.

message 23: by Shellbelle (new)

Shellbelle  | 161 comments I have all of the New York Blade series but I haven't read them yet! Does anyone know if they are as good as the Rachel Gibson books?

message 24: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 411 comments Shellbelle wrote: "I have all of the New York Blade series but I haven't read them yet! Does anyone know if they are as good as the Rachel Gibson books?"

Hmm... based on the only one I read, I don't think so, but it was pretty good:-)

message 25: by Shellbelle (new)

Shellbelle  | 161 comments Thanks, I might just give it a try. Have you read Rachel Gibson? I really love her, and havn't been able to find many authors like her:(

message 26: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 12 comments I have read them all and they are similar, although the last 2 books were just ok for me.

message 27: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 411 comments Shellbelle wrote: "Thanks, I might just give it a try. Have you read Rachel Gibson? I really love her, and havn't been able to find many authors like her:("

Yes for RG, but while they were good, I don't remember rushing out and reading all of them... Have you tried Susan Elizabeth Phillips' Chicago Stars? A little more angsty, but really good!

message 28: by Shellbelle (new)

Shellbelle  | 161 comments I have read Susan Elizabeth Phillips! and her Chicago Stars were my fav from her, I love her! But I don't know what it is, I adore Rachel Gibson:) I did rush out and read all of them!!!

message 29: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 12 comments Yeah, i don't remember running for them either. It was more like i had them so i started reading. Then i needed to catch up or else my OCD would go bunkers.

message 30: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Jaci Burton has a series with athlete heros.

The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci Burton Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2) by Jaci Burton and "Taking a Shot" (not yet listed).

message 31: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
Those covers are so yummilicious!

message 32: by Shellbelle (new)

Shellbelle  | 161 comments AlbertaJenn wrote: "Jaci Burton has a series with athlete heros.

The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci Burton Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2) by Jaci Burton and "Taking a Shot" (not yet listed)."

Have you read the Perfect Play yet? was it any good? I have it, I just havn't read it yet (but that cover....YUM)

message 33: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Shellbelle wrote: "AlbertaJenn wrote: "Jaci Burton has a series with athlete heros.

The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci Burton Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2) by Jaci Burton and "Taking a Shot" (not yet listed)."

Have you rea..."

Yeah, I love Jaci Burton. The story is hot, and Mick is a sweetie. A great read.

message 34: by Shellbelle (new)

Shellbelle  | 161 comments Okay you convinced me...I'll stop just drooling over the cover and actually read the book:)

message 35: by Shellbelle (new)

Shellbelle  | 161 comments I think this series was mentioned earlier but since the newest one is being released in a week I thought that I would post them and pimp them out a little! LOL I love anything Erin McCarthy, and even though this series isn't my fav I still really enjoyed it!

Erin McCarthy Fast Track Series
Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) by Erin McCarthy Hard and Fast (Fast Track, #2) by Erin McCarthy Hot Finish (Fast Track, #3) by Erin McCarthy
And The newest one being released is The Chase (Fast Track, #4) by Erin McCarthy

message 36: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 252 comments Shellbelle wrote: "I think this series was mentioned earlier but since the newest one is being released in a week I thought that I would post them and pimp them out a little! LOL I love anything Erin McCarthy, and ev..."

Oooh! I'm reading this series next month. Can't wait...

message 37: by Shellbelle (new)

Shellbelle  | 161 comments Wan "Artemis", the Dark-Hunters' Goddess wrote: "Shellbelle wrote: "I think this series was mentioned earlier but since the newest one is being released in a week I thought that I would post them and pimp them out a little! LOL I love anything Er..."

YAY! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did? Have you read anything by Erin McCarthy before or will this be your first? She is one of my fav. authors:)

message 38: by Athena (new)

Athena (athytee) | 28 comments Melanie wrote: "Deirdre Martin has a hockey series too:-D New York Blades.. I've only read the first, and it was actually pretty good:-D
Body Check (New York Blades, #1) by Deirdre MartinFair Play (New York Blades, #2) by Deirdre Martin[bookcover:Total R..."

Shellbelle wrote: "Rachel Gibson has a Hockey Series (I think the team is Chinhooks!) They are sooooo good, some of my favorite books ever! I think they are every bit as good as the Chicago Stars Series:)

Here is..."

OMG OMG OMG OMG HOCKEY ROMANCE NOVELS!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU LADIES!!!!!!!!! *adds all to TBR list*

message 39: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katdylan) Bella Andre has a football series, more than yummy.
The Bad Boys of Football!!!!

Game for Anything (Bad Boys of Football, #1) by Bella Andre Game for Seduction (Bad Boys of Football, #2) by Bella Andre Game For Love (Bad Boys of Football, #3) by Bella Andre

#1 & #2 are HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!!

And here is the cover of the Play by play series by Jaci Burton:
Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3) by Jaci Burton

*Moment to recover from all the hotness in these covers!!

message 40: by Athena (new)

Athena (athytee) | 28 comments Dyllan aka ~Whycked Hharmohny~ wrote: "Taking a Shot"

OMG I SEE A SKATE. IT MUST BE A HOCKEY STORY! *dies again*

message 41: by Shellbelle (new)

Shellbelle  | 161 comments Dyllan is right the Bad Boys of Football are Yummy! And I can't wait for Jaci Burton's Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3) by Jaci Burton Freaking love that cover!!!!

message 42: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katdylan) Athena wrote: "Dyllan aka ~Whycked Hharmohny~ wrote: "Taking a Shot"

OMG I SEE A SKATE. IT MUST BE A HOCKEY STORY! *dies again*"

How many lives do you have Athena? LMAO!

YES, that's a skate!!!!
And YES!! That's a hockey story.
And YES!! That guy is smoking HOOOT!!!!

Bad news? It only comes out next year!! :(

message 43: by Athena (new)

Athena (athytee) | 28 comments Dyllan aka ~Whycked Hharmohny~ wrote: "Athena wrote: "Dyllan aka ~Whycked Hharmohny~ wrote: "Taking a Shot"

OMG I SEE A SKATE. IT MUST BE A HOCKEY STORY! *dies again*"

How many lives do you have Athena? LMAO!

YES, th..."

I *thudded* when I saw the cover. I'm a great big ol' hockey fan... I didn't even THINK to look for romance novels with hockey as a theme.. shit!! I have 392837429384293874.3 lives left. My text message alert is a Mario Coin. Every day I gain a life. :)

message 44: by ~Megan~ (new)

You will love Rachel Gibson's Chinook books, Athena.....my personal fave is See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2) by Rachel Gibson because Luc Martineau is one of the sexiest guys I've ever read about.

message 45: by Athena (last edited Jun 23, 2011 12:08PM) (new)

Athena (athytee) | 28 comments ~Megan~ wrote: "You will love Rachel Gibson's Chinook books, Athena.....my personal fave is See Jane Score (Chinooks Hockey Team, #2) by Rachel Gibson because Luc Martineau is one of the sexiest guys I've ever read about."

I've add them to my TBR list. I can't wait to read them!!!!!!

--edit Just downloaded them! Gonna start them this weekend while I'm in the Florida Keys!

message 46: by Shellbelle (new)

Shellbelle  | 161 comments See Jane score is amazing! Love Luc's tattoo ;)grrrr, I also love The Trouble With Valentine's Day (Chinooks Hockey Team, #3) by Rachel Gibson Rob is one sexy hockey player:D! and he has an even bigger tattoo!!!LOL

message 47: by ~Megan~ (new)

I have dreams about Luc's tattoo......it is just super hot to me!

message 48: by Athena (last edited Jun 24, 2011 08:51AM) (new)

Athena (athytee) | 28 comments You ladies are making me want to stop reading Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh and start that series RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

message 49: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katdylan) Luc's tattoo is hot. And the place where is located...
*licking lips*

lol

message 50: by Athena (new)

Athena (athytee) | 28 comments Dyllan aka ~Whycked Hharmohny~ wrote: "Luc's tattoo is hot. And the place where is located...
*licking lips*

lol"

You guys are so bad. Taunting me!

« previous 1