What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Forgotten Book - Family of all girls - Textile Warehouse/factory Ending in a Fire [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carra (new)

Carra (xxperksxx) | 2 comments Unfortunately, I can't think of the title of the book and I'll randomly get flash rememberings of the book...here's what I can remember.

Set back in the olden days in a farm far from the town. Family with a couple of girls. One of the younger sisters wants to go to school and her teacher convinces her dad to let her go but she has to walk miles to school. Older sister gets married and moves to town so the younger sister moves in with the older sister. Smart sister eventually marries a friend of the family and they have a textile warehouse/factory that eventually burns down.

Does any of this sound familiar?

message 2: by J (new)

J (julip) | 57 comments I just read that book!
Adriana Trigiani's THE QUEEN OF THE BIG TIME

message 3: by Carra (new)

Carra (xxperksxx) | 2 comments Thanks J! I don't even remember reading that book...so weird. I was thinking it might be by Adriana Trigiani, but I was like "no, thats not the plot to Big Stone Gap!" So weird...maybe I read the book by osmosis...

message 4: by J (new)

J (julip) | 57 comments Yahoo, my first solve! I too was trying to recall where I had just read this, as I don't own it and did not check it out from the library. I finally concluded it must have been in a Reader's Digest Condensed, which I had read at my mom's.