Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Themes > Chick Lit IR Books

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6601 comments Mod
I like reading Chick Lit/Humor books. I would like to read one that's interracial. A BWWM book, if I could. If not, it could be another pairing.

Do you know if interracial books comes in Chick Lit/Humor?

message 2: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
I'm reading one right now. Dorothy Koomson's The Chocolate Run. It's pretty cute! Kind of reminds me a bit of Bridget Jones only with a BF main character. It's also BWWM. I wouldn't mind seeing this as a BBC series. :-)

I would love to know of anymore books like this. I wish I could find a BWWM version of Whitney Gaskell's Pushing 30, complete with the older hero. I really liked that book.

message 3: by Arch , Mod (new)

Thanks Rae. I hope I can get my hands of The Chocolate Run.

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina | 8 comments The closest ones I've found have been light mystery books that include a romantic interest for the main female character.

Kyra Davis' Sophie Katz series which begins with Sex, Murder And A Double Latte, is definitely funny chick lit. Sophie is biracial but identifies as black. Her love interest is a Russian PI named Anatoly. They just meet in the first book and are adversaries who are attracted to each other. They are officially together by the third book, if I remember correctly.

There is also Jill Brock's Maggie and Odessa series which starts with Pennywise. Odessa who is black is the main character. Her best friend Maggie is white. They get sucked into a solving a mystery involving Maggie's husband. These are laugh out loud as far as I am concerned as some of the things Maggie and Odessa do are very Lucy & Ethel-ish. Also Odessa starts a IR romance with a cute lawyer.

I also like IR chick lit and would welcome other recommendations, as well.

I actually own The Chocolate Run so I might have to pull that out of the pile.

message 5: by Arch , Mod (new)

Tina wrote: "The closest ones I've found have been light mystery books that include a romantic interest for the main female character.

Kyra Davis' Sophie Katz series which begins with [book:Sex, Murder And A D..."

Thanks Tina.

Chick Lit can be funny.

message 6: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Where can I find Chocolate Run?
Thanks guys

message 7: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Tina wrote: "The closest ones I've found have been light mystery books that include a romantic interest for the main female character.

Kyra Davis' Sophie Katz series which begins with [book:Sex, Murder And A D..."

Russian PI you say???

Woo hoo! Now I have to definitely check those out. They've been sitting on the backburner waiting their turn patiently. Must grab Pennywise too since I heard that was pretty good and I'm a hardcore Lucy fan. :-D

Sigh. So many books, etc, etc.

Btw, I got my copy of Chocolate Run off ebay...I think.

Eugenia, was it The Book Depository?

message 8: by Tina (new)

Tina | 8 comments I got Chocolate Run via Amazom.com marketplace. There are a bunch of used bookstores and independent booksellers who sell through Amazon. I use them all the time. If something goes funky with the sale, Amazon is usually good for it.

message 9: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Eugenia wrote: "Rae wrote: "Tina wrote: "The closest ones I've found have been light mystery books that include a romantic interest for the main female character.

Kyra Davis' Sophie Katz series which begins wit..."

Awesome! I agree, they're a pretty good online shop.

message 10: by Robin (new)

Robin  (robin-alisha) | 209 comments I just wanted to say thanks for the recs. I like Chick Lit a lot too. I'm currently reading a lot of Dorothy Koomson's books right. (For anyone who is curious, I got her books from Amazon.) The other books sound interesting too.

Does anyone know of any authors similar to Dorothy Koomson though? Thanks.

message 11: by Robin (new)

Robin  (robin-alisha) | 209 comments Bumping this in case anyone has any other recs for books.

Monica **can't read fast enough** (wwwgoodreadscomuser_monlat) | 895 comments Just discovered this thread! I am looking up all of the recs-thanks ladies!

message 13: by Kim (new)

Kim (kimgm) | 1032 comments If you can find it, you should try His Insignificant Other by Karen Siplin. The main couple is not IR, but another man enters the scene (who is white) who makes the heroine question her relationship.

Monica **can't read fast enough** (wwwgoodreadscomuser_monlat) | 895 comments Kim wrote: "If you can find it, you should try His Insignificant Other by Karen Siplin. The main couple is not IR, but another man enters the scene (who is white) who makes the heroine question her relationship."

Thanks Kim-I'll check it out.

message 15: by Msfoxypapa (new)

Msfoxypapa (anike) | 2 comments I also like chick-lit. Any recommendations that fits this theme is appreciated. Thx

message 16: by Tina (new)

Tina | 8 comments These are books that I classify as Chick Lit that feature IR romances:

I Love My Fire by Sabrina Lacey - NYC, Sex In The City type of story 4 friends each have separate books that run concurrently. This one follows a black heroine.

Autumn and Summer by Danielle Allen - we follow two BFFs as they search for Mr. Right

Passport Diaries by Tamara Gregory - LA Lawyer goes on a European vacation only to find that her true love was right beside her all along

25 to Love! by Joye Johnson - Like 'The Bachelor' only better.

Postcards From Last Summer by Roz Bailey - Four BFFs (one of whom is black) find love in the Hamptons.