Private Series discussion

Scandal SPOILERS!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) So I just finished reading the book and thought I would share my opinions, and then hear what you guys have to say.

First, I hate Reed. I hated her throughout most of this book (which sucks because I normally like her).
I hated how she would never take anything Noelle said seriously just because she likes to prove to Noelle that she can be the leader. It gets on my freakin' nerves.
I also hated Reed's obsession with Josh throughout this whole book. And how she rationalized it all in her mind. What she and Josh did was not okay and it made me hate both characters. And then how Ivy came back like it was all okay at the end of the book bothered me too. That was a way out of character move for Ivy. Yelling that she should have never trusted a Billings Girl, that was spot on, but the whole "oh, it was really my fault" is bullshit.

I did like the idea of the Billings Literary Society. I want to know who sent Reed the book. But Reeds adherence to every little detail got annoying. I don't understand how she can stand up to Noelle, even when Noelle is right (like about the meeting place and not posting the logo around campus when they are so close to getting caught and expelled) but she couldn't stand up to Ivy on this issue. Reed is like the worst friend on the planet.

Also, wondering what you guys think about the kidnapping. That sounds like a good book. I can't believe it. That scene was a little confusing. I don't understand how someone found Noelle and was able to kidnap her in the dark. But still, it looks like a great book. Any guesses on who did it? Maybe Ivy? History shows that it is Reeds closest friends who do this stuff to her. Maybe that is why Ivy uncharacteristically forgave Reed...

Well, i hope you all post thoughts soon. I logged on hoping to see some thoughts and there was none.

All in all, this book did not live up to the series. But I will definitely be reading more!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) Oops, I forgot to talk about my feelings about HH. I think he is a bastard. He is all about what matters to the students and their opinions but then he has a mandatory school dance? And the fake open door policy? He is a douche bag. And I wish that someone had called him on it.

Also, I didn't talk about how Reed crushed Sawyer. Yeah Reed, major screw up on your part. All because of your obsession with Josh. Nothing else matters in the face of true love, when it comes to Reed Brennan. It doesn't matter how many other people you hurt as long as you are with you are happy.

And what was it with Reed and Noelle's fight at the end of the book where she says that Thomas was the love of her life and Ivy asks for clarification? I thought that Reed had gotten over that whole thing. Okay, maybe after I have slept on this, I will have a more positive outlook... it is 4 am!

message 3: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) omigosh you read it?! i cant get someone to take me to the library yet!!!

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) My Name Is Meagan wrote: "omigosh you read it?! i cant get someone to take me to the library yet!!!"

I bought it on my Kindle and it downloaded before the bookstores even opened...

message 5: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) i dont like the reading books on technology thing. its not the same. and i cant get anyone to take me to the book store either. grr face.

message 6: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) | 17 comments I thought the book was pretty good. The only thing I don't like (which is with all of her books) is the huge cliff hangers at the end of the books.

I'm upset that Reed crushed Sawyers heart. He seemed like a sweet boy and I personally would have given him a chance, but I guess "true love" takes the place of any other romances.

I think Noelle has something up her sleeve, and I think that's why she is acting so weird towards Reed. I wouldn't be surprised if Noelle set up the whole "kidnapping" think herself. Or maybe one of the baduns (Ariana / Sabine etc) came back to mess with Reed.

And I seriously want to know who sent Reed the book!!!

message 7: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 27 comments I finished Scandal in one day. I loved how Reed and Josh got back together, because they're awesome together.

Noelle was pissing me off with her attitude after all her and Reed have been through together.

Reed was kind of annoying too, and I can't pinpoint exactly why.

The ending really twists things up, and I can't wait to read Vanished to find out what happened.

Constance is a frickin retard, Missy's a biotch, and Shelby is high maintenance.

All in all, I loved the book and can't wait to read more.

message 8: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) okay i read paradise lost and scandal last saturday.

i agree with courtney. reed and josh are perfect for eachother.

noelle... was being noelle. shes like that. her dad probably got to her a little bit, i thik.

i cant wait for vanished either. like, why would anyone kidnap noelle? does it have something to do with what headmaster halloway was talking about on the phone or why billings was really torn down in the first place?

reed was... OBSESSED. and she was kinda whiny. but shes still reed. billings means everything to her because its the first place she ever felt at home.

i like constance. she talks a lot bt shes really nice and she means well. missy and shelby are... blehhhh

message 9: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 104 comments Courtney wrote: "I finished Scandal in one day. I loved how Reed and Josh got back together, because they're awesome together.

Noelle was pissing me off with her attitude after all her and Reed have been through ..."

same cept 4 i liked constanceee

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lalalauren) | 4 comments I loved most of the book. But I wish at the beginning Noelle would have agreed and instead of Ivy and Reed doing the whole BLS thing together, I wish it was Noelle and Reed. I miss their strong bond before Sabine ruined it. :(

Ivy annoys me period, Reed annoyed me by not taking any of Noelle's advice into consederation.

The BLS thing sounds fishy to me. I don't know, it's a cool good idea, but I think it may be a scam or something, i don't know. Who exactly were that last members of this thing?

I love that Reed and Josh are together, they are my favorite. <3

I have no clue who took Noelle, but Reed better find her and they should bond again.

message 11: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 104 comments totalllyyyyyy:))

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (JessfromTex) personally these last two books i really did not enjoy. usually i absolutely love this series but suddenly I'm finding almost everything about them annoying. Paradise Lost was totally off-topic and predictable. Obviously it was the cops who kidnapped her and the old lady (temporarily forgot her name) who was the one behind the cops kidnapping. and also, how many things can happen to reed? several murder attempts, being kidnapped, etc. its getting a little redundant. i also dislike how reed falls in love with every guy! she's a little too young too feel such a strong bond with thomas and josh.

i found scandal very boring and uneventful. the characters really bothered me with their nagging and bickering. Noelle trying to control everything, Reed not taking any of Noelle's advice just to show her what a good leader she is, Candace being a complete loser at the trials, and Ivy forgiving Reed etc etc. What happened to this series???

message 13: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (sherrij2003) | 17 comments Guess my predictions were on the right track!!!

message 14: by Kate (new)

Kate (kathrynlouwca) Jessica wrote: "personally these last two books i really did not enjoy. usually i absolutely love this series but suddenly I'm finding almost everything about them annoying. Paradise Lost was totally off-topic and..."

I wonder the same thing. I loved this series. But it has gone downhill. I will still read them and finish the series, but I am disappointed. In the past, I rushed out the day the book came out and read it asap. Now, it is no big rush. I have started the most recent one but honestly, it isn't like it used to be. I don't like Ivy's constant snips about Noelle. I don't like the divisions because of the BLS. Read used to be about equality for all and now she is being an elitist. Annoying!

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) has anyone read ominous? holy crappsters it is SO TENSE!! its awesome though but makes more sense if you read the book of spells first.