Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Wicked Lovely Series by Melissa Marr - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments This thread is for people who would like to re-read the Wicked Lovely series before the newest book Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4) is released on: April 8th!! Also, please feel free to make comments and/or predictions about the newest book.

Please be aware, this thread WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS.

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2) by Melissa Marr Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3) by Melissa Marr Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)  by Melissa Marr

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah This series is on my to-read list, but I was wondering if it was really worth it. Any opinions?

message 3: by DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (last edited Mar 10, 2010 10:38PM) (new)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments I love this series. Marr writes dark and beautiful stories about the fae who are often more dangerous than not, and the humans that get caught up in their world.

It's not one continuous story book after book, as the central character shifts, but I really enjoyed learning more about the different characters.

I'd forgotten that Radiant Shadows was out so soon. Must go put my pre-order in... =)

message 4: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Sarah - I'll ditto DarkHeart description. These are different from your typical fantasys, more dark and dangerous, but fantastic! But I really need to make sure to at least re-read the last book before the new one. I've forgotten a lot of the details of it.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 437 comments When pre-ordering Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4), I came across this:

Stopping Time, Part 1 by Melissa Marr

Apparently it's available next week and I'd never even heard of it. I just updated the image and description from B&N info. Sounds good!

message 6: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i love this series especially the first one which so far i think its my favourite. at first i couldnt get into the whole changing characters from each book but once i got into the books i liked it. i love keenan so i do miss him when it changes over. i cant wait for RS though as now things will be getting interesting for a brilliant last book (well i hope anyways)

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Orlich Ahern (kittymeowxcore) | 65 comments I also really like this series. I've read books 1-3, and am working on their reviews for my book review site.

HONESTLY, I'm not looking forward to this book as much as I am the 5th book. I didn't love Ink Exchange. I was too attached to the characters from Wicked Lovely and Fragile Eternity. I think that Wicked Lovely was probably my favorite out of them all, but Fragile Eternity was a close second. Fragile Eternity left off with some pretty big cliff hangers. I don't think I'll re-read for Radiant Shadows.

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Orlich Ahern (kittymeowxcore) | 65 comments DarkHeart "Vehngeance" wrote: "When pre-ordering Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4), I came across this:

Stopping Time, Part 1 (Wicked Lovely) by Melissa Marr

Apparently it's available next week and I'd never even heard of..."

Very cool link! I wondered what happened after Ink Exchange...but didn't really want to read a big sequel about it.

message 9: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments DarkHeart - Thanks for the heads up about the ebook! I just wonder how many parts there are going to be, since that says part 1!

message 10: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments BTW, I first looked it up on Amazon and saw that it's only $0.99, but on Barnes and Noble, it's free. Just a heads up.

message 11: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I do like this series, but won't be re-reading it. Thanks for the info on the e-story and the info that it is free at B&N. I will be checking it out because like others I have wondered what happened after Ink Exchange.

message 12: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments So I just read that short story today! I really enjoyed it, but it does end on a cliffhanger and the second half of the story comes out next week. I'm really interested in seeing how things turn out!

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments I'm waiting for something good to happen for Niall.

message 14: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that part two of the short story will give him that! But knowing my luck, probably not! I really like Niall! And want him and Leslie to end up together.

message 15: by Kelley Anne (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments Anyone else read the short story? It did to me what 95% of all short stories do. Gave me just a taste of a good story and then left me wanting a whole lot more!

As for Radiant Shadows, when did the release date change? I thought that it was coming out on the 8th, but now it looks like it isn't coming out until the 20th! Oh well, gives me time to get my re-reads done. I've gotten distracted by a couple of other series and haven't even started my re-read of this series!