Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
This topic is about Twice Bitten
Series Discussions > Chicagoland Vampire - Chloe Neill

Comments Showing 1-50 of 211 (211 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Mariya (last edited Sep 15, 2010 09:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

message 2: by Terri (new) - added it

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 29 comments I read the first one a while back and really loved it

Terri

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i love this series. i really wanna read the third. hopefully july somes by fast.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 49 comments Ooh, I got the first two for Christmas, having heard really good things. Must read them soon!

message 5: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
I just got the first one, must read it soon as I've heard good things about them too!!

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) Jen wrote: "I just got the first one, must read it soon as I've heard good things about them too!!"

yup. they r really good. i had started reading the first one and couldnt put it down, it was so good. cant decide if i like the first or second better.

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) got really excited to hear info for the fourth book, titled, hard bitten but she said the estimated release date is july 2011...i hope she moves it up a month or 2.

message 8: by Toni (new)

Toni Almost done with book 1. Love it!

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) Toni wrote: "Almost done with book 1. Love it!"

so glad u love it. r u gonna read book 2 right after ur done wit some girls bite??

Alisha (schalazeal) | 28 comments I tell ya, I fell in love with (main character) Merit immediately. She's such a fun voice..her inner dialogues crack me up sometimes.

Stacey I love this series. Was hooked on page one of book one . Merit and mallory are sassy and badass. All the men are hot strong characters but gotta say my favoite is Catcher. Can't wait for #3!!! Only a month and a half to go :)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i cannot believe i completely forgot about the CV teaser today...head over to her blog today and i was pleased that it was an merit and ethan scene...yah! thank you so much, chloe neill!

here's the link, guys:

http://chloeneill.blogspot.com/2010/0...

message 13: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Excellent, thanks for the link Mariya!

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 276 comments I'm still not looking! You will not make me look. I'm not tempted. I'm not tempted. I'm not tempted...

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) oh. yes you are! u r very tempted. hehe.

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) 29 more days!

Alisha (schalazeal) | 28 comments Random thought here...but I wonder what happened to the model for bookcovers one and two? She kinda grew on me... :o)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) Alisha wrote: "Random thought here...but I wonder what happened to the model for bookcovers one and two? She kinda grew on me... :o)"

i knoe. i agree wit you. i love the model for book 1-2. but i dont really like the one for the third. i really wish they didnt change her.

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) neil gave us another teaser today!

http://chloeneill.blogspot.com/2010/0...

Shannon C. I just finished the third book Twice Bitten and it was really great! (My B&N copy came early.) I did a spoiler free review if you want to check it out.

I'd love to chat about it but will wait to post my questions until more people have had a chance to read it.

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) Shannon wrote: "I just finished the third book Twice Bitten and it was really great! (My B&N copy came early.) I did a spoiler free review if you want to check it out.

I'd love to chat about it but will wait to..."

u got yours already? i wonder if B&N hates me they say three day shipping...but it ends up to 4-5 day shipping. never get it on time. i really hope that it gets her tomorrow though.

Shannon C. Mariya, are you a B&N member? My order said they have a special deal going for members that members get express shipping....1-3 day delivery....I got mine in 2. The membership is really worth it. I like that the express shipping is free and I don't have to spend $25 to get it.

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) Shannon wrote: "Mariya, are you a B&N member? My order said they have a special deal going for members that members get express shipping....1-3 day delivery....I got mine in 2. The membership is really worth it. I..."

i have the barnes and nobles membership and i have 1-3 day shipping selected. too but i always seem to get it like 4-5 days. should i contact them and ask them about it?

Crystal | 6 comments hi everyone :) I just finished twice bitten and LOVED it!! I cant wait for the next one! I hope Chloe Neill moves it up a bit because I dont want to wait until July next year to read it!!!

Leigh (llogan24) well, Crystal - your wish just came true! Chloe announced earlier today on Facebook that Penguin's moved up the date of Hard Bitten from July 2011 to May 2011!! YAY!!!

Stacey well crystal feel free to voice any other wishes you have for the series. With your track record they just may come true!! Lol

Leigh (llogan24) LOL!! true! keep wishing away, Crystal! :D

Crystal | 6 comments OH YAY!!!! Today must be my lucky day!!! :) Stacey while im at it ill put in my wish that Ethan and Merit get together ;)

Leigh (llogan24) YAY!!! i like that wish, too!! ;)

Stacey yeah I'd say that's a pretty good wish :) any falling stars tonight? Couldn't hurt ;)

Crystal | 6 comments Im glad you agree!!! Its great to have found this site! None of my friends are readers so I cant talk about my obsession with them :)

Leigh (llogan24) Crystal - there is also a Chicagoland Vampires group here on Goodreads that you can join to talk about all things CLV.

Crystal | 6 comments Really? Im still finding my way around here so I will see if i can find it :)

Crystal | 6 comments Thanks :)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) HARD BITTEN COVER REVEALED!!!

Alisha (schalazeal) | 28 comments yaaaahooo! thanks for sharing, Mariya!

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i knoe. i think its beautiful and the best cover in the series so far.

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) The Synopsis of HARD BITTEN!

Times are hard for newly minted vampire Merit. Ever since shapeshifters announced their presence to the world, humans have been rallying against supernaturals--and they're camping outside of Cadogan House with protest signs that could turn to pitchforks at any moment. Inside its doors, things between Merit and her Master, green-eyed heartbreaker Ethan Sullivan are ... tense. But then the mayor of Chicago calls Merit and Ethan to a clandestine meeting and tells them about a violent vampattack that has left three women missing. His message is simple: get your House in order. Or else.

Merit needs to get to the bottom of this crime, but it doesn't help that she can't tell who's on her side. So she secretly calls in a favor from someone who's tall, dark, and part of underground vamp group that may have some deep intel on the attack. Merit soon finds herself in theheady, dark heart of Chicago's supernatural society--a world full of vampires who seem to ready to fulfill the protesting human's worst fears, and a place where she'll learn that you can't be a vampire without getting a little blood on your hands...

and relase date May 3, 2011

chloe's blog post: http://chloeneill.blogspot.com/2010/1...

Regina (reginar) First chapter for Hard Bitten is posted: http://chloeneill.com/hb_first.htm

Schelle | 46 comments Regina wrote: "First chapter for Hard Bitten is posted: http://chloeneill.com/hb_first.htm"

thanks for this - I love this series, in fact I'll enjoy rereading so I'm ready for Hard Bitten to come out.

message 42: by Jennifer (last edited Feb 16, 2011 06:15AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer (thebooknympho) Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5) by Chloe Neill

DRINK DEEP
Chicagoland Vampires: Book Five
November 2011

Clouds are brewing over Cadogan House, and recently turned vampire Merit can't tell if this is the darkness before the dawn or the calm before the storm. With the city itself in turmoil over paranormals and the state threatening to pass a paranormal registration act, times haven't been this precarious for vampires since they came out of the closet. If only they could lay low for a bit, and let the mortals calm down.

That's when the waters of Lake Michigan suddenly turn pitch black-and things really start getting ugly.

Chicago's mayor insists it's nothing to worry about, but Merit knows only the darkest magic could have woven a spell powerful enough to change the very fabric of nature. She'll have to turn to friends old and new to find out who's behind this, and stop them before it's too late for vampires and humans alike.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I love how it's book 5 and she's still "recently turned."

Laraine (lala26) I'm currently in the middle of Friday Night Bites and this love triangle is starting to look a lot like the one in Fever series. Is it all angst all the way in the following books? lol :p

Fangs for the Fantasy | 13 comments I quite like this series but I do find a lot of the characters off. I don't think Merit is nearly as intelligent as she's painted to be. She tends to have relatively simple ideas and everyone treats it as genius

I also don't like Ethan. He doesn't act his age - he allows Merit's human father to intimidate him. No-one seems to act their ages

Nice series but it has a lot of niggles for me

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) Fangs for the Fantasy wrote: "I quite like this series but I do find a lot of the characters off. I don't think Merit is nearly as intelligent as she's painted to be. She tends to have relatively simple ideas and everyone treat..."

I think this series is so-so. It's not one where I'm on pins and needles waiting for the next book. I discovered it only a short time ago, so I was able to read the books fairly close together. However, I won't be rushing out to get the next book. This series just doesn't do it for me.

Merit comes off as a bit of a twit and Ethan gets on my last nerve with his hot/cold routine.

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 468 comments I have read the first but not the rest and I really got in to it :)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Biting Cold is up for August!!

Spoilers:

Yep, reminding you guys to utilize the power of (view spoiler) tags. Remember some people have not even read book 1 or 2, or 3, or . . . you get the picture. Please don't spoil things for other readers.

If you don't know how to use the spoiler tags ask. Or click on the (some html is ok) on the upper right corner of the comment box.

Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires #6) by Chloe Neill

message 49: by Toni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Toni | 4 comments i have been waiting all year for this book i am now counting down the days :)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments I'm only up to book 3, but I've been waiting for this one to come out first before I devour them.

« previous 1 3 4 5