Anime Lovers discussion

Japanese stuff > Japanese music

Comments Showing 1-50 of 203 (203 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Soon-yiHearto (new)

Soon-yiHearto | 313 comments What's ur favorite japanese music?

Who's your favorite band or singer?

message 2: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (otakuninja) | 73 comments Anyoneherd of the leetstreet boys?

message 3: by Soon-yiHearto (new)

Soon-yiHearto | 313 comments No but have you heard of hearts grow??

message 4: by Bianca (new)

Bianca (otakuninja) | 73 comments No, are they any good?

Yuri the Only One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=189QST... Hehe.

message 5: by Paige (new)

Paige (silentamaya) | 11 comments My favorite Japanese singers are Utada Hikaru and Yui.

One of my favorite American singers (well technically she's Canadian) has incorporated some Japanese music into some of her songs.

message 6: by Soon-yiHearto (new)

Soon-yiHearto | 313 comments I like utada hikaru and yui too but I can't find any of her songs well the ones I like on YouTube without people dubbing her.

message 7: by Soon-yiHearto (new)

Soon-yiHearto | 313 comments Greek Ninjaful wrote: "No, are they any good?

Yuri the Only One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=189QST... Hehe."

Yeah they sing narutos 9th opening yura yura

message 8: by Paige (new)

Paige (silentamaya) | 11 comments Punk J wrote: "I like utada hikaru and yui too but I can't find any of her songs well the ones I like on YouTube without people dubbing her."

I've got all of Yui's songs, if you want I can e-mail you the ones you want?

message 9: by Soon-yiHearto (new)

Soon-yiHearto | 313 comments Maybe and thanks

message 10: by Paige (new)

Paige (silentamaya) | 11 comments Your welcome

message 11: by Paige (new)

Paige (silentamaya) | 11 comments I'm actually making a video using Yui's "Happy Birthday To You, You" for my friend's birthday :)

message 12: by Bianca (last edited Mar 10, 2010 04:00PM) (new)

Bianca (otakuninja) | 73 comments Punk J wrote: "Greek Ninjaful wrote: "No, are they any good?

Yeah they sing narutos 9th opening yura yura"

Haha cools

Greek Ninjaful wrote: "No, are they any good?

I forgot to say that they arent japanese, but hve lots of video game and anime references XD

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) | 62 comments I love Utada's work on the theme song for Kingdom Hearts, it was the first song I ever heard from a Japanese artist.

message 14: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ (last edited Apr 05, 2010 05:20PM) (new)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) | 1328 comments Mod
T-T I feel sorry for you Devan, Utada-san was your first Japanese Artist...

But I had it worse out, I heard a bunch of J-rock songs as a child and can't remember one of them. My first...hmm...I think my first that I can remember was Every Heart by BoA.
But I'm not picky, I like tons, Anime, Video Games, and especially the bands...>^^<

message 15: by Prima (new)

Prima (ancafeninja) I'm not sure what my favorite artists are at the moment...I like Utada and Yui in general, but I've been listening to a lot of Korean music...
so Tohoshinki and Big Bang, who are Korean artists that expanded into the Japanese music industry. Their songs are great. ^.^

message 16: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ (last edited Apr 06, 2010 06:05PM) (new)

Ican't think of any favorites, I like some songs from some bands, but I tend to dislike their other songs...

I think I'll start with Gazette and L.M.C.

message 17: by Paige (new)

Paige (silentamaya) | 11 comments I found a Taiwanese song "Chou Nan Ren" by Yida Huang. It's the opening theme for the Taiwanese drama Devil Beside You which is based off the Japanese manga The Devil Does Exist. I've been watching the drama and it's really good.

message 18: by Naomi (new)

Naomi Terpening Chieko Kawabe

message 19: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ (new)

Yoko Takahashi Xp

message 20: by Prima (new)

Prima (ancafeninja) Gnomy wrote: "Chieko Kawabe"
She sang "Sakura Kiss", deshou? I love that song! :3

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) | 62 comments From Ouran? I like the end theme song better, but that's a really good one I agree.

message 22: by Naomi (new)

Naomi Terpening Ya, she did sing Sakura Kiss. That's what got me hooked, but I got a lot of other good songs from her too like Cry Baby, Candy Baby, and Be Your Girl.

message 23: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ (last edited Apr 09, 2010 07:25PM) (new)

Shimamiya Eiko

>^^< I like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) | 62 comments I checked some of the bands you guys wrote and I would have to agree most with Prima's taste in music(And I'm in no way a boyband fan) Also MOVE OVER Bill Kaulitz your not the only one with giant crazy hair!
So its
Big Bang-really like english lyrics
Tohoshinki, Utada, GazettE, L.M.C, Yida Huang
Chieko Kawabe- whats with the frogsuit in sakura kiss?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_4QnL...
Also from Ouran I really like Vic Mignogna's song Shissou
This list is just based off one song I heard not even all the way through for each artist, so I could change my mind.

message 25: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ (last edited Apr 12, 2010 07:37PM) (new)

English remakes of Japanese songs don't count.
I sadly get nightmares from the English remake of Sakura Kiss.

Hohoemi no Bakudan(A Smile That's a Bomb(also known as Smiling Bomb)) sung by Mawatari Matsuko. (I'm okay with the english version, but this one is better).

message 26: by Naomi (new)

Naomi Terpening Devan wrote: "I checked some of the bands you guys wrote and I would have to agree most with Prima's taste in music(And I'm in no way a boyband fan) Also MOVE OVER Bill Kaulitz your not the only one with giant c..."

Ya, I know what you mean about Chieko Kawabe's clothes in her videos. In my opinion, she's always wearing something pretty out there. I just like her for the music.

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) | 62 comments I said I liked Big Bangs English lyrics, only because I was watching this one music video where their speaking Korean when the guy who hasn't said saying just starts singing in English. The guy who sang in English reminds me of Mello from Death Note.

message 28: by Prima (last edited Apr 19, 2010 04:21PM) (new)

Prima (ancafeninja) Devan, Crazy Chic wrote: "I checked some of the bands you guys wrote and I would have to agree most with Prima's taste in music(And I'm in no way a boyband fan) Also MOVE OVER Bill Kaulitz your not the only one with giant c..."
haha thx for liking my taste!

And, haha, I forgot to say, after all this GazettE and LM.C fandom ^^;...

I am a huge visual kei fan. An Cafe, GazettE, 12012, LM.C, VAMPS, Miyavi, Alice Nine, Kagrra, Ayabie, Versailles, Duel Jewel....my hands are hurting now so I will stop. :] you get the idea haha.

I think the first artist that got me into J-pop was Ai Otsuka(song "planetarium" in hana yori dango drama). I've been listening to anime music since forever, though.

I also like the softer rock stuff like orange range and aqua timez. uverworld...

message 29: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ (new)

O_O I forgot Alice Nine!
Wakeshima Kanon, Savage Genius, Yuria Yato, EXILE, Oku Hanako, and SquaDus...there, I had to dig in a section of my computer for those.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

hmm. i love DBSK and i recently heard a sond by super junior that i like, oops those are both korean.

message 31: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ (last edited May 02, 2010 08:02PM) (new)

Super Junior...and all it's around eight members...
I found the dance to Sorry Sorry being done by one person...I plan to try and learn it over the summer.

I think the problem is Korean has catchy songs with catchy dances.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

i know right! sorry sorry is the song i like by super junior right now. are there any other ones i should hear?

message 33: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ (new)

...From them?
Or others like Brown Eyed Girl by Sign...

I haven't heard much of Super Junior's music though...

message 34: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ (new)

Super Junior's song Super Girl is pretty good...O_O I forgot it existed.

message 35: by Alienne (new)

Alienne | 39 comments Yui's 'Love and Truth' is pretty good...I like the 'Bacchikoi' ending to Naruto, but that's partly because of the dance. xD And DBSK is fantastic, but of course they're Korean.
'Suigintou no Yoru' and 'Crush The World Down' (character songs for Uryu Ishida and Ulquiorra from Bleach, respectively) are both good, too.

Devan, Sarcasm Expert (CuriousCat) | 62 comments From Bleach I like ichirin no hana, *tonight tonight tonight,(*super love) and alones.

message 37: by Alienne (new)

Alienne | 39 comments Just rediscovered the incredible awesomeness that is Nightmare-The World and Alumina ROCK.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

:)

message 39: by Junella (new)

Junella | 1 comments Oooh, you guys have great taste in music!! My favorites are SCANDAL, Yuna Ito and Kanon Wakeshima.

message 40: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ (last edited May 17, 2010 04:58PM) (new)

Sadly everything I'm listening to now is Korean, like Clazzquai...I also like they're English versions of some songs.

message 41: by Alienne (new)

Alienne | 39 comments Just found another awesome Jpop band (well, it's only 2 guys, but still). The Seekers-I recommend 'Gather Roses' and 'Sleepless Beauty'. The singer's voice is a bit of an acquired taste, but the songs are catchy and he is GORGEOUS. Like, literally, he looks like a girl. Watch the Gather Roses vid. I dare you to disagree with that statement then. xD

message 42: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ (last edited May 17, 2010 07:03PM) (new)

Meh, he looks like a girl...but not really that gorgeous...>_> But then again gorgeous isn't my thing, I like cute things/people more.

message 43: by Alienne (new)

Alienne | 39 comments Yeah, extremely girly. I've heard several people say Gackt is more, er, effeminate, but...well, I had a much easier time figuring out Gackt's gender than the Seekers guy's.

message 44: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ (new)

I could tell by small features...but then again when I first saw him I thought he was a flat cheasted Tifa...>_< Who is my least favorite FFVII character...

message 45: by Prima (new)

Prima (ancafeninja) Is anyone going to Fanime? LM.C and Flow is going to be there. :D I'm really excited.

message 46: by Alienne (new)

Alienne | 39 comments Tetsu, ha ha, yeah, I can see it. On that note, am I the only one who thinks that Gackt looks like a Cloud Strife cosplayer in the Vanilla music video? xD
Prima...what is Fanime? (That probably answers your question, lol.)

message 47: by Prima (new)

Prima (ancafeninja) FanimeCon...anime convention in San Jose. :/

message 48: by Alienne (new)

Alienne | 39 comments Ah. Thanks. ^^ Anime conventions are so much fun, ne?

message 49: by Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥), /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ (last edited May 19, 2010 03:55PM) (new)

>_> I can't afford to go to one...especially now that I don't have a job and won't until hopefully the summer of 2011...
So I'm broke until then.

The closest to where I live is Sakura-Con but it takes place during the school year...

« previous 1 3 4 5