Cynthia's Book Club discussion

Next month's book!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (cynali) | 23 comments Mod
Please add any books you are interested in reading and discussing for next month! A week before I will post a poll (which will be on the right side of the screen) so that we can vote on which book we want to read!

message 2: by Cynthia (new)

I say The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger, I loved the movie and I hear that the book was really good!

message 3: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (thecliquelover20) | 5 comments I dont really know... but I will make sure to think about it 24/7/365

message 4: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (thecliquelover20) | 5 comments but i think devil werass prada soounds cool too

message 5: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (thecliquelover20) | 5 comments I also heard that the hunger games was good and maybe The truth about forever by SArah DEssen
I might just start putting random names of books because I have to go to my list and back
tee hee

message 6: by Cynthia (new)

hehehe... I hear you... I heard that hunger games was really good.... how bout through the looking glass?

message 7: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (thecliquelover20) | 5 comments The mysterious Benedict Society
What the Dickens

message 8: by Cynthia (new)

Maggie wrote: "The mysterious Benedict Society
What the Dickens"

You read those already!

message 9: by Enedina (new)

Enedina (msemunoz) | 1 comments Three Cups of Tea. Been wanting to read it. Just an idea

message 10: by Cynthia (new)

I hear that three cup of tea was good!

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (srambo92) | 12 comments I recommend A Thousand Splendid Suns. it is amazing and it would be a good book for discussion.

message 12: by Cynthia (new)

Three cups of tea is similar, no? we'll put it in the poll

message 13: by Cynthia (new)

Sarah, what is that book that you said was good? Through the looking glass? That one would be cool to read!

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (srambo92) | 12 comments Cynthia wrote: "Sarah, what is that book that you said was good? Through the looking glass? That one would be cool to read!"
through a glass darkly. it is reallyyy loooong tho.

message 15: by Cynthia (new)

I didn't think the prequel was long.... then I'll read that one on my own! By the way, I am posting the poll on Thursday in case there is any other book nominees!

message 16: by Cynthia (new)

Last day to add suggestions!

message 17: by Cynthia (new)

SO it is looking like a thousand splendid suns is gonna be the winner!

message 18: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (thecliquelover20) | 5 comments umm ok weell my mom has that book anyway so at least I dont have to buy one now ! :)

message 19: by Cynthia (new)

Well that's good!

message 20: by Maria (new)

Maria (blueduckylove) | 3 comments So what are we reading??? I started the rescue by Nicholas sparks!!!

message 21: by Cynthia (new)

a thousand splendid suns...

message 22: by Cynthia (new)

FOr next month I propose graveyard... I heard it was good... and I have two copies!

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (srambo92) | 12 comments i havent heard of that one but it sounds interesting

message 24: by Cynthia (new)

ill mail you a copy... or i can bring it by at the end of the month

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (srambo92) | 12 comments yay! ur the best! I 4got u guys were comin down to help myrna pack im excited lol

message 26: by Cynthia (new)

me too... except for the packing, that seems like a lot of work! So what did you think of the other Boleyn girl? Have you started it yet?

message 27: by Cynthia (new)

By the way it's poll time, so start spewing out suggestions for next month!

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (srambo92) | 12 comments Cynthia wrote: "me too... except for the packing, that seems like a lot of work! So what did you think of the other Boleyn girl? Have you started it yet?"

no i havent gotten to read it yet i have been so busy with school! but this week is finals so i should have time soon... after i finish the stack i already have to read lol. when r u starting school in oregon?

message 29: by Cynthia (new)

I start in a month... would would really like this campus, you pretty much take what you want! It's really cool and loose!

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (srambo92) | 12 comments Cynthia wrote: "I start in a month... would would really like this campus, you pretty much take what you want! It's really cool and loose!"

that sounds awsome! Im really excited about bein a full time college student! oohhhh and guess what?! We might be going up to Oregon this year for Christmas! but its a secret dont say anything to my mom she doesnt know yet

message 31: by Cynthia (new)

Cool! it'll be great to see ya!

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (srambo92) | 12 comments I know im so excited!i havent been up there in a few years