Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > The goddamn late afternoon goodreads DEAD ZONE >> The duty of the sea monkey tank

Comments Showing 1-50 of 723 (723 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Somewhere (somewhen?) between about 4PM and 6PM central goodreads seems to go quiet, or at least quieter. What in the hell is happening? Are you all you people being productive or something? Explanation/theories, please.

message 2: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17333 comments Mod
I was going to start this thread!

message 3: by Sally, la reina (new)

I hate the dead zone. It happens every day, and I feel like such a loser, still posting, still checking while I cook dinner and listen to All things Considered.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (last edited Mar 09, 2010 05:20PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I sensed your intention across the plains.

message 5: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'm usually just home from work, and if my kids are busy, I come online with that "I'm just home from work" feeling and everyone has ditched Sally and me.

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments It's happening right now.

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

We're like the TC empty nesters at this time of day.

Sometimes our failure to launch son Larry is still hanging about, eating all the muffins. And Kevin is often loitering in the bathtub. But that's it. Jackie's probably off brewing some fabulous tea, Bun tending her organic windowsill garden...

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments ...and me trying to save the world!

It's time consuming.

message 9: by Sally, la reina (new)

We miss you when you do it, but realize that the world depends upon your prowess.

message 10: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments "prowess" is a fun word, and I want to use it more often.

message 11: by Sally, la reina (new)

You use yours when you bat your eyelashes at the Wisconsin state police.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I am going home from work, then either picking my kid up from something, or making supper.

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments that is the time when i realize i haven't done anything all day and i have to hit it hard to get my office work caught up :)

message 14: by Sally, la reina (new)

Well, Jim, Kevin, no matter what your "excuses" are, it blows when this place screetches to a dead halt without you.

message 15: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments wait a sec. you miss me sally. ha!

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

**covers mouth, scootches backward**

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I'm here, but I never expect anyone else to be from 4-5 p.m. Pacific time.

message 18: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Failure to launch. I am SO proud to be so named.

message 19: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i got the new iphone Goodreads app but you can't really do comments on it. sucks really

message 20: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I assume people are in cars during the dead zone, kind of like Jim. And, to be fair, it's probably not safe to post on GR from cars. Although I've seen Heidi post on FB from cars.

message 21: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i have posted from cars on TC from the mobile web app but not while driving

message 22: by Sally, la reina (new)

In person?

message 23: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments No, not in person. But I remember her posting once about being stuck in traffic on one of her trips.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm stuck at my desk while you guys are in this dead zone. Very Lonely. :(

message 25: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments Don't you all know we are supposed to be joining Oprah in her latest quest for world domination and putting our cell phones in our trunks while we drive so that we can't talk, text or g-d forbid post on GR or FB. *yikes* -- I am just saying ;) , I don't post, but I do still receive calls.

message 26: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments p.s with traffic around Boston, I would be an IDIOT to have my phone in my trunk. Thank goodness for being able to chat away those hours!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

No ear phone?

message 28: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Gail wrote: "I'm stuck at my desk while you guys are in this dead zone. Very Lonely. :("

Aw.

message 29: by Cambridge (last edited Mar 09, 2010 07:25PM) (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments Yeah Oprah wants us all to go back to the 80's pre cell phones. No ear pieces, no texting, no nothing. She tries to get all her guests to sign her personal contract that they will no longer use their cell phones in cars, she gets all the big celebs to at least cop to no texting and signing it. She has a big thing and all sorts of fans are signing up on-line and stuff.

message 30: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oprah who?

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Move to Australia. No Oprah here!

message 32: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments You know Larry, like Lindsay :) . Check out Etrade her stock might be worth something (if she's public)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Larry wrote: "Gail wrote: "I'm stuck at my desk while you guys are in this dead zone. Very Lonely. :("

Aw."

Do I get violins?

message 34: by Blanca (new)

Blanca (blancadaver) | 48 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Somewhere (somewhen?) between about 4PM and 6PM central goodreads seems to go quiet, or at least quieter. What in the hell is happening? Are you all you people being productive or something? Exp..."

This is so true!
My excuse is lame.. I am sleeping.

lol

message 35: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments I want to be Blanca!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

It's a bit late for a nanna nap! You'd never get to sleep at night.

message 37: by Félix (last edited Mar 09, 2010 07:48PM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) Gail wrote: "Move to Australia. No Oprah here!"

Really? he asked with a distinct Australian accent.

What's a nanna nap?

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 09, 2010 07:53PM) (new)

She might be on our TV's but no one takes her seriously. Your accent is coming along beautifully.

Afternoon naps. (lovingly called Nanna naps, should I send over an interpreter?)

message 39: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Please.

message 40: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I said please.

message 41: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Cambridge wrote: "I want to be Blanca!"

So do I.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Larry wrote: "I said please."

You might have to wait a while. I've been unable to find anyone willing to face the cool weather.

message 43: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I'm not surprised. And women can't play hardball here, either.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Come here and say that!

message 45: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I'm not understanding you. Must be a cultural thing.

message 46: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 09, 2010 08:32PM) (new)

Sorry, my fault, I miss read it as follows.
And women can't play hardball here, either.

I thought you were implying that we were a bunch of wimps.

message 47: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) haha okay I wondered.

Oh I know they can, but they won't let them here. It's softball or nothing.

message 48: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments Gail, I read it the same way the 1st three times as well, as I evilly tapped my fingers together like Mr. Burns, contemplating my response. Then I realized. I suppose we just jump to defensive conclusions. *shrug*

message 49: by Cambridge (new)

Cambridge (hsquare) | 509 comments I was tempted to do a "Go Gail, Go Gail, Gail" with an Arsenio Hall whoot whoot whoot fist pump for you heheheh.

message 50: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Don't listen to her Gail. She's Satan in disguise. She's liable to say anything.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15