Hard Case Crime discussion

Hard Case Hiatus

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (thomasroche) | 5 comments Apologies if this has already been covered in this group, but does anyone know why there's a big hiatus in the Hard Case schedule from December 2009 (Valley of Fear/Corpse Wore Pasties) and Westlake's "Memory" in April? I'm hoping it doesn't mean a permanent slowdown in their publishing schedule...

message 2: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) | 125 comments Thomas wrote: "Apologies if this has already been covered in this group, but does anyone know why there's a big hiatus in the Hard Case schedule from December 2009 (Valley of Fear/Corpse Wore Pasties) and Westlak..."

They switched to every other month, supposedly to give people more time between releases. I suspect it has more to do with the economy, though.

message 3: by Mohammed (new)

Mohammed  Burhan Abdi Osman (mohammedaosman) | 142 comments They shouldnt overdo it,have too many books.

The series is too important.

If there is a book only now and then it becomes a special realese,all the fans can get it.

message 4: by Atman (new)

Atman (revatman) | 18 comments I would guess it's what Dan wrote. Giving people more time between releases.

It also probably saves on shipping costs. 1 shipment every 2 months probably saves us and them some money.

message 5: by Mohammed (new)

Mohammed  Burhan Abdi Osman (mohammedaosman) | 142 comments They should realese more books by writers like Westlake big names and sneak in new writers.

The hardboiled greats drew me in to the series. Not the new writers.

message 6: by C. (new)

C. | 2 comments Five,

Why would it be unlikely for new readers to catch up on the HCC backlist? Most of the titles are such short reads.

message 7: by C. (new)

C. | 2 comments Point taken. I guess I'm just on quite an HCC kick at the moment.