Push Push discussion

this book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Janae i freaking love .... scratch that . adore this book . it shows that you can do anything if you put your mind to it no matter how may ppl try to push you back . i saw the movie also . i had to buy it on dvd . such a great movie such a great author . & such great morals . Like no one should be treated like this at all . & im glad there are now warnings like this book that shows that there are educators out in the world that do mean good . im a student myself & i alwayss thought that teachers were just "out to get me" but after reading this book & seeing the movie also . it made me appreciate the fellow educators i have in my life . thankss .

Sally I didn't care for the movie one bit. I had a feeling Hollywood would put a spin to it. When I first read the book and heard it was being made into a movie. I was like wow, that is so much material they can work with. I wonder, how they will bring the issues about. Instead it was some weird shit. Where in the world did they get the character "nurse John"? There were no nurse John in the book. For that, the movie to me was lame.

Insa Hussain I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm nearly towards the end with the book. The book is sensational, I really felt sorry for Precious Jones, even though it's a novel, you still have feelings for the character, you feel sorry for them, it makes you think what's going to happen next as you turn the pages. For those who haven't read the book yet I recommend that you should. By the way, read the book before watching the movie; becuase the book has every details and the movie doesn't have exact things on what the book states.

Stacey Rice Sally wrote: "I didn't care for the movie one bit. I had a feeling Hollywood would put a spin to it. When I first read the book and heard it was being made into a movie. I was like wow, that is so much material ..."

Yeah, I wasn't too crazy about the movie either. They left out way too much and seemed like they added some stuff.

Licha Saw the movie first and loved it. Read the book and loved it even more. Although I do have to say it was very graphic. The graphic doesn't bother me so much but when you think about how such things do happen in real life, it was a bit disturbing to read. I thought the author captured Precious' growth as a person very well.

message 6: by Jing (new) - added it

Jing I think this book reflect a situation that it actually happened in life, even though I never saw or met people who has similar situation happen. I think no one should live like the main character in this book, she didn't do anything wrong. Her parents are not good mother and father, without them, she will has a better or brighter life. I also feel sorry about what she had been through, that's so terrible.