Comfort Reads discussion

General > Book Giveaways

Comments Showing 1-50 of 152 (152 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Lee, Mod Mama (new)

Lee (leekat) | 3959 comments Mod
Our member Misfit has kindly let us know about a book give-away at the following website:

http://www.theburtonreview.com/2010/0...

message 2: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Thanks Lee, we have a similar thread going at Paperback Swap.

message 3: by Lee, Mod Mama (new)

It was a good idea Misfit. I know many bloggers do give-aways so if anyone comes across any more they can post about them here. We all love trying to win free books!

message 4: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Here's the thread from PBS with some others. I'll be lazy and do it that way instead of copying all the URL's.

http://www.paperbackswap.com/forum/to...

message 5: by Misfit (new)

Misfit The Confessions of Catherine de Medici  by C.W. Gortner

GR and Library thing both have giveaways for this book.

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura | 294 comments Misfit wrote: "The Confessions of Catherine de Medici  by C.W. Gortner

GR and Library thing both have giveaways for this book."

these giveaways are not democratic!!!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Why do you say that, Laura? And with 4 exclamation marks? :)

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 294 comments the giveways are normally only addressed to USA, Canada, never to other countries (South Amercica, Europe, etc etc)

message 9: by Katri (new)

Katri (Valancy) | 68 comments Yeah, I've also noticed the difficulty of trying to hunt down free books that way... They'll only rarely send them to Europe! Hmph, European authors need to start doing this stuff, too. Or at least they need to do it somewhere where I find them...

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 10, 2010 06:22AM) (new)

Laura wrote: "the giveways are normally only addressed to USA, Canada, never to other countries (South Amercica, Europe, etc etc)"

Oh, yes, that isn't fair for you, is it? I forgot that you are in Brazil. Some of the giveaways are for the UK, too. It all depends on the publisher, not the author, if that's any small consolation. (p.s. I haven't won any books yet anyway....)

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura | 294 comments that´s why I get mad with these giveaways, Misfit is always promoting some pity parties for me, as consolation.

message 12: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Recently there have been a lot of giveaways available for Europe, where before there were none. Unfortunately the books are all rather weird, and the applicants are all people who have no friends and no books listed... yet they seem to win the books anyway.

message 13: by Laura (new)

Laura | 294 comments quite unfair, isn´t it? at least we have our passport books...

message 14: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Laura wrote: "that´s why I get mad with these giveaways, Misfit is always promoting some pity parties for me, as consolation."

Sniff! Sniff!

[image error]

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

That's scary...... lol

message 16: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Jeannette wrote: "That's scary...... lol"

:)

Sorry. I had one I liked better but it had a potty word on the caption and thought I'd better behave.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, no wonder Laura's a bit put out! What country produced that artwork?

message 18: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Jeannette wrote: "Wow, no wonder Laura's a bit put out! What country produced that artwork?"

Not sure, I just googled images for pity party and that was one of them. I used this for Chrissie but Laura might like it better,

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

The rabbit looks like a "freaky" book cover. The blue guy is kinda cute, has a Gumby quality of sorts.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

He looks like a sad marshmallow man. Poor dude.

message 21: by Laura (new)

Laura | 294 comments no, I prefer the one with the baby crying...

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura | 294 comments Misfit wrote: "Laura wrote: "that´s why I get mad with these giveaways, Misfit is always promoting some pity parties for me, as consolation."

Sniff! Sniff!

"

quite dark this one, Bettie should like it.

message 23: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Awesome give away of several books at Dear Author and I don't see any need for Laura or Chrissie to ask for a pity party either.

http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2010/...

message 24: by Teri (new)

Teri | 3 comments Thanks for sharing the link Misfit!

message 25: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie Misfit, no, no,no he is mine. Laura and I are going to have a big temper-tantrum in some important doorway if people don't change their ways concerning give-aways and book swaps! This is unfair, but it doesn't surprise me b/c life is unfair.

message 26: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Chrissie wrote: "Misfit, no, no,no he is mine. Laura and I are going to have a big temper-tantrum in some important doorway if people don't change their ways concerning give-aways and book swaps! This is unfair, bu..."

Argh! Now I must find another image for Laura. Must. Go. To. Work. First. No time to google :)

message 27: by Laura (new)

Laura | 294 comments Google.com must be banned from the internet!! Lol

message 28: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Laura, how's this one?

[image error]

message 29: by Laura (new)

Laura | 294 comments the one you sent me before was more cute!!!

message 30: by Laura (new)

Laura | 294 comments see message 8: by Misfit in the thread on The Confessions of Catherine de Medici

message 31: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Misfit wrote: "Laura, how's this one?"

Povero piccio!

message 32: by Laura (new)

Laura | 294 comments

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

sleepy baby, but not really sad.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "Google.com must be banned from the internet!! Lol"

google is the internet!

message 35: by Laura (new)

Laura | 294 comments just teasing Misfit!!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "just teasing Misfit!!"

I like this baby way better than the toxic bunny! :)

message 37: by Misfit (new)

Misfit

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

funny! you two are too much!

message 39: by Misfit (new)

Misfit I was trying to avoid posting that one as it had a potty word but must keep Laura happy :)

message 40: by Laura (new)

Laura | 294 comments now it´s hard to choose: which one is more cute??

message 41: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) I like the poor thing with the party hat... is he/she sad because of the ikky hat, or for some other reason?

message 42: by Laura (new)

Laura | 294 comments I think someone (I won´t tell you who did it) just stolen his candies!!

message 43: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie Misfit, the last is definitely best, for Laura. I will keep my guy thank you. Laura, you don't want him cute, you want him miserable and mad and boo-****ing-hoo is perfect! Isn't that what we are thinking?!

message 44: by Laura (new)

Laura | 294 comments I must agree with you Chrissie...

message 45: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Laura wrote: "I must agree with you Chrissie..."

So do I. Just for fun I googled images for "sniff" for Laura but you do not want to know what kind of results I got.

message 46: by Laura (new)

Laura | 294 comments oh dear...there is only one which can be posted here:

message 47: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie Laura+Misfit, this could be addictive....

message 48: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Chrissie wrote: "Laura+Misfit, this could be addictive...."

We might need a pity party thread. Love the kitty...

message 49: by Lee, Mod Mama (new)

Okay, that kitty is fricking adorable!

message 50: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Ahem, I do not believe I see any US only limits on this one,

http://lauragerold.blogspot.com/2010/...

The add book function is not working. Give away is for The Stolen Crown by Susan Higginbotham. Laura get busy, no pity party allowed.

« previous 1 3 4