Red Dot Suggestions discussion

book nomination

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Farr | 1 comments I would like to nominate BLUE CHAMELEON by Emily Gravett (Picture Book) - not upload onto the site yet. FANTASTIC!!!!

message 2: by Jo (new)

Jo Bennett | 1 comments Books suggestions:
Horrible Geography-The Horrible Geography of the World by Anita Ganeri

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda (Linda_Twitchett) | 3 comments I suggest Jarvis 24 by David Metzenthen for senior section. It won book of the year for older readers in Australia. i have just started reading it.

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda (Linda_Twitchett) | 3 comments ssome more recommendations from my Year 9 book club (Readers Cup Seniors winners 2009):
Beautiful malice by Rebecca James. (Senior)
Winds of Heaven, Judith Clarke (Senior)
Auslander, Paul Dowswell (senior)
Mocking Jay (Hunger games book 2) (senior) we haven't read this yeat, but do we want to continue with this popular series this year?
The invention of Hugo Cabret, Brian Selznick (Middle)

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda (Linda_Twitchett) | 3 comments I've started reading these, as quickly as i can!

message 6: by Aw (new)

Aw | 1 comments I suggest The Singapore Kid by Jessica Alejandro.
Interesting read, full of amusing poems.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hiyas,

I nominate Bubble GUMM by Happy Smiley. Category: senior.

message 8: by Syed (new)

Syed Afiq | 1 comments Hi!

I nominate Bubble G.U.M. by Happy Smiley (Senior)

message 9: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (librarianinasia) | 1 comments Two more books for Early Years category:
Big Cat, Small Cat
by Ami Rubinger

Press Here
by Henri Tullet

message 10: by Jeroen (new)

Jeroen Callens | 1 comments hi all, I would like to add a book by a rather unknown writer to the picture book category:
"The Boy Who Grew Flowers"
Ages 4 to 10 years
Written By: Jen Wojtowicz
Illustrated By: Steve Adams

message 11: by Joy (new)

Joy Wheeler (joywheeler) HOW ABOUT:
Scat BY Carl Hiaasen. Looks like it could be a good mystery book.
Haven t read it yet but I would say Middle - on the list of books to read

message 12: by Joy (new)

Joy Wheeler (joywheeler) The Iron King by Julie Kagawa - ISBN: 9781741168693
Middle category
kids love it and it has a nice tie in to Midsummer's night Dream

message 13: by Kim (new)

Kim Klein | 2 comments Out of Shadows by Jason Wallace
Senior
From the reviews and summary it sounds like a good read.

message 14: by Joy (new)

Joy Wheeler (joywheeler) Monkey Magic: The Curse of Mukada
This would be perfect for Junior

message 15: by Denise (new)

Denise Jackson | 1 comments I am unable to find my book to add to the bookshelf so I am going to nominate here.
Blow a kiss. David Seow

Denise

message 16: by Ruth (last edited May 21, 2011 07:27AM) (new)

Ruth Lau | 1 comments Hi all, I would like to suggest Archibald and the Blue Blood Conspiracy by SherMay Loh. It's for 8-15 year olds. website is www.shermayloh.com

Thanks!

message 17: by Katie (new)

Katie Day (librarianedge) | 25 comments Okay, I have added all these suggested titles onto the Group Bookshelf.

message 18: by ISLN (Int'l School Library Network) (last edited May 27, 2011 11:03PM) (new)

ISLN (Int'l School Library Network) Singapore (isln) | 2 comments Mod
As I sort through how we can best use the Red Dot Group Suggestion list AND the ISLN Reads account (http://www.goodreads.com/isln), I've decided to add all the suggested titles to ISLN Reads -- and then delete them from this Suggestion list. That way we only have to look at the ISLN Reads bookshelf -- where we can then identify books to go on the 2011-2012 Red Dot Long List for summer reading. NB: We are only looking at books published in 2008, 2009, 2010, or 2011 -- so there is an ISLN Reads bookshelf called pre-2008 for books that no longer qualify for the Red Dot Awards. I'm storing the publication year in the "Date Read" field -- to make it easy to sort the bookshelves by publication date. -- Katie

p.s. Okay, now that I've done quite a few, I'm changing my mind. I'm just going to leave them on the Red Dot Suggestion Group bookshelf -- because the information I'm losing is WHO suggested it. But I'm still transferred/adding all the Suggested books to ISLN Reads... as you can do more with an individual account's bookshelves than you can with a group's bookshelves. My apologies to people whose books I've already removed from this Suggested group bookshelf!