What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > dogs having surgery to make them more like humans, or vice versa maybe? [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Derek (new)

Derek Langley (dreek) | 3 comments This was an old library book I read roughly 18 years ago-ish... I remember there being dogs that were being surgically altered to be more human-like and I think this was going on in some kind of compound or closed society. The story goes into some of the relationships that develop in this odd situation. I might have that the wrong way round; maybe humans wanting to be more like dogs(?), but I don't think so.
Any help gratefully received; I'd love to reread this one. Mostly I hope it wasn't some kind of unhinged dream of mine - that would be quite worrying...!

message 2: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta | 89 comments Less likely it could be City by Clifford D. Simak.

But, I wonder if it could be Lives of the Monster Dogs by Kirsten Bakis. That would be about 12/13 years ago.

Both are very good books.

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (petalpower) | 23 comments What about Watchers by Dean Koontz?

Really enjoyed that book!

message 4: by Derek (new)

Derek Langley (dreek) | 3 comments Fantastic! Thanks Mawgojzeta, 10 points! I'm a bit out with my timing, but it is Lives of the Monster Dogs by Kirsten Bakis.
Thanks heavens it wasn't all a dream...!
Solved!

And thanks to Rachel too for helping.

message 5: by Mawgojzeta (new)

Mawgojzeta | 89 comments Glad to be of help.

message 6: by Derek (new)

Derek Langley (dreek) | 3 comments ...and I've just ordered it from Amazon... :)