The Classics discussion

A suggestion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth A. (new)

Beth A. (bethalm) I would love it if we could pick our book out a few weeks or a month before we start discussing it. It takes me a while to get ahold of the book and get it read. By then I feel like the conversation is already over.

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol (goodreadscomcarolann) I agree with Beth A. I am not anywhere close to finish.

I don't know if you would be interested but one group that I participate in discusses the book a "section" per week. That way you get to discuss in depth what is happening at that point of the book. As a moderator you decide how to divide up the book into sections -- if you want to make it 2 weeks long, or 4 weeks long or whatever. Just a suggestion . . .

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 2 comments I think discussing a section per week sounds like a great idea!

message 4: by theduckthief (new)

theduckthief | 269 comments Mod
Hi guys,

I can definitely start the polls a week earlier that way everyone will have two weeks to get the book chosen. I'll put up a poll tomorrow for April.

When I first took on the moderator position for this book group I did divide books up into sections. We can do a trial run for April and see what everyone thinks.

message 5: by Grace (new)

Grace (graycie) Will the poll for the next group read be posted soon? Thanks!