Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > NOT A BOOK issues

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments It looks like some author got incorrectly merged into NOT A BOOK -- there are a lot of Lilith Saintcrow quotes attributed there, and a large number of fans. Anyone want to look into that?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42507 comments Mod
Quotes can be fixed; fans could be messaged, I guess, but cannot easily otherwise be moved.

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments I have started on the quotes - it looks like it was Lili St Crow who was merged

message 4: by Cait (last edited Mar 08, 2010 09:53PM) (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Perhaps there's something GR can do behind the scenes to revert this?

ETA: I've emailed support with the details we have....

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42507 comments Mod
I doubt it, from previous experience, but the email can't hurt.

message 6: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments ARGH! I think I must be responsible for this. I've been out of the country and had not even planned on reading all these comments that came through during my absence - but couldn't resist quickly glancing - and I almost wished I had remained blissfully ignorant. I remember trying to combine Lilith Saint Crow and Lili St Crow - but couldn't because she is a goodreads author. I did them individually and then to get rid of the (i thought) null listing merged the empty author with "not a book". I never even thought about quotes!!! So I guess it's a good thing I don't remain ignorant - since I need to watch for that sort of thing in the future! So sorry, so sorry!!!

message 7: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments /o\ Oh no, Melody! I was afraid it was something like that. Thanks for letting us know what happened. I don't think that there's anything more librarians can do about it besides being more careful in the future....