Horror Aficionados discussion

Authors > Ted Dekker

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (jebbie74) | 4 comments Hsving read two previous books by Dekker (Obsessed and Three and am now reading BoneMan's Daughters, I've become curious as to whether anyone else thinks he fits into the horror genre.

message 2: by Lee (new)

Lee | 2502 comments That and thriller, with a Christian theme. The good vs. evil tale.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott I suppose, if you like horror with an agenda.

message 4: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (jebbie74) | 4 comments Hmmmm, maybe thriller would be the more appropriate genre, then. Having just finished BoneMan's Daughters, I found that it really could have been more gruesome with the torture scenes.

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna (stregamari) | 252 comments ****** spoiler ******

ugh! I thought breaking bones inside a persons body without breaking the skin was pretty gruesome

message 6: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (jebbie74) | 4 comments I guess so, but I could also see there being more details and more death.

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 135 comments Three was excellent. Also enjoyed Black and A Child Called Blessed (the second in that series A Man Called Blessed??? was not as good though)

message 8: by Kasia (new)

Kasia (kasia_s) | 2976 comments Mod
I read Black, Red, White and am half way into Green, amazing and really sticks with you.

message 9: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I liked Obsession and Three but I really couldn't get into any of his other books. I've always been interested in the aftermath of World War II, so Obsession was intriguing to me. Three had a great ending. I tried to like his other books, but they moved so slowly that I couldn't get into them.

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephthebookworm) | 70 comments I read his book, Skin, and I enjoyed it. Very unique/bizarre. I'd say he could be classified as horror.

message 11: by Kasia (new)

Kasia (kasia_s) | 2976 comments Mod
Stephanie (StephTheBookworm) wrote: "I read his book, Skin, and I enjoyed it. Very unique/bizarre. I'd say he could be classified as horror."

I've had it for a while, it looks wicked :)

message 12: by Erica (new)

Erica (bookpsycho) | 256 comments I thought House was pretty scary and love his circle series.

message 13: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tardolf) | 28 comments I hated Boneman's Daughter. Thought the plot was ridiculous, filled with bad thriller cliches, and was in bad need of a technical editor to help with Texas law.

It was probably my most detested book read in 2010. I don't know if I will ever read anything else written by him.

I find Val McDermid and Mo Hayden to be much better at writing the dark psycho thrillers.

message 14: by Jaime (new)

Jaime (janastasiow) | 32 comments Kasia wrote: "Stephanie (StephTheBookworm) wrote: "I read his book, Skin, and I enjoyed it. Very unique/bizarre. I'd say he could be classified as horror."

I've had it for a while, it looks wicked :)"

It was really good.

message 15: by Nick (new)

Nick (nick1050) | 44 comments I audio booked ADAM and enjoyed it very much

message 16: by Becky (new)

Becky | 46 comments I've read Three, Boneman's Daughters, House, and The Bride Collector and enjoyed all of them.