The Book of Spells (Private, #0.5) The Book of Spells discussion

What is this about?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alyssa Thomas On borders it says that this book is part of the Private series, but I know they usually aren't very reliable. It could be what went on during those missing nine months in Reed's life, but I doubt that. I don't have any idea what this could be! Post something if you know!

Sherri It says it's a Prequel about how Billings got started.

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon what is billings?

message 4: by Tarra (new)

Tarra Is the Private series in anyway paranormal/fantasy at all? I mean is there any of that in them?

message 5: by Jennifer (last edited Apr 21, 2011 03:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer If you've read Kate Brian's "Private" series from the beginning, you will find that Kate wrote two prequels to the series AFTER the series started, called "Last Christmas" and "The Book of Spells". If you read the books in the order they were published, you'd probably understand why Kate wrote them that way. "Last Christmas" explains what really happened to some of the characters even before the actual story of Reed Brennan began. "The Book of Spells" was written as a 2nd prequel but doesn't have to be read as a prequel to the seried. It is a book that tells the real story of what happened to two of the character's ancestors, and the purpose of their meeting at their school.

In reply to Shannon, Billings is a dorm located on the private school of Easton Academy in Connecticut. Of course, the whole series, even the school, is fiction. In reply to Tarra, in reading the whole series, I think that Private is more along the lines of the mystery genre. There are twists and turns throughout the series. Kate Brian is publishing the LAST book in the series in the fall of 2011. I have heard terrible reviews of these books but I personally think that this series is brilliant and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something new to read. Yes, some of it is a bit boring, but if you actually force yourself to read the rest of the series, its actually pretty good. I think I got hooked when I started reading the book "Untouchable" in the series.
Have fun reading!

Caitlyn Alyssa wrote: "On borders it says that this book is part of the Private series, but I know they usually aren't very reliable. It could be what went on during those missing nine months in Reed's life, but I doubt ..."

its the prequel after vanished. i would recommend reading it before ominous.

Alyssa Thomas Thanks for the comments. I wrote that over a year ago and have since read the book. It was very good!