Team Vampire!! discussion

Authors > Richelle Mead

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) she is a good author i have read the four of the VA books. i have the first one in both the other series too but havent gotten around to reading them yet

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments One of my favourite authors. I've read all of the VA books that are out and can't wait for the next one.
I've read the first book of the Georgina Kincaid series and have asked for the second for my birthday! Really liked it!
And I've got Storm Born, I just need to find the time to read it

message 3: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

Melissa (COOKS) | 1454 comments Mod
I THINK SHE DID A AWESOME JOB WITH THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY BOOKS AND AM LOOKING FOWARD TO READ MORE OF HER WORK!

message 4: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments I have yet to dislike one of her books! And even though the characters in VA are near the same age as the ones in House of Night books, I think the VA characters are a lot more mature and likeable. Rose is such an amazing character!

message 5: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

I AGREE 100% THEY KNOW THEY HAVE RESPONSIBLITIES AND EVEN THOUGH ROSE CAN BE UNCONTROLABLE SHE STILL KNOWS WHAT SHE HAS TO DO AND WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM HER. I THINK THE CHARACTERS IN THIS BOOK WERE VERY WELL DESCRIBED AND THERE PEORSONALITIES ARE AWESOME. MEADE DID GREAT AND I LOVE ROSE TOO!!

message 6: by Jacky (new)

Jacky (JackyC) | 16 comments To be honest i put the books down after frostbite, i just couldnt get into them as i started them straight after the twilight series,by the sounds of it i should pick them up again after ive finished the vampire books(sookie stackhouse series) that im on now..
Thanks guys :) also what are the Georgina Kincaid Series like????

message 7: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 Jacky wrote: "To be honest i put the books down after frostbite, i just couldnt get into them as i started them straight after the twilight series,by the sounds of it i should pick them up again after ive finish..."

Georgina Kincaid are great but only if you don't mind "adult content"...

message 8: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

THANKS DORA THATS GOOD TO KNOW. AND JACKY IN MY OPNION THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY SERIES GETS GOOD IN THE THIRD BOOK. SO IF YOU THOUGHT THE FIRST 2 WERE OK YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY LIKE THE 3RD ONE, BUT EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT IN THERE TASTE.

message 9: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 i actually liked frostbite more than Shadow kiss.but anyway VA is in my opinion the best series ever..

message 10: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

I JUST LOVE THE BOOKS. I GUESS IN SHADOW KISS IT JUST HAS A HUGE TURNING POINT AND THATS WHAT DRAWS ME INTO LIKING THAT ONE SO MUCH!

message 11: by Jacky (new)

Jacky (JackyC) | 16 comments thanks guys yeah i will definetly pick them back up after ive finishes the series im on, it did seem to start to get interesting on frostbite.
So did you actually like the Georgina Kincaid series dora?

message 12: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 yeah,totally.especially guys(roman and carter):)

message 13: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments I've only read the first one, but I love Roman! My friend said he's not in the next book, but that he will be coming back, so yay!

message 14: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 yeah,he's coming back in the fourth book.

message 15: by Jacky (new)

Jacky (JackyC) | 16 comments sweet i'll go out and layby them now so im not screaming and running around frantic trying to find the next book lol,it seriously sucks,the book stores are such big ripoffs they charge like an extra $10 and dont price match with the big shopping stores..
haha i sound like a cheapskate but hey that extra money buys more books lol..

message 16: by Jacky (new)

Jacky (JackyC) | 16 comments yeah it is the best way,and also ebay you can get some really good buys,theres alot of sellers in the uk that are selling new books really cheap, im after one more of the sookie stackhouses and managed to get it for $8 aus dollars all up,better then $25 at the book store and that books no where to be found in the bigger stores,but then again im chewing my nails waiting for it to come as its the next book to read so im nursing the one im on haha 3 more days,i reckon im going to knock the postman off his bike and dive into his mail bag on day 3 haha. The bookstore sales are good too but dont happen often enough

message 17: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

DO YA'LL HAVE A BOOKS-A-MILLION WHERE YOU LIKE? I HAVE JUST RECENTLY STARTED GETTING SOME OF MY BOOKS FROM THERE AND I GOT THE 1ST SOOKIE STACKHOUSE BOOK NEW FOR $7.99. BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF BOOKSTORES ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU.

message 18: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

YEAH I HAVE A BARNES AND NOBLES AND BORDERS I GUESS BOOKS-A-MILLION IS A SOUTHERN STORE. LOL, BUT YOU COULD SAY IT IS SIMILAR TO B AND N. I HAVE ALSO FOUND THAT KMART HAS A BETTER BOOK SELECTION THAN WALMART.

message 19: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments Recently all the Borders near me have been shut down :( I don't know if it's just where I live or if they're closed all over the country but it's a shame considering it was one of my favourite bookstores...I could always find what I want in there.

There are a couple of small bookstores I go to that sell books for a much cheaper price but the problem is that they don't ever have a complete series. Like the Georgina Kincaid series, they only had book four which was useless as I still need to read the second.

message 20: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Kinslow (Vampire_Kiki_Hope_29) | 45 comments OMG i love Richelle Mead i love the vamp acad and succubus series yay

message 21: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

KIKI, I LOVE YOUR ENTHUSIASM. IT MAKES ME SMILE!

message 22: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Kinslow (Vampire_Kiki_Hope_29) | 45 comments really? cool thanks

message 23: by Jacky (new)

Jacky (JackyC) | 16 comments @Angela
Ive just finished dead as a doornail,so upto definetly dead and yeah 2 more days to go..
its going to be a good next few months with the va,hon and sookie stackhouse realeases oh and eclipse the movie thats going to be awesome(well i hope anyway lol)..
Its awesome to hear people love the succubus series, im definetly going to read them now.. :)

message 24: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

Did yall know she was planning on doing a spinoff series from the vampire academy series and the name for the the 6th book of the VA series is called "Last Sacrifice". Yeah just thought I would let yall know.

message 25: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments What's the spin off about?

message 26: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 it will be about some characters from VA,not the main ones.

message 27: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments ADRIAN, ADRAIN, ADRIAN!!!

Bet it's not though :(

message 28: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

She said there will be 4 characters in it from VA and one of them is Sydne. But she didn't tell anymore info bc she didn't want to give ne spoilers.

message 29: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) cant wait for more details on the spin off

message 30: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

I know me too.

message 31: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 she also said rose will appear sometimes,and that means rose won't die!!

message 32: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

That's good I missed that. THANKS

message 33: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Dora610 wrote: "she also said rose will appear sometimes,and that means rose won't die!!"

although do we know when its set it could be before VA was done so it wouldnt matter if she was dead or alive

message 34: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

FROM THE WAY SHE WAS TALKIN IN THE INTERVIEW IT SEEMED LIKE IT WAS SET POST VA, BUT WHO KNOWS SHE COULD HAVE JUST BEEN TRYING TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE THAT.

message 35: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 ~♡Katie♡~ wrote: "Dora610 wrote: "she also said rose will appear sometimes,and that means rose won't die!!"

although do we know when its set it could be before VA was done so it wouldnt matter if she was dead or ..."

richelle said it's spin off so i think it's after VA,but i guess we'll have to wait and see

message 36: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments I know, I liked Roman a lot more than that writer guy

message 37: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 i like carter the best.

message 38: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments Romans my favourite male character, Carter would be second! But I think Georgina had way more chemisty with Roman that she did with Seth, he was always so awkward around her.

message 39: by Dora610 (new)

Dora610 Deliciously Evil Half Breed (mwuahaha) wrote: "I agree with you Catherine. Seth just doesn't open up enough. I really liked the dates Roman and Georgina had. They got along so much better."

i agree.i don't think much of seth.,he's kinda boring-just a shy human :)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

i love dimitri!!!!

message 41: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

Cristal is this your first time reading the series?

message 42: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

I totally agree Mead is my fav too. She is just awesome!

message 43: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments I love that she can write for both adults and YA and does it both so well.

message 44: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

I agree there is a good balance but her adult books r deff for ADULTS. Lol

message 45: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 576 comments But that's what makes them so good!

message 46: by Melissa, Queen of the Night (new)

:)