We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Off Topic (Non-Kleypas Chat) > FAVORITE BOOK COVER or STEPBACK

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 07, 2010 07:21AM) (new)

Hey gals, I know there are some great book covers out there as well as some cheesy ones! I want to know if you have a favorite?

Post a picture of the cover or stepback.

I personally like stepbacks then I don't feel a need to flip the book over so my kids can't see the! LOL

message 2: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments What's a "Stepback?"

message 3: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (rosepup) | 139 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "What's a "Stepback?""

Hi Dhestiny, a stepback cover is the one with two front flaps. Something like, on the main cover would be some artwork and then as you turn over, there would be another flap, with another picture. So its like two front covers!

Stepback covers are my absolute favs!

message 4: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Thanks, Sonia! I wondered what that kind of cover was called.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 08, 2010 02:31PM) (new)

Ok, here are some of my faves...all of which are stepbacks of Elizabeth Hoyt books! Here are all of her books and their order...

http://www.elizabethhoyt.com/books/in...

To Beguile A Beast
Photobucket

To Seduce A Sinner
Photobucket

To Taste Temptation
Photobucket

This is from her upcoming book Wicked Intentions
Photobucket

To Desire A Devil
Photobucket

message 6: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (rosepup) | 139 comments Welcome Dhestiny... :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 07, 2010 07:40AM) (new)

Some of LK's stepbacks are great, but can't find pics online of them! DANG IT!

message 8: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Those are beautiful, Heidi! WOW! And suggestive, too. Are those from her Soldiers series?

I've seen a couple stepbacks in books but can't recall which ones. I love beautiful book covers. Margaret Mallory's All The Kings Men series has beautiful covers, so does Bertrice Smalls Border Chronicles series.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep from her Soldiers trilogy.... Except the second to the last is from her new book coming out in Aug of this year called WICKED INTENTIONS, I can't wait for it!

message 10: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Aren't there 4 Soldiers books? The Legend of the Four Soldiers.

message 11: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Heidi- I like the ones on the couch that you posted. They are quite delicious!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep, Legend of the 4 Soldier, I'm sorry. LOVE LOVE LOVE all of her books and these stepback are so vivid, I thinkt hat whay i like them. Eloisa James has some good stepbacks too, will have to see if I can find them to post. SO does Victoria Alexander.

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) Ohhhh! Thanks for doing this thread. I LOVE setbacks especially Elizabeth Hoyt's. I've seen some great ones. I really liked the one with Kev but don't know how you can post it. I've seen some that are really cheesy too like Johanna Lindsay's with Fabio. LOL

message 14: by Sonia (last edited Mar 08, 2010 06:08AM) (new)

Sonia (rosepup) | 139 comments Hello all, um... the following cover was a winner in 2000, in the stepback category. One look at it and your heart will tell you why! :)

Title cover
Betina Krahn

Stepback
Sweet Talking Man

And follwoing is one of the tough contender. Respect the rivals, do you? :)

Title cover
Barbara Dawson Smith

Stepback
Romancing The Rogue

message 15: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Oooh, Sonia, I like the first one! It is so tender the way he is massaging her foot and the look in his eyes!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG, Sonia, I love them both! Thanks for sharing!

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) These are great. I love the first one also. Mmmmm
I wouldn't toss the other one away either.
Very nice.

message 18: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (last edited Mar 07, 2010 11:35AM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments See, I love those! I like visuals to go with the story. Now, if we could just get a visual of Mark's 10.5" ... umm... nevermind.

message 19: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "See, I love those! I like visuals to go with the story. Now, if we could just get a visual of Mark's 10.5" ... umm... nevermind."

You're so very wicked! ;)

message 20: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Cheryl wrote: "UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "See, I love those! I like visuals to go with the story. Now, if we could just get a visual of Mark's 10.5" ... umm... nevermind."

You're so very wicked! ;)"

I know, you can't take me anywhere! *blushes*

message 21: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 2750 comments "Indeed" ^-^

message 22: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Bekah you took the word right out of my mouth!

message 23: by ♥ Beth (last edited Mar 14, 2010 11:10AM) (new)

♥ Beth | 217 comments I love Elizabeth Hoyt's stepbacks!! Here are Jennifer Haymore's stepbacks! They are really beautiful also and remind me of Hoyt's covers! (I hope I loaded the pics correctly!)
Photobucket
Photobucket

message 24: by ♥ Beth (new)

♥ Beth | 217 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Cheryl wrote: "UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "See, I love those! I like visuals to go with the story. Now, if we could just get a visual of Mark's 10.5" ... umm... nevermind."

You're so ver..."

lol! naughty girl!!!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Beth, Love the stepbacks!

message 26: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments You know, some of these pictures are hot. I may have to take my laptop into the bedroom for a little alone time, if you know what I mean. Heh heh heh.

message 27: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 07, 2010 02:15PM) (new)

Heidi wrote: "Ok, here are some of my faves...all of which are stepbacks of Elizabeth Hoyt books!

Ow myyyyyyy those covers are brilliant so dam hot! .. the second one .. (fan myself)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

This one gets me going.. i dont no why .. but i find myself looking at it all the time .. i think its the curiosity .. i cant see the front .. but i can imagine how dam fine it is ... his butt ow my god ..
this man is so dam sexy .. plus his charecter to so bloody wicked .. this cover just does it for me ..
[image error]

message 29: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments So, tell me about Sinful. It's says it's an erotic novel. What kind of sex does it have in it? Straight, homosexual, group, anal, oral, etc...

message 30: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 07, 2010 02:45PM) (new)

heheheh .. you are so funny UN .. you list the all
huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu
well . this is the second book to "Addicted" which i recently read and it totally dam blew my mind .. its the second best book i have ever read .. because not only is it a beautiful love story .. but its so deep and heartrenching it just tore me apart .. it was brilliant "EXPLOSIVE" sorry to go on .. but i love deep reads that really tear at your emotions ..
anyway .. this dude . is the main charecter "lindsey in Addicted" best friend he is a wicked wicked souless rouge ... its not out until May .. but i tell you I CAN NOT BLOODY WAIT
Errotic notation: not sure .. i didnt find addicted to errotic i found it bloody dam hot though.. there are teasers in the naught words ... its LK style just a bit more descriptive and naughier words ..

message 31: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments I've been putting off reading Addicted because it seems like it would be gutwrenching. Is it really emotionally draining?

message 32: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 07, 2010 02:49PM) (new)

YES and YES .. it is totally emotionally draining .. but a dam good read .. its a little slugish to start with .. there is a hidden secret in the book .. that climaxes and when it does its "EXPLOSIVE" i couldnt guess what it was ..but im no sherlock holmes .. check my review
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 33: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Thanks, I read your review and the comments from others. I'm going to see about picking this one up.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Let me no how you like it :)

message 35: by ♥ Beth (new)

♥ Beth | 217 comments You will love Addicted Dhestiny! It is soooo good and worth the emotional pull, not to mention that Charlotte writes the best sex scenes I've ever read.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

♥ Beth wrote: "You will love Addicted Dhestiny! It is soooo good and worth the emotional pull, not to mention that Charlotte writes the best sex scenes I've ever read."

Ow yes .. she sure does... My fav is when she paint the explicit picture of lindsey i quote "stroking himself" ... you dont often hear that one!

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) Yes, I do like a man with a nice, firm butt (among other things).
Don't you just want to give it a little squeeze or slap?

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) Thank you Beth for these setbacks. I especially liked the first one. What does she have around her wrist? Tut, tut, was there a little bondage going on? Naughty, naughty.

message 39: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Cynthia wrote: "Yes, I do like a man with a nice, firm butt (among other things).
Don't you just want to give it a little squeeze or slap?"

...or a lick... *gasp* Did I say that aloud?

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) A little "alone time"? I laughed so hard that I think my neighbors will be showing up demanding to know what's going on.

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) I like the way you think.

message 42: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8001 comments Cynthia, that's why this group is so great... we all think alike ;)

message 43: by ♥ Beth (new)

♥ Beth | 217 comments Cynthia wrote: "Thank you Beth for these setbacks. I especially liked the first one. What does she have around her wrist? Tut, tut, was there a little bondage going on? Naughty, naughty."

lol... actually that picture goes right along with the story! (hint hint)

;)

message 44: by ♥ Beth (new)

♥ Beth | 217 comments Cynthia wrote: "I like the way you think."

that Dhestiny!! she really is a naughty little girl, isn't she!!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Where are the ropes .. i cant see them (squinting)

message 46: by ♥ Beth (new)

♥ Beth | 217 comments Rachael wrote: "♥ Beth wrote: "You will love Addicted Dhestiny! It is soooo good and worth the emotional pull, not to mention that Charlotte writes the best sex scenes I've ever read."

Ow yes .. she sure does...."

Yes!! Don't u jst love it when they do that!!!

Cyn Mistress Kitty (beachlover) What book is this from? I must get it.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

ow that man ... i cant wait for sinful . he batter be as naughty as featherstone portreys him ..

message 49: by ♥ Beth (new)

♥ Beth | 217 comments Cynthia wrote: "What book is this from? I must get it."

it's from A Hint of Wicked

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

♥ Beth wrote: "Cynthia wrote: "What book is this from? I must get it."

it's from A Hint of Wicked"

Is this good beth ????

« previous 1 3