Lord of the Rings Fans discussion

Roleplay 1-- FULL > Roleplay Characters

Comments Showing 1-50 of 131 (131 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (last edited Jul 27, 2010 04:38PM) (new)

Ada (caladhieledhel-mellon) | 861 comments Mod
Name: Caladhiel
Race: Elf (Noldor)
Personality: Perhaps, had fate dealt with her differently, she might have been a scholar, thanks to her analytical and generally unemotional mind. As it is, however, the hard nature of her mind serves her well in her life of wandering. She loves the woodlands, and lives in Mirkwood among the Wood-Elves when she isn't roaming. She has no close friends. She is rather quiet, and fearsome to encounter in battle, for she has a deep hatred of evil, and knows no fear. Despite all her experience fighting and so forth, she is curiously naive; this comes of her being without parenting of any sort from a very young age.
Appearance: A bit short for an elf rather slender; has long, straight, light gold hair, pale complection, bright blue-green eyes.
Skills: Excells in what humans call "martial arts;" her main weapon (aside from her own hands and feet) is a long, thin blade she found outside a barrow on Tom Bombadil's land. Only average at archery, but average for an elf is still pretty darn good. :)
Other: Her favorite colors are blue (any shade) and green.

message 2: by K. M. R., or Quirenas, the Cloudy One (With Lightning) (last edited Sep 02, 2011 07:39AM) (new)

K. M. R. (moisoha) | 728 comments Mod
Name: Quirenas
Race: half-Elf (Avari and Vala)
Personality: He is a very cautious man, always watchful and ready. He doesn't talk much at all, and when he does it tends to be something worth hearing and nessisary. He has traveled across the world and it has made him tough. When he dwelled for a while in the woods near the Sea of Rhun, he taught himself of the movements of the elves of Mirkwood. Eventually he went to get a closer look at these elves and was caught by them. Because of this, he talks even less, and often spits words at them in a foul language resembling that of orc-kind.
Age: Unknown, even by him. He thinks he's been living for at least a hundred human years, because of his travel across the world.
Appearance: Dark hair the falls across his eyes and extends to his shoulders. Dirty with gray skin but has bright green-blue eyes. Tall, but often in a crouch. He has a long thin scar that looks as though it comes from a knife. Too skinny.
Skills: He can work wonders with wood, making things in almost an instant with a knife. He can do the most beautiful and delecate designs one second and then he can make a harsh hard weapon the next. He doesn't have skills that the normal elves of Middle Earth have.
Other: He claimed under a form of torture that he was traveling to the old stronghold "Angband". Which turned many of the elves against him. He hates almost to death the smell or touch of sea water.

message 3: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

Wow, great character. I wonder what he is? Also what is the time period on this? (Like pre-war of the ring or after war of the ring?)

message 4: by Lindsay, aka...Dera the chatterbox (new)

Lindsay (a_rachelle) | 776 comments Mod
Name: Dera
Race: Human (Dunadain)
Personality: Wild, spontaneous and extremely short tempered, Dera often speaks more often than she should and does not fail to get in trouble for it. Her spirit is rarely dampened even in what seems to be a hopeless situation.
Age: Older in years than many men could guess by appearance (which seems to be 20) but certainly does not act like it.
Appearance: Long, unkempt, raven hair which she usually keeps let down unless it proves to be an inconvenience during a fight. Her eyes are gray with a constant sly flicker to them.
Skills: She's fairly proficient with a short bow and dagger. Even so, she rarely considers uses them, often opting for a good old fashioned fistfight. Most importantly, she proudly boasts about her skills as cook and fisherwoman.
Other: When her temper flairs, she is often known to ramble to herself in a nonsensical manner.

message 5: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

Great!

message 6: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

Who wants the honor of the first RP post? I've never rp'd before, so probably someone else should

message 7: by K. M. R., or Quirenas, the Cloudy One (With Lightning) (new)

To answer your questions, just because he was living near the sea of Rhun doesn't mean that he stayed there constantly. Also, he doesn't know where Angband is, he's only looking for it. And yes, there is something in Mirkwood. Don't worry, I made him interesting to get it going :)

message 8: by Lindsay, aka...Dera the chatterbox (new)

I think first we need to agree upon a setting to which our characters can meet :-)

message 9: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

Thanks, and my humblest apologies. :) I really am new at rp-ing, like really really new, like new as in I've never roleplayed before in my life. So if I'm a bit of a flea about this, just give me a virtual whack upside the head.

message 10: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

Right... Well, Quirenas seems to be stuck in Mirkwood (being imprisoned and all that) so as both Dera and myself are the wandering type, I think it'd be pretty convenient for us all to meet up there. Perhaps in a conference with the elvenking (would that be Legolas by now, or would his father still be king there?)

message 11: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

Or is Quirenas still imprisoned?

message 12: by K. M. R., or Quirenas, the Cloudy One (With Lightning) (new)

Probably Legolas, and whatever idea you come up with is best. He can be imprisoned, I have his reactions for that, and he can escape in which case I have that planned too. :) I've been thinking about this a lot. You should see the full character sheet I made for him.

message 13: by Lindsay, aka...Dera the chatterbox (new)

Oh, forgot to ask, is this before of after the destruction of the One Ring?

message 14: by K. M. R., or Quirenas, the Cloudy One (With Lightning) (new)

After. Preferably.

message 15: by Lindsay, aka...Dera the chatterbox (new)

Fine with me ^_^

message 16: by Lindsay, aka...Dera the chatterbox (new)

The scene in in Mirkwood but the situation is still up in the air. Soooo...why don't you start Kayla? ^_^

message 17: by K. M. R., or Quirenas, the Cloudy One (With Lightning) (new)

Has he escaped or not?

message 18: by Lindsay, aka...Dera the chatterbox (new)

I think it should be up to you

message 19: by K. M. R., or Quirenas, the Cloudy One (With Lightning) (new)

How about we make it that he has escaped so the forest is full of people looking for him.

message 20: by Lindsay, aka...Dera the chatterbox (new)

Cool ^_^

message 21: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

Sounds good by me!

message 22: by K. M. R., or Quirenas, the Cloudy One (With Lightning) (new)

Wait, is this literary or regular. sorry I hav a lot of questions

message 23: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

What exactly is the difference? I have a lot of questions myself. :)

message 24: by Lindsay, aka...Dera the chatterbox (new)

Granted this is how I've come to know these terms as, so correct me if I am wrong...

Regular Roleplays usually focus on posts that are short, sweet, and to the point. Literary Roleplays are more elegantly, and carefully written and contain no word limit.

(Personally, I am an advocate of the latter ;) )

message 25: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (last edited Mar 11, 2010 05:21PM) (new)

Okay. Thanks for the clarification! Well, I'm mostly neutral, but it would be nice to have a mix- like if you wanted to, you could write something longer. Since there's three of us (and probably more to come) we most likely shouldn't be writing whole chapters at every go, just to be sure we aren't monopolizing the rp.

message 26: by K. M. R., or Quirenas, the Cloudy One (With Lightning) (new)

Well, I like Semi-literate which is about a paragraph, maybe two if you need it but not novel-like writing. I think I'll start with that.

message 27: by Kate (new)

Kate | 277 comments Mod
Alright guys I’m in...Here’s my character but understand that I’ve never rp-ed before, but I’m real excited so here it goes....
Name: Leofwyn (Beloved-Joy) (the E has an accent but i dont remember how to do that on the computer :) )
Race: Human (Rohirrim)
Personality: A true fighter to the very end. Thought others may not see a way Leofwyn pushes on and uses all her strength and all her wits until the job is done. Not the chatty type, more of a sponge in the way she soaks up information and body language but she is a stone when squeezed, giving nothing back. She is kind and heartfelt, letting her emotions get the better of her; some would call her very "real". It would take a lot to get on her bad side, but once there you may never come back.
Appearance: She has long dark red hair, almost a black cherry color. She is very well built and athletic, but very average in her height (5'4ish). Her blue eyes are pools of glass and very deep. They are a good sign of what she is feeling. Her skin is darkened from being out in the sun continuously. She is dressed in rugged "ranger" clothes favoring a cloak to keep herself hidden whenever the need may arise.
Skills: Living in the land of the horse lords she is a natural born rider, and ever since Lady Éowyn the Rohirrim take pride in any lady who wishes to become a skilled swords maiden,Leofwyn excels at this equal to any man and better then most women Leofwyn uses the sword, dagger and occasionally the bow Leofwyn is an avid fighter.
Other:Leofwyn has a heart for adventure, she awaits the time when her skills will truly be able to shine. She is a clever reader and writer, and always takes joy in song, at times she is quite the sensitive one.

message 28: by K. M. R., or Quirenas, the Cloudy One (With Lightning) (new)

if it's an è then you hold Alt and type 138 on the keyboard. Like: Lèofwyn.

message 29: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

Hey Kayla, I like that starting post. Do you think you could move it to the roleplay section? This is the character section, y'know. I'm adding a new section for rp discussion. It's for if you want to ask peoples' opinion on adding a new plot element, or whatever, you could put it there. Just to make sure the rp itself doesn't get cluttered.

message 30: by Kate (new)

Kate | 277 comments Mod
where is the actual roleplay section? i see only the characters and the discussion section? or has it not been made yet? :) ill leave posting the new section up to you Helen dear you probably know more about it then i do...i think we have an excellent start so im ready to get this going asap...whenever you guys are ready let the adventure begin!

message 31: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

It's in the list with the other sections. It's the last one on the list.

message 32: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

But I really don't know any more than you do. I'm new...

message 33: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

Elizabeth, where'd your character go? He seems to have disappeared. But yeah, you can definitely write pretty big chunks at a time, just not pages and pages. After all, there are now *counts on fingers* six of us here, so we wouldn't want to monopolize the story line. The order sounds great, but Lindsay could post before me if she wanted -- Katie too, if it comes to that.

message 34: by K. M. R., or Quirenas, the Cloudy One (With Lightning) (new)

Sorry. I was trying to give an example, not strat. But that is a pretty good starting post. I think I will use it... i probably should have put that it was an example of semi-literate...

message 35: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

Thanks for the explanation! It really is a great starting post. Semi-literate is probably the best course of action- far better than illiterate, anyway! :)

message 36: by Cece (last edited Mar 16, 2010 08:06AM) (new)

Cece hi i want to roleplay! Can we use ccharacters form the book

message 37: by [deleted user] (last edited May 26, 2010 05:43AM) (new)

Don't worry Helen...I think I might just wait until the next roleplay to join in, since it appears that you have too many characters as it is. (And by summer, y'all be too far ahead for me to *ever* catch up!)

That being said, I thought I'd just give a quick description of the character that I'll add in, if there should be a new roleplay:

*Name: Eären Twosword (possibly short for "Eärendil" but I don't know...he's never told me otherwise. :P)
*Race: Wood-Elf from the realm of Mirkwood
*Personality: He once was a very outgoing person who loved to sing, dance, and be merry, but after several tragedies in his life (one of which was the news of his beloved sister's s murder), he became more and more hardened and enbittered. During the War of the Ring, he stayed undercover in Mirkwood as a former soldier named Revion, training younger Elves to fight. Today, he is the captain of the Mirkwood army; despite that, he prefers to stay behind the scenes and help those who fight, but will come forth and take the lead when the need is dire. His sense of humor and emotions are slowly returning with time as his heart and mind heals from his difficult life.
*Appearance: Tall with long ebony hair and piercing sky-blue eyes. His skin is porcelain white--almost luminescent in the dark--and his body is exceptionally built from centuries of training. His face shows signs of wear and age from the hardships in his life and the multiple wars he has partaken in. His weapon of choice is an Elvish longsword engraven with Elvish runes and a small hunting knife that doubles as a dagger. He often wears tunics and trousers in earth tones, and his cloak is from the Galadhrim of Lothlorien--a reward for one of his duties to them.
*Skills: Although well-trained in every art, he is known around Mirkwood for his skill in hand-to-hand combat and sword-fighting. He prefers traveling on foot to riding horseback, and he excels at tracking.
*Other: Eären loves to make things--especially anything out of wood--and loves to hunt for recreational purposes. When alone with his sister, he loved to sing, play the panpipes, and draw. His intense loyalty to that which is good is considered one of his best qualities, along with his fierce love for justice.

message 38: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

OOH I love him! Sounds like he has a great back history. Very vivid!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks! :D

message 40: by Kate (new)

Kate | 277 comments Mod
Hmmmmm....I wonder where Earen came from...;) (**wink** wink** from twin))

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't *know* .... that's a *very* good question! lol why are you on Kate's account?? :)

message 42: by Kate (new)

Kate | 277 comments Mod
shes gone now lol...it was just because my account was pulled up at the current moment...

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

ahhh...*taps side of nose* gotcha...let's not be hasty! :D

message 44: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

BTW Cece, you are more than welcome to start a separate roleplay in our group. I definitely don't have anything against others starting rp's, but if you have too many people going at once, a rp gets cluttered and confusing, and less fun for everyone.

message 45: by Cece (new)

Cece ok

message 46: by K. M. R., or Quirenas, the Cloudy One (With Lightning) (last edited Mar 16, 2010 04:56PM) (new)

Ah... Isn't it wonderful to have other fanatics to talk to? My friends just don't appreciate Lord of the Rings. The other day my friend refered to it as, "That big book about elves" I almost cried.

P.S. Cece, you can always title it Roleplay 2! **wink**

message 47: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

"that big book about elves?!?" Some people have no taste for fine literature...

message 48: by Lindsay, aka...Dera the chatterbox (new)

Lol! That's almost as bad as when I was talking about Gandalf to someone and they say "Who? The Dumbledore wannabe?"

message 49: by Ada, AKA Caladhiel of Eregion (new)

D'oh! *slaps forehead*

message 50: by Lindsay, aka...Dera the chatterbox (new)

Exactly.

« previous 1 3