Lies (Gone, #3) Lies discussion

Book Covers

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dale (new)

Dale The kids in these books are suppose to be in their early teens or younger. But the models used for the covers of these books, do not look middle-school aged kids. Especially on book #3. The blonde looks like she's in her 20s.

I know "don't judge a book by its cover" but it just makes it irritating a bit.

Sandybeach I like the Australian book covers. They perfectly portray the element of drama and darkness. The books are totally black with the title being in a different colour for each book.

Kimberly ive been trying to figure out who is who on all the book covers. so far ive figured out who sam and astrid are. also diana and caine, BUT i am stumped on who the boy and girl are on the back of the lies book cover.. any suggestions?

Sandybeach I hate covers that have images of the characters. I prefer to use the author's descriptions and my own imagination to decide what the characters look like.

Ruth I agree with that! if you have a photo of the people then that's how you imagine then to be. i like the Australian book covers.

Savannah13 i think it might be quin and the girl im stumped on as well. I thought it could be breeze but i think she's prettier than that so it could be Dahara maybe.

Savannah13 Sandybeach wrote: "I hate covers that have images of the characters. I prefer to use the author's descriptions and my own imagination to decide what the characters look like."
i actually dont mind the characters on the front. They give me a basic imagery to work off of. Of course my characters look different in my head im sure they change for everyone. Its probably Grant's picture of what they look like, otherwise he wouldn't have approved it.

Shivani can someone link the Austrailian covers? i wanna see them but i can't find them anywhere!

Maddie Sandybeach wrote: "I like the Australian book covers. They perfectly portray the element of drama and darkness. The books are totally black with the title being in a different colour for each book."

Those covers are AMAZING!!!

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ no offense but i like the original covers better and i dont mind the characters looking a little older i kinda imagine them like that except astrid and diana but who are the boy and girl on the back of lies and plague?????

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ ummm....on the 3rd book cover back, I am stumped on who the girl is. But I for sure know that the guy with the long hair is Drake. I know, not even CLOSE to what I was thinking, but whatever.

Was anyone thinking of Drake with black, short hair, and a more not grown up face?

Caine doesn't look like I pictured him at all, too long of hair, and NO resemblance to Sam whatsoever.

Although, Astrid and Sam's characters on the front were spot on. Especially Sam, just as I would have pictured him. He is very attractive indeed ;)

message 13: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Everyone (and I truly mean everyone) I've asked says the boy with the long hair is Drake. The girl is definitely Brittany, but the guy just screams Sanjit to me, because of how he was described in the book.

message 14: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani none of the characters look anything like I imagined them -_-
Is it Diana and Sam on the cover of Light?

Iluvthefayz I dont like the austrialian covers i like the ones wth the ppl on them. the austrialian covers are boring but there still very nice

Jimmy Kimberly wrote: "ive been trying to figure out who is who on all the book covers. so far ive figured out who sam and astrid are. also diana and caine, BUT i am stumped on who the boy and girl are on the back of th..."

Its Brittney and Drake, the one I'm stumped on is the front cover of FEAR. I know the back cover of FEAR is Sam and Dekka.

Madai Jimmy wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "ive been trying to figure out who is who on all the book covers. so far ive figured out who sam and astrid are. also diana and caine, BUT i am stumped on who the boy and girl are ..."

Jimmy wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "ive been trying to figure out who is who on all the book covers. so far ive figured out who sam and astrid are. also diana and caine, BUT i am stumped on who the boy and girl are ..."

in the front it's diana (you can see her shirt has a bulge) and the boy next to her is quinn (as they say)but to me it's caine.

Kåiłeē Gone: Front-Astrid/Sam Back-Diana/Canie
Hunger: Front-Diana/Canie Back-Astrid/Sam
Lies: Front-Sam/Astrid Back-Brittney/Drake
Plague: Front-Astrid/(Drake or Sanjit) Back-Sam/Brittney
Fear: Front-Diana/Quinn Back-Sam/Dekka
Light: Front- Sam/Diana Back-Not released.

These are what I have found!! Not sure about Plague Front cover though...

message 19: by Gretchen (last edited Jul 04, 2014 06:37PM) (new)

Gretchen On the back of Lies I always thought it was Quinn and Orsay... On the front, Astrid and Sam. I guess it does fit Sanjits description though. And NO that is NOT Drake because he was described to have blonde hair, and for the most part, the covers get the hair colors right.

message 20: by Adam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Adam Burnley i got the covers with the name of the book on it with the colours which i find better

message 21: by Readertime1779 (new)

Readertime1779 I like the covers where there are the silhouettes of the characters, like on LIES, there was a figure standing there with a whip hand visible.