Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

45 views
Archive > Kathleen E Woodiwiss

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Just picked up 'The Wolf and The Dove' and 'A Rose in Winter'... I keep seeing her name as one of the 'original Bodice Rippers'... lol.. So I must check her out.


message 2: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 124 comments I loved a Rose in Winter. It's still at the top of my all-time favorites after several years. I think I've only read three of her books, but I have most of the others on TBR.


message 3: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
So far, I'm enjoying it. Very good writing, which is promising.


message 4: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) Hi Shell, I just finished rereading the Wolf and the Dove - its one of my all time faves. Woodiwiss was one of the best, not the most explicit, but her writing was in a class all by itself. Im interested to hear what you think of them, A Rose in Winter was one of her best also. You should try Shanna, as well.


message 5: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
I couldn't finish it. It may have had something to do with a mad rush trip to Alberta, with my husband and bro-in-law, cause my mom-in-law is in the hospital there. I tried, but I found it dry. Lately, however, I find myself very critical in what I've read though. So it is plausible my view is an unfair one. Is there such thing as 'reader's block'? If so, I think I have it.


message 6: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) Shell wrote: "I couldn't finish it. It may have had something to do with a mad rush trip to Alberta, with my husband and bro-in-law, cause my mom-in-law is in the hospital there. I tried, but I found it dry. Lat..."

Sorry to hear that, hope everyone is ok. For me, when stuff like that is going on the deepest reading I am capable of is In Style magazine!


message 7: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Tammy wrote: "Shell wrote: "I couldn't finish it. It may have had something to do with a mad rush trip to Alberta, with my husband and bro-in-law, cause my mom-in-law is in the hospital there. I tried, but I fou..."

Lol... I picked up a few simple. HR's the other day, to help me out of my reading rut. I think what I have been doing, is constantly searching for that next 'epic' read.. setting myself up for dissapointment that way. The book I just read, I really enjoyed, so I think I'm out of my slump now.


message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments I just bought The Elusive Flame. It is a 2nd book I think. Do I have to read book 1? The Elusive Flame by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss


message 9: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) Kelly wrote: "I just bought The Elusive Flame. It is a 2nd book I think. Do I have to read book 1?The Elusive Flame by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss"

I don't think you do -- the main character is the son of the leads from The Flame and the Flower, but the book itself stands alone. Have you read any of her others?


message 10: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments Tammy wrote: "Kelly wrote: "I just bought The Elusive Flame. It is a 2nd book I think. Do I have to read book 1?The Elusive Flame by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss"

I don't think you do -- the main character is the son ..."


No this will be my first. I bought it at a discount book store for $2.00. I remember a lot of people really liked her so I grabbed it.


message 11: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments Can someone tell me how to pronounce this heroines name?
Cerynis?
Thanks.


message 12: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) Kelly wrote: "Can someone tell me how to pronounce this heroines name?
Cerynis?
Thanks."


I used to slur it together in my head as I read it (Siriblahblah) so I never did figure it out LOL - I'd never heard the name before.


message 13: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments Tammy wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Can someone tell me how to pronounce this heroines name?
Cerynis?
Thanks."

I used to slur it together in my head as I read it (Siriblahblah) so I never did figure it out LOL -..."


LOL....

I want to say Shernise? But if I can't figure it out I don't think I can read the book. I have a huge probem when I hate the main characters names.
Thanks


message 14: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
I would say 'ser-ee-neese' or 'sara-neese'


message 15: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (authorjuliannad) | 124 comments My first inclination was the same as Shell's second pronunciation.


message 16: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) Shell's first pronounciation is closest to my slurred version - but you could always to the other thing I've done - skip it completely! It makes for a kind of "absence of sound" when the hero speaks her name, but what the heck :)


message 17: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 144 comments Tammy wrote: "Shell's first pronounciation is closest to my slurred version - but you could always to the other thing I've done - skip it completely! It makes for a kind of "absence of sound" when the hero spea..."

If I read it I will go with 'sara-neese' I hate when the h/h have ridiculous names!
Thanks guys!


message 18: by Lover of Romance (new)

Lover of Romance (loverofromance) | 14 comments Well I love Kathleen Woodiwiss, a talented author for sure!!! My Favorite book of hers is The Wolf and the Dove and I wish she had done more books in the era.


message 19: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
I need to give her a try again, the only book I have managed to read was Everlasting by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss , everything else failed to grab me.. So I always end up giving up..


back to top