Writing Passionates discussion

Archie > Longest story (now about David Archuleta)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 241 (241 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Veronica, What the neck!? (last edited May 16, 2008 01:20PM) (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
How long is the longest story that you've ever written?

Mine is one that I'm working on right now, that I have mentioned I don't know how many times, Roses for June. I have 5 1/2 pages in word, single spaced, size ten font. According to word, I have a little over 17,000 characters, which translates into 3,942 words. I also like this story better than anything else I've written, and not just because it is getting long and I'm making a lot of progress in a short time. I got the idea only a little over a month ago, and it is turning out to be a really good idea. So, I'm pround of myself!

Are you guys proud of yourselves too?

message 2: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
the longest story i ever wrote was Destiny, my first and only novel that i have ever completed writing. typed up, it is about 150 pages on word. whew... it took me soooo long to write it & edit it, though. i was definitely proud of myself when i was done! :D soul stealer, the novel that i'm working on right now, is also getting pretty long--i think i just got past page eighty... and i hope to finish the whole thing eventually.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) I haven't written enough stories to decide which is the longest. Also, I split up my books like into trilogies and series. If I had to choose one it'd be one of my fan fictions which was like 18-20 pages long.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) I know. Like one story fills up a whole notebook but barley makes anything on the computer.

message 5: by Brigid ✩ (new)

agh! i hate when that happens! when you write it down by hand, and you're like "omg! this is so long!" and then you type it up and it's like two pages. grr. when i wrote Destiny down by hand, it was like 200-something pages. but typed up it's 155 or something like that. but if it was on regular book-sized pages it would probably be around 300 i think...

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (ophelia17) | 67 comments the longest i've written was for this website thing- nanowrimo. check it out btw in november. well this story was just a draft and it's not finished but its like 25,000 words and 58 pages. Its all crap tho

message 7: by Brigid ✩ (new)

oh yay! nanowrimo! i am sooo going to do it again this year... hopefully this time i'll actually finish. :D

message 8: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Sella Malin | 4530 comments Mod
The longest story I've written is Moon Rise- 30 Chapters. But it's not a lot of pages- the chapters are short. It's 45 pages.

message 9: by Brigid ✩ (new)

wow. is it really that long? i didn't notice how long it was... :D

message 10: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Yup. :D

message 11: by Brigid ✩ (new)

awesome!!!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

the longest story i wrote was about probably 26 pages on a notebook and 12 in word. grrrr. curse you microsoft word!!!

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) OKay...with the stories I DO have on LotusWP, I have 22 pages.

message 14: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Oh I hate that- how it's much shorter when you type it up.

The finished story of Moon Rise is finally 33 chapters, and 50 pages. XD

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) The Other Side of the World is 57 pages written but 68 pages on word or something like that and only three chapters. word is demented.

message 16: by Brigid ✩ (new)

wow! it's really that long sella?? that's awesome! :D
i think i'm on page 94 or something like that on soul stealer... almost at page 100... that's exciting!!!! it's getting to be one of the longest things i've ever written! XD

message 17: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Yup! :D

Wow! Brigid, that's awesome that Soul Stealer is that long! Are you almost done or not yet?

message 18: by Brigid ✩ (new)

not sure. i hope to have it done by the end of the summer. i have a feeling it's going to be pretty long; i feel like i'm maybe 3/4 through the story (???) idk. maybe like fifty more pages left to write? i still have a lot planned for it...

message 19: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Wow!! Awesome!! I can't wait to read it!! When you finish, you MUST publish it. I'll buy the first copy. XD

message 20: by Brigid ✩ (new)

haha! thanx. XD i'll be the first to buy your books too!! lol. i think i got to page like 110 or something like that last night in soul stealer... aaah!!! i'm so happy. it's so rare that a story actually works out for me like this!!! okay... so my computer is fixed now so i think i'll be able to post more soon...

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) I WILL BUY ALL YOUR BOOKS WHEN THEY COME OUT! I have only read parts of some of them but, seriously, the feedback I read is amazing! Totally buying your guys' books! It will be awhile before I get mine published...lol!

message 22: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

SO WILL I!!!! XD

Hey Brigid, how long is the finished Soul Stealer?

message 23: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Cool! The most I've ever written in a story is the story I'm writing with Brigid, Moon Rise- about 100 pages in MS Word.

message 24: by Brigid ✩ (new)

;D cool
oh yeah now soul stealer is the longest thing i've ever written; it's like 218 pages on appleworks, and like 215 pages on word... XD

message 25: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

wow thats awesome!!

what exactly is appleworks? :-/

message 26: by Brigid ✩ (new)

well it's the same thing as word... only for macs... but word works on macs too so i use both.

message 27: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) hmmm... I'm in the middle of a story that is over 300 pages long, 1.5 spacing on word, but I need to cut a lot out. I kinda gave up when I realized I was writing in circles.

The one that I'm more passionate about that has the first drafte done is nearly 65,000 words long (194 pages or something like that...) But i write in 1.5 spacing (I type all my stories as I can't stand to write by hand!) and when you tihnk about publishing, it's always supposed to be 12 font Times New Roman with double space. Generally fantasy novels range anywhere from 60-80 thousand words. Anymore than 80, and many publishers won't consider it because that's an expensive risk to take.

message 28: by Brigid ✩ (new)

hmmm. i write in times new roman 12 pt, but i single-space...
are you sure about that, Laina? only 80 thousand words? cuz there are a lot of pretty long fantasy books out there... idk. i know that my most recent book, Soul Stealer, is a little over 100 thousand...

message 29: by Laina (new)

Laina (laineyru) well, I can't say I'm exactly sure. At this workshop I went to, they did say that to send anything in it had to be double spaced. And I know there are some HUGE fantasy books out there, but think about it logically for a minute: It takes a long of money to print a book... especially a lot of books. It's a big chance to print a large book from a little-nobody that you're not sure will ever make it. UNless an editor is completely sure, I doubt they'd take that huge of a risk. That's what I've read on various websites as I did research at least.

message 30: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Well 100 thousand words isn't HUGE, really. It would be a pretty average-sized book i think. a little over three hundred pages maybe. idk.
AAAAH!!! now i'm starting to freak out...

message 31: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

I write times new roman, 12 pt, and single space, like Brigid...

but I'm pretty sure there are a lot of fantasy books out there longer than 80 thousand words!! Well, first of all there's the obvious- HP- but I know there's more than that!

message 32: by Brigid ✩ (new)

uggggh. i hate HP... :P
ANYWAY, well yeah i know there are longer books out there. but i guess if you have a long-ish book, then it has to be really good (well, in the publishers' opinion, anyway), cuz like Laina said, they're not gonna waste all that paper printing a really crappy book. not that my book is crappy... at least i hope it isn't... XD hahaha.

message 33: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Brigid your book is amazing...at least I think it is...but I'm not the publishers, so...

message 34: by Brigid ✩ (new)

but you ARE the target audience for the book... ;D you know, teenage girls... that's gonna be the majority of ppl reading it, i think. haha.

message 35: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Yeah, you're right. Adults aren't the ones that matter. Teehee. XD

message 36: by Brigid ✩ (new)

adults are stoooopid. hahaha XD

message 37: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Lol. They are. XD

message 38: by Brigid ✩ (new)

unfortunately, most publishers/agents are adults. oh well. XD

message 39: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

Yes. Well. That may be a slight problem.

message 40: by Brigid ✩ (new)

but it can be solved. if we KILL THEM!! BWA HA HA!!! sorry, i just felt like saying that. i'm not actually going to kill anyone. really.

message 41: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

I'm not so sure. *stares at Brigid suspiciously*

Besides, if we killed them, who would be the publishers??

message 42: by Brigid ✩ (new)

WE WOULD BE!!! JOIN ME, SELLA AND WE WILL TAKE OVER THE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY!!! BWA HA HA HA -ominous crash of thunder!!!- XD

message 43: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

LOL!!! YES I WILL JOIN YOU!!! MWA HA HA HA HA!! *another ominous crash of thunder* *pulls on french accent* VE VILL GO GET ZE KILLING WEAPONZ NOWZ!

(whoops...I think I mixed a bulgarian accent with a french one...my bad.)

message 44: by Brigid ✩ (new)

tsk tsk sella... XD

message 45: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

WE WILL GO GET ZE KILLING WEAPONZ NOW!

message 46: by Brigid ✩ (new)

OKAY LET'S GO!!
our first weapon is... A HANNAH MONTANA CD!!! XD hahaha

message 47: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

LOL!! GREAT JOB BRIGID!! My turn...

Our second weapon is...a jonas brothers picture!!

message 48: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

OW! OW! OW! OW! OW!

message 49: by Brigid ✩ (new)

not as painful as the pic of the jo bros...

message 50: by Sella, ov vey! i haven't checked this group in months. >< (new)

true.

« previous 1 3 4 5