The Mortal Instruments discussion

City of Ashes > Dumbledore v. Magnus Bane

Comments Showing 1-50 of 263 (263 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments Well, I think we've all wondered about the question asked by the downworlder at Taki's. Who would win in a duel between Magnus and Dumbledore(HP)?

What do you think?

message 2: by Brianna (last edited Mar 05, 2010 05:51PM) (new)

Brianna  (whateven) magnus

message 3: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments really? but magnus doesn't really kill things.

message 4: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments He sure as hell can if he wanted to. The zappy fingers aren't a prop, they injure and kill

message 5: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) well is it a fight to the death?

message 6: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments dunno, think they would?

message 7: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) hmmmm, probly not

message 8: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments I doubt it's a fight to the death anyway. That would be a bit too crude for a young adult's book (but then again, the author did kill off a little boy for a poor reason...)

message 9: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

message 10: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments I still think Magnus would win hands down. He's the High Warlock of Brooklyn after all. Reminding you, he can save a drowning guy while having to hold wards down AND keep a truck above water all at the same time. Now that must be hard to do, give him some credit

message 11: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) oh i know, thats y i said he would win hes awsome, and hes older than older D so hes wiser

message 12: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments Yeah, he was quote "Alive when the Dead Sea was just a lake feeling a little under the weather" (Or something like that XD)

message 13: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) ((lolz)) i tinks thats it hes lik 700 or 800 years old i tink

message 14: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments well, wait. dumbledore's got his Order of Merlin.
and he held off all the inferi while under the spell of the icky potion thing.

message 15: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments He's 800 years old. He told Alec that in City of Glass. Though I think he might be older because he likes to lie about his age. First he said he 300 years old, then he was 700, now he claims he's 800. I think he's still lying, to be honest with you all.

message 16: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments that's weird

message 17: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) me 2 but maybe not............. hmmmm i dunno............but he loks GREAT for an old man *grins*

message 18: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments is there good fan art of Magnus?

message 19: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments he's old, but not an old man by far.
no wrinkles right?
it's kinda weird to think of an 800 year old liking alec, it's kinda like...petafile... not that i don't love magnus.

message 20: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) lolz, it is

message 21: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments It is. But there's not much he can do about that one. He's immortal. The only other immortal downworlders are other warlocks and vampires. (I'm not sure if witches are) But shadowhunters and werewolves are mortal. And we all know Magnus isn't much for vampires. (reference in City of Bones, at Magnus's party) But I've always wondered this: Magnus is immortal. Alec is mortal. So that means one day Alec is going to die, and Magnus isn't. What will happen? Maybe Alec goes vamp? Or something? (Makes me want to write a fanfic, but I don't have time for that sort of thing.)

message 22: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) hmmmmm, i never really thought of that maybe well finf out in the 4th bok but i somehow doubt that

message 23: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments ya, same with clary and simon

message 24: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) same with whoever ends up with Simon. either Izzy or Maia. i personally prefer Maia.

message 25: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments I prefer Isabelle with Simon. And I doubt will find out in book 4, the book is for Simon, so we're barely going to have any other pieces put into the puzzle for other characters. But I don't think that's very fair, Jace and Clary get three books, Simon, Isabelle, and Maia get one, and Alec and Magnus get little pieces in them all, but if you add them all up, they'll probably add up to three or four chapters at most. That's not fair at all! There should be a fifth book for them.

message 26: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) i agree. i want more of Simon, Alec & Magnus, Izzy and Maia. let's hope for that fifth book

message 27: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments Though it's probably not gonna happen. I get bored, so I do random things to pass the time, and one of them is read every sentence I can find on MortalInstruments.com, and CC said that the fourth book is the last one, but she is making another series called Infernal Devices, the first book, The Clockwork Angel, is coming out in September, and it will be taking place in the past, so all the characters, except Magnus, haven't been born yet. Magnus is in the series and you'll be able to get to know some of the characters ancestors, so I guess that's the next best thing.

message 28: by Daylighter (new)

Daylighter (pantea13) yeah i know, i'm part of her mortal instruments group ;), but i remember that when someone asked her if it was the last book or not she said maybe and how she has to see how things will go. here:
http://www.cassandraclare.com/cms/faq...

message 29: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments I hope! I guess the only thing I'll be able to do is pray to God (to the one of every religion, I don't believe in any of them, but it does make me feel like I did something (Sorry, I'm the Jace of religion :P (reference to City of Bones, after Magnus's party, before rescuing Simon)). But I'll have to read the fourth book and Infernal Devices to pacify myself for awhile. (That won't take long, though, I'm a motor-mouth)

message 30: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments lol, infernal devices-mortal instruments.
sounds like the same sort of thing.

anyone know Magnus' age appearance? who old does he look?

message 31: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments He looks nineteen. It says that City of Ashes.

message 32: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments Really? I always imagined him being 20 something

message 33: by Brianne (last edited Mar 07, 2010 06:28PM) (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments really, i was imagining like 26. that makes it totally less creepy right away.

still magnus has the confidence that comes from being 800 years old.

are warlocks immortal? or do they just live REALLY long without showing signs of age?

message 34: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments I don't know. I'm thinking immortal or extremely slow growing. But I think it's more of immortal, it makes more sense when you think of how he would be when he was little.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 31 comments Dumbledore!

Magnus is great and everything, but he wouldn't be able to beat the awesomeness of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.

message 36: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments Allexys wrote: "I don't know. I'm thinking immortal or extremely slow growing. But I think it's more of immortal, it makes more sense when you think of how he would be when he was little."

i thought only vamps and faeries were immortal, and you can't be 800 and look 19 no matter how slow growing you are.

message 37: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments Allexys wrote: "I don't know. I'm thinking immortal or extremely slow growing. But I think it's more of immortal, it makes more sense when you think of how he would be when he was little."

i thought only vamps and faeries were immortal, and you can't be 800 and look 19 no matter how slow growing you are.

message 38: by EmmaDenton (new)

EmmaDenton | 47 comments hes a warlock. hes magic. the son the a deamon. and the high-warlock of Brooklyn. it gives him the right 2 b immortal

message 39: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments Emma wrote: "hes a warlock. hes magic. the son the a deamon. and the high-warlock of Brooklyn. it gives him the right 2 b immortal"

Hell yeah it does!

message 40: by Brianna (new)

Brianna  (whateven) lolz, i think nd it mean think somewhere in the books it says that warlocks are immtortal or i could be thinking of a different book but i know i read that somewhere

message 41: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments Allexys wrote: "Emma wrote: "hes a warlock. hes magic. the son the a deamon. and the high-warlock of Brooklyn. it gives him the right 2 b immortal"

Hell yeah it does!"

sure he has the right, and it's cool, i was just wondering if they brought it up ever.

cuz alec is surprised he's 800, and the young warlock valentine killed was under 18, and looked it's age.

message 42: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments I think they just stop growing after they stop being a "child." (Which is 18 in the book for Shadowhunters, 15 or 16 for werewolves, so maybe it's 19 for warlocks)

message 43: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments hmm.. that's interesting
to never be old, be young until you die.

message 44: by EmmaDenton (new)

EmmaDenton | 47 comments maybe its 21? he cud just look young for his age. i think he cud be that age but has that hot ageless-ness - so he cud pass for 35, and 20. <3

message 45: by Allexys (new)

Allexys (Kamiru) | 44 comments He's looks 19. It's in City of Ashes or City of Glass. It's stated that he looks 19, but is 300 years old (Which it's kinda in Alec's point of view at that time, before he finds out Magnus's real age.) I tried to look for the page, but apparently I need to work on my skimming technique because I couldn't find it. :P

message 46: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments lol, so it's okay to date a 300 year old, but weird to date an 800 year old.

message 47: by EmmaDenton (new)

EmmaDenton | 47 comments nah, 800 is hott. i mean, how awesome wud it be wen ur friends go on about dating 'mature ppl'?

message 48: by Carly (new)

Carly | 348 comments haha, but age doesn't really equal maturity. My math teacher is almost 40 and acts like he is 10.

message 49: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 152 comments i'd say more like 16 1/2

message 50: by EmmaDenton (new)

EmmaDenton | 47 comments yerrr, and guys mature more slowly. sorry, but its a fact

« previous 1 3 4 5 6